Attendance & Atmosphere ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Attendance & Atmosphere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought the stadium looked crowded, not sure how 9,000 more people could fit.

The crowd, and especially the student section, were really pumped to make noise but the team did nothing through the first 3 quarters. In fact the loudest it got during that time period was when the dj played "livin on a prayer" and the student section went nuts, singing well into the beginning of the next UVA play.

two random thoughts:

The videos of the four legged huskies on the big screen flashed occasionally were awesome!
The crowd in my section 200 were sober but the participants from the stands for the football throw, punt catching, and field goal kicking must have been really juiced, if sober they should all lose their man cards. pitiful.

Last edited:

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
In fact the loudest it got during that time period was when the dj played "livin on a prayer" and the student section went nuts, singing well into the beginning of the next UVA play.

I think UConn had the ball. I remember thinking to myself, great, keep all the fans singing past the time out while we're trying to get off the play. The stadium multimedia crew had an off day on several counts. Someone already mentioned the botched recognition of the Women's championship team.

Reaction Score
I think UConn had the ball. I remember thinking to myself, great, keep all the fans singing past the time out while we're trying to get off the play. The stadium multimedia crew had an off day on several counts. Someone already mentioned the botched recognition of the Women's championship team.

I think it was UVA ball and they were going towards the score board end of the field, but I will admit I was looking at the students rock.

Reaction Score
went by the Fan Fest about 11:30pm, woefully empty. The blaring music volume makes it impossible for even a college aged fan to linger, could not hear the person next to me.
11:30am

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Honestly, if you didn't have a good time with that weather, the band, tailgate, etc. you probably need to consider doing something else with your Saturday.

Terrific time and the good guys won.

Bunch of drunks behind us for the second half who were yelling at an elderly couple with UVA shirts on. Was wondering if we were going to have to intervene. Thankfully the knuckleheads moved on after the game and left the couple alone. Very tough group of a**holes - couple had to be in their 70s.

I must say that is one thing I wont stand for, if other teams fans wanna come here and start stuff then by all means have at em but that is unacceptable. to harass opponents fans for just coming to cheer on their team while acting like absolute morons is not being a good ambassador for the university or the state that we represent. sometimes I truly despise the people that show up to UConn games that aren't actually fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Livin on a Prayer was used to take the crowd out of the Cincy hoop game. Zero situational awareness.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
The minute that bs started I would speak up. The elderly should not have to put up with drunken bs. I have had many words with the nasty drunks by the video screen. I don't know why some guys get nasty when they drink while others just get mellow.
This sounds kinda crazy, becuase I am an adult and I enjoy drinking, especially when tailgating and watching our Huskies- but this is the kind of crap that makes we think sometimes we might be better off having no alcohol sales inside the stadium.

Reaction Score
Odd thing is that most of the games I can't give my tickets away for free.
A few well placed calls or emails to Big Brothers/Sisters, East Hartford Bd of Ed, churches, or other charities may help. Over several years time, multiple people enjoyed games when relatives, friends, Bineyarders, or others couldn't use the tix. Then again, one Big Brother sold some tickets as he rarely appeared to know much about some games when asked "How'd your Little enjoy the game?" At least they were used when I was a day flight away overseas.

Reaction Score
A few well placed calls or emails to Big Brothers/Sisters, East Hartford Bd of Ed, churches, or other charities may help. Over several years time, multiple people enjoyed games when relatives, friends, Bineyarders, or others couldn't use the tix. Then again, one Big Brother sold some tickets as he rarely appeared to know much about some games when asked "How'd your Little enjoy the game?" At least they were used when I was a day flight away overseas.

Not really my point. When you put a post up on FB days in advance and you have no takers...it says a lot about our fan base.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I must say that is one thing I wont stand for, if other teams fans wanna come here and start stuff then by all means have at em but that is unacceptable. to harass opponents fans for just coming to cheer on their team while acting like absolute morons is not being a good ambassador for the university or the state that we represent. sometimes I truly despise the people that show up to UConn games that aren't actually fans.
As someone who has gotten ridiculous abuse for simply wearing UConn gear at Temple and Rutgers I have learned to always respect all fans.

Reaction Score
While we are on the subject of how opposing team fans are treated I am thining of going to the ECU game, but a few NC workmates said those fans can get pretty salty with opposing team fans.

I hear Greenville is a great game experience but I don't need beer thrown at me for wearing blue.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I work for East Hartford BOE. Quite frankly, seeing students at a game is my worst nightmare lol. I do my best to get kids pumped for the team that literally for some of them play in their backyard though. Gone as far as bribing them with all kinds of stupid stuff 5th graders are into to wear UConn gear on "favorite team day" etc.

I was 5th grade for the 99 hoops title run. EVERYONE lived and died by that team and we routinely had "blue and white day" on days of big games. Different times.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I don't know where this traffic thing keeps coming from. It was literally 8 minutes from my seat after the final whistle to the highway.

Then again, I probably see a lot of you commuting on 95.

The Rent is literally the easiest venue I've every been to traffic wise. You're in and out with very little issue 95% of the time. Some people are just crazy.

Reaction Score
We take our time leaving the stadium, sit in our car, relax, listen to Joe D, ugh. When the program is over, leave, no traffic to speak of. Don't know why everyone is in such a rush on a weekend night. Week nights I can understand.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
While we are on the subject of how opposing team fans are treated I am thining of going to the ECU game, but a few NC workmates said those fans can get pretty salty with opposing team fans.

I hear Greenville is a great game experience but I don't need beer thrown at me for wearing blue.
I will be there with my UConn gear on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak