ATTENDANCE: 27,104 | The Boneyard

ATTENDANCE: 27,104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our lowest attendance figure ever as an FBS program. Against a ranked team. On national television.

I am rubbing my eyes, trying to make sure I am reading right.

Reaction Score
If you stayed till the end there were maybe 1000 of us left...if that. I know except for the 2 sitting above my wife and I 241 and 242 were completely empty.

Reaction Score
Our lowest attendance figure ever as an FBS program. Against a ranked team. On national television.

I am rubbing my eyes, trying to make sure I am reading right.

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals
I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384007006.724382.jpg

Thats what early 4th quarter looked like.

Reaction Score
View attachment 4152

Thats what early 4th quarter looked like.
The only people left on the other side in Whalers picture by the end of the game were the parents who are the big group between the band and the chairbacks along with scattered groups of 2-4 in a few of the sections.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The only people left on the other side in Whalers picture by the end of the game were the parents who are the big group between the band and the chairbacks along with scattered groups of 2-4 in a few of the sections.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384007514.038018.jpg

The rest.

Reaction Score
If you stayed till the end there were maybe 1000 of us left...if that. I know except for the 2 sitting above my wife and I 241 and 242 were completely empty.

take the band, and the L'ville fans out of that 1000 people, And I think you may have had about 500 or less

Reaction Score
My group were the only people in our section in the 4th quarter. We sat two sections over from the Louisville section in the end zone.

Sad.

Reaction Score
I left. Usually don't but the fun has been ripped out of me. We are even talking about giving up our tickets for next year after a 13 year run first at Memorial and since the Rent opened.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My brother and I stayed until the very end. Was nice to see Abrams and Cochran connect on the TD drive to spoil lots of Cards bettors. The halftime exodus was completely embarrassing. The group of guys who sit in front of us even took off at halftime and they're usually pretty boisterous. Not a good showing on national TV, to say the least. I know it was cold and we haven't won a game and it was a Friday night and all but watching the game with the Louisville fans, the band, the players' families, and a handful of you guys for an entire half of football was completely unexpected. Maybe there will only be 5K in the stands against Memphis after all. I think Mike Aresco just mailed Susan Herbst the AAC GOR papers. I'm disgusted and embarrassed.

Reaction Score
Whaler11: If we had known you were taking the 4th quarter picture of the UCONN sideline, we would have smiled (all 11 of us at that point) in section 223! I can see us, you got our good side.

We've been in 223 for five years (240 and 139 for six years total before that). The die hards--folks who stay 'til the end like we do--left at half time. The potty-mouthed, self-confessed drunk twenty-something who couldn't figure out that you walk down the stairs to get to the bathroom never returned from the bathroom. The fun Jell-o shot smuggling fan with big money on the point spread left after the 3rd quarter.

I shouted "give me a reason to stay" just before the Andrew Adams INT. That reason to stay quickly became an ESPN top 10 play. We stayed anyway. There were six people in our section when the game ended.

It took us 90 seconds to drive from the Gray lot to the Silver Lane exit. The Blue lot was post-apocalyptic: garbage bags, bottles and cans, a few cars at best.

I've never seen the place vacated--the stadium, the parking lots, almost the spirit of the place. That's how it felt as we drove home.

I don' t envy Coach Weist (never trust a man with the gameplan if he can't dress for a 38 degree night game) and the rest of the coaching staff. I truly feel for the team. And I had a fleeting thought of HCPP--home and warm, UCONN buyout money in the bank--and Jeff Hathaway--home and warm--and was angry and sad.

We'll be back for Rutgers and Memphis and going to Temple. Stop by section 223 during the Memphis game--we may be the only ones there.

Reaction Score
We are even talking about giving up our tickets for next year after a 13 year run first at Memorial and since the Rent opened.

You and the many, many, many like yourself are the target audience for the next hire in the sense that the new coach & WM need to full-on market to current and former season ticket holders, and not just starting in the summer. From the day of the hire. Personal letters and even phone calls from the new coach will go a long way. Charisma and marketability are almost as important as being a good coach this go around. We're not getting Mike Leach but someone like that who is not afraid to think out of the box in the marketing sense.

Last edited:

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
This certainly isn't a surprise. I am sure 99.99% of the Boneyarders would have predicted this result in attendance and people leaving early. Hell I was trying to give away 2 seats on the 50 yard line and had no takers.

The AD is going to have to be very creative to get fans to sign up for a 3 year commitment for season tickets next year. I can envision a substantial drop in season ticket sales for 2014. Some fans might reappear if the team starts to show some life as the season progresses. Be prepared for the BCU crowd and others posting empty Rent photos next year and delighting in UCONN's Football demise.

With the right coach we will hopefully be back to this years' interest in Football in 3 - 4 years. It is going to be a long slog and UCONN will lose some of their more ardent supporters.

How many of us will persevere?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was only the second time I ever left before the end and the most time left on the clock. I left with like 5 minutes left because my wife was miserable and really what argument was there for staying.

Reaction Score
(never trust a man with the gameplan if he can't dress for a 38 degree night game).

I actually give him credit for that one. Growing up in northern Michigan, last night was probably downright tropical for him.

Reaction Score
T
Whaler11: If we had known you were taking the 4th quarter picture of the UCONN sideline, we would have smiled (all 11 of us at that point) in section 223! I can see us, you got our good side.

We've been in 223 for five years (240 and 139 for six years total before that). The die hards--folks who stay 'til the end like we do--left at half time. The potty-mouthed, self-confessed drunk twenty-something who couldn't figure out that you walk down the stairs to get to the bathroom never returned from the bathroom. The fun Jell-o shot smuggling fan with big money on the point spread left after the 3rd quarter.

I shouted "give me a reason to stay" just before the Andrew Adams INT. That reason to stay quickly became an ESPN top 10 play. We stayed anyway. There were six people in our section when the game ended.

It took us 90 seconds to drive from the Gray lot to the Silver Lane exit. The Blue lot was post-apocalyptic: garbage bags, bottles and cans, a few cars at best.

I've never seen the place vacated--the stadium, the parking lots, almost the spirit of the place. That's how it felt as we drove home.

I don' t envy Coach Weist (never trust a man with the gameplan if he can't dress for a 38 degree night game) and the rest of the coaching staff. I truly feel for the team. And I had a fleeting thought of HCPP--home and warm, UCONN buyout money in the bank--and Jeff Hathaway--home and warm--and was angry and sad.

We'll be back for Rutgers and Memphis and going to Temple. Stop by section 223 during the Memphis game--we may be the only ones there.
The jello shot smugglers came to 222 in the second half. They shared their loot with our crew which was very nice of them. Made the third quarter a little more enjoyable

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This certainly isn't a surprise. I am sure 99.99% of the Boneyarders would have predicted this result in attendance and people leaving early. Hell I was trying to give away 2 seats on the 50 yard line and had no takers.

We have a group of 6 and are down to just 2 of us who are consistently going game after game (my brother and I). One guy moved to FL but the ticket account is in his name so we have to keep him in to keep our points for parking. I've been trying to give away up to 4 tickets all season, except for the Michigan game, and have had no takers. Last night's offer was a free ticket, free parking, and free tailgate. We have a LONG way to go to get back to where we were a few years ago.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My brother and I stayed until the very end. Was nice to see Abrams and Cochran connect on the TD drive to spoil lots of Cards bettors. The halftime exodus was completely embarrassing. The group of guys who sit in front of us even took off at halftime and they're usually pretty boisterous. Not a good showing on national TV, to say the least. I know it was cold and we haven't won a game and it was a Friday night and all but watching the game with the Louisville fans, the band, the players' families, and a handful of you guys for an entire half of football was completely unexpected. Maybe there will only be 5K in the stands against Memphis after all. I think Mike Aresco just mailed Susan Herbst the AAC GOR papers. I'm disgusted and embarrassed.
Why would anyone wanna stay past halftime? It was 10:30, cold, and the on field product was abysmal. Namee one program in the country where this scenario would not play out if the situation was similar. What is embarrassing is the team and the players who are all smiles on the sidelines while getting their @ss handed to them.....again

Reaction Score
I left after the pick 6. I never leave early but my toes were starting to numb up, I was sleepy, and I wasn't exactly expecting a comeback.

Reaction Score
As always I stayed to the bitter end. I did however not watch the end of the basketball game (The Rent's choice not mine). If they need to show the band instead of the end of the hoops game, could they at least show a live score in one corner of the video board.

Reaction Score
This was one of the most fun games for me. My buddies and I sat in the second row of chairbacks between the 45 and 50 and gave Strong and random LVille players crap all night.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just woeful night all the way around. Next year no four year student will have witnessed a winning season. Starting from scratch without the benefit of a transition years. Anyone know what they did with the trailers?

Reaction Score
I counted the student section at the start of the second half and there was 149.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom