Atlanta signs Tyrese Martin to multi-year contract | The Boneyard

Atlanta signs Tyrese Martin to multi-year contract

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I saw a couple of his summer league games….he’s in better shape which makes sense given that it’s easier to focus only on that when you do not have to worry about pesky things like class and homework and graduating. But he’s much more assertive, too.

He looks better against pros than he did in college.…they can’t pack the driving lanes there they way they could against our offense and he’s thriving in that space.

What a great news drop. Terrific for Tyrese.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Congrats Rese! Very happy for you. Not surprised. Felt your leaving was our biggest loss. Hope others can step up and replace your contributions.

Reaction Score
Does this mean he made their roster or is this contract how those two-way things work?

Reaction Score
Wow! Congrats Tyrese!

Think about how expectations started until this moment. He’ll play in Europe, he’ll be a free agent in the g league, he might get drafted in the second round and get a two way contract, he’s an NBA rookie. So happy to see it work out this way for someone that had to earn it. It has to be even sweeter. I also can’t see him mailing it in now that he got the contract. Add another team that I’ll check box scores for every night.

Reaction Score
Soooo sick. Great for Tyrese and great for the program.

Guessing there are some non-guaranteed years/team options in this contract, but it's awesome that Tyrese is going to get a legit shot and a roster spot. Should be a healthy payday too, even though he will be one of the lowest paid players in the league.

Reaction Score
Are we sure about this? Alot of times these deals are partially gyaranteed.
This reporter reports two-year contract

We don't know how much is guaranteed or not, but usually the first year is guaranteed at the least, so he should be on the roster this year. It was also confirmed not to be a two-way contract. Welcome to the show Tyrese!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great story.. Looks like the spacing and freedom he has in the pros plays to his offensive skill set.

Pretty cool that the Hawks traded for him based on their scouting and he has been rewarded with a contract based on his performance and hard work..

Just the beginning for him.

Reaction Score
Don’t get me wrong. I pumped for Tyrese and this is the next step. But this is standard for second round picks good enough where the team wants to hold his rights. Typically, the first year is partially guaranteed at a value that still doesn’t make it definite. That said, Tyrese will make this team and contribute. For him, this is still best case scenario and should be celebrated

Reaction Score
Couldn’t be happier for the dude. Feel like his wrist injury during the season was really underplayed, in the summer league he is noticeably more comfortable with the ball in his hands. Might need to get a jersey

Reaction Score
Don’t get me wrong. I pumped for Tyrese and this is the next step. But this is standard for second round picks good enough where the team wants to hold his rights. Typically, the first year is partially guaranteed at a value that still doesn’t make it definite. That said, Tyrese will make this team and contribute.
Yup. Hollinger with details.

But way better and more lucrative than 2-way deal (assuming it's more than an absolute minimum deal with half guaranteed which is what 2-way deal is).

Reaction Score
Yup. Hollinger with details.

But way better and more lucrative than 2-way deal (assuming it's more than an absolute minimum deal with half guaranteed which is what 2-way deal is).

It’s way better than a two way deal. Plus, Tyrese would probably make 3-5x more on a top European deal than a two way.

Reaction Score
It’s way better than a two way deal.
Yeah he should see the full first year unless they have some sort of roster shakeup (big trade taking in more players than they send out, etc.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom