Attendance & Atmosphere ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Attendance & Atmosphere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The tailgate was pretty wild in spots. Huge amounts of trash out in the red lots. Energy didn't really carry over into the stadium.

Reaction Score
It was good considering our crummy fanbase. 25% of the people are milling around the concourse, with no clue, and another 10% under the scoreboard. 5% were sleeping due to the Offense.

A typical day at the Rent.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
By the end of the game, the fans who sit on their hands had left and the true football fans were left to cheer and get pretty loud. As someone else said it was the best crowd noise I have heard since Michigan game

Reaction Score
The band leader might want to watch refs for penalties and plays"under review".

At least 2 times the band played while ref was explaining call. Could not hear the call.

Reaction Score
Posted this on another thread, Gate C had the worse security and scanners yesterday. The line was just not moving, We were there at 1:00 and it took 25 minutes to reach our seats right by that gate. Usually the lines move right along but yesterday they were the slowest I've ever seen.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Our seats are in Sect. 119 (in the sun). Got so hot that at half-time we moved across the stadium in to the shade of the press box. I thought the crowd withstood the miserable offensive showing well and really made noise at critical moments.

I think I scared what looked like Asian tourists (international students?) seated in front of us as I yelled at the top of my lungs and slammed my hand against the aluminum bench on 3rd downs (theirs!). They kept looking back at me in horror. They did laugh when a large number of people from our section started leaving after the late fumble and I, upon our immediate interception, started yelling "Hey! Where're going?" In retrospect it was probably a little obnoxious, but it pi$$ed me off with something like 3 minutes left and the issue still in doubt they couldn't stick it out and show some support?

My wife got hit on by some creep in the concourse when she having a snack in the 2nd qtr. (kinda weird).

Maybe I was hallucinating but in the 4th when I looked across to the UConn side of the stadium it looked like the blue seats were 70% empty while the sections on either side were still packed. WTF?

If we could just put together a moderately competent and entertaining offense, I think the fan response would be huge. Anyway we had a great time and I'm really looking forward to another nail-biter, make-me-want-to-choke 'ol Red Pants win over the Fruit. Go Dogs!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just don't get the people who watch 50 minutes of the game (these types arrive mid way through 1st quarter) but then leave with 3-4 minutes left in the game.. Do what you want I don't care but it makes very little sense to me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I no sooner sat down than another couple plopped down next to me "because they didn't like the view from row 7".

Is the view from row 8 in Sec 103 any better? Because that's what I've got for Sat.

Reaction Score
I personally would never leave early even if we are down 50 but u can see why a student watching our highly offensive offense would be bored out of their skull and thinking about getting ready for Jell-O shots.
Tying into the Orlovsky tweet this mindset that there's no way we can be a productive offense unless we run first is laughable.
Our line can not take over on the ground. Spread the field and we are actually pretty good and then use that to open up a running game
The stubbornness by this coaching staff has to end.

I'd be more likely to leave if we were up 49-10 than if we were tied in a low scoring game. But maybe that's me.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if you didn't have a good time with that weather, the band, tailgate, etc. you probably need to consider doing something else with your Saturday.

Terrific time and the good guys won.

Bunch of drunks behind us for the second half who were yelling at an elderly couple with UVA shirts on. Was wondering if we were going to have to intervene. Thankfully the knuckleheads moved on after the game and left the couple alone. Very tough group of a**holes - couple had to be in their 70s.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't know where this traffic thing keeps coming from. It was literally 8 minutes from my seat after the final whistle to the highway.

Then again, I probably see a lot of you commuting on 95.

Reaction Score
Loudest I've heard in a good while, in the second half at least.

Student section represented again, was overflowing at first, but by the end of the game it was only about 2/3 full. Gotta get back on campus on a Saturday evening and rest up for the night out I guess.

Reaction Score
I don't know where this traffic thing keeps coming from. It was literally 8 minutes from my seat after the final whistle to the highway.

Then again, I probably see a lot of you commuting on 95.

From my seat in the North Endzone, to my car in Gray Lot and from there to the intersection of Forbes and Silver (went out to dinner in Glastonbury after), it was 35 minutes.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
The ending kick into a 1/3 full student section was great. They need to fix the early shuttles.
...like eliminate them? Because that's what I'd do if I was Benedict.

Reaction Score
I thought the 4Q crowd was good...for those who managed to slug their way through 3 quarters of unwatchable football. In a twist of irony, the game actually got pretty exciting after the early exits left the stadium. It wasn't a "good" game but it definitely had an exciting finish.

Actually in the 4th quarter it was the Blue back seats and the student section that was 2/3 empty. Never will understand why someone pays the extra for those blue backs and then doesn't show or leaves early. Its the same at basketball.

Reaction Score
Actually in the 4th quarter it was the Blue back seats and the student section that was 2/3 empty. Never will understand why someone pays the extra for those blue backs and then doesn't show or leaves early. Its the same at basketball.

Because to some people buying tickets is about supporting the university and not about value per ticket. I'm guilty of being a no-show at a lot of hoops games because I work in Manhattan. Odd thing is that most of the games I can't give my tickets away for free.

Reaction Score
I thought the last quarter of the Houston game last year was pretty good too.

Actually, the crowd was much more into it at the end of the Houston game than Saturday. But given the heat, the energy for 60 minutes against Houston and that the UVA game didn't have a team that will get near the rankings involved, it was nonetheless a good effort by the fans.

Reaction Score
Definitely looked like a bigger crowd than what was announced, but maybe its just been so long since they filled the place up that it just felt bigger. Noise was good. The students were the same as always. Early season games with good weather they fill the place up. When things are good, they are the loudest. They are also the first to bail when things aren't looking good.

Hopefully coming off a win going up against Syracuse will be a great atmosphere next week.

Reaction Score
Because to some people buying tickets is about supporting the university and not about value per ticket. I'm guilty of being a no-show at a lot of hoops games because I work in Manhattan. Odd thing is that most of the games I can't give my tickets away for free.
I will pay for your hoops tixs anytime.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if you didn't have a good time with that weather, the band, tailgate, etc. you probably need to consider doing something else with your Saturday.

Terrific time and the good guys won.

Bunch of drunks behind us for the second half who were yelling at an elderly couple with UVA shirts on. Was wondering if we were going to have to intervene. Thankfully the knuckleheads moved on after the game and left the couple alone. Very tough group of a**holes - couple had to be in their 70s.

The minute that bs started I would speak up. The elderly should not have to put up with drunken bs. I have had many words with the nasty drunks by the video screen. I don't know why some guys get nasty when they drink while others just get mellow.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Our seats are in Sect. 119 (in the sun). Got so hot that at half-time we moved across the stadium in to the shade of the press box. I thought the crowd withstood the miserable offensive showing well and really made noise at critical moments.

I think I scared what looked like Asian tourists (international students?) seated in front of us as I yelled at the top of my lungs and slammed my hand against the aluminum bench on 3rd downs (theirs!). They kept looking back at me in horror. They did laugh when a large number of people from our section started leaving after the late fumble and I, upon our immediate interception, started yelling "Hey! Where're going?" In retrospect it was probably a little obnoxious, but it pi$$ed me off with something like 3 minutes left and the issue still in doubt they couldn't stick it out and show some support?

My wife got hit on by some creep in the concourse when she having a snack in the 2nd qtr. (kinda weird).

Maybe I was hallucinating but in the 4th when I looked across to the UConn side of the stadium it looked like the blue seats were 70% empty while the sections on either side were still packed. WTF?

If we could just put together a moderately competent and entertaining offense, I think the fan response would be huge. Anyway we had a great time and I'm really looking forward to another nail-biter, make-me-want-to-choke 'ol Red Pants win over the Fruit. Go Dogs!!!!
I was BAKING in 219. Still pink in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom