Atlanta signs Tyrese Martin to multi-year contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Atlanta signs Tyrese Martin to multi-year contract

Reaction Score
Good for Tyrese. Guarantee probably in December or January.

Looking at him, he was probably the most translatable nba player on the roster.

Funny how different nba is from college. Martin didn’t make the all conf league and Collin Gillespie, who wins POY, isn’t drafted.

Your college production doesn’t matter. It is what you can do in the pro game.

Reaction Score
Final roster spot, not a two way contract

Not the final roster spot for ATL; they have the 15th roster spot open and Chaundee Brown on one of their 2-way contracts.

This is awesome for TMart, and UConn nation!

The final SL Hawks game is @ 3pm on NBA TV

Reaction Score
Congrats to Tyrese! Like I said in the Summer League thread he is showing more consistently the ability to drive to the hoops in a various ways. We only saw glimpses this while at UCONN and few games Depaul away in his first year come to mind. I guess he is stop deferring to others and just playing. It would been nice to see TMart in our 4 out offense we are going to implement this year. I'm sure he would of shined in that kind of offense.

Reaction Score
Time to rosterbate… NBA teams usually have 9-10 man rotations in regular season.

Starters essentially locked:
Murray
Young
Hunter
Collins
Capela

6th man locked:
Bogdanovich

7-8:
Okongwu (6’9 forward)
AJ Griffin (6’6 G/F)

9-10 are totally up for grabs but may end up going to another PG like Aaron Holiday (who stinks) and potentially another big like Kaminaky (also stinks). Hawks have Aaron’s older bro Justin Holiday who I suspect will take all remaining mins that we want to go to Martin but could be wrong. Martin could also work his way ahead of Griffin even though Griffin was a 1st rounder.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m sure Atlanta knows what kind of character they’re getting, one of those guys who can hang on longer than people expect. Hope he works his way into the rotation.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Time to rosterbate… NBA teams usually have 9-10 man rotations in regular season.

Murray
Young
Hunter
Collins
Capela

6th man locked:
Bogdanovich

7-8:
Okongwu (6’9 forward)
AJ Griffin (6’6 G/F)

9-10 are totally up for grabs but may end up going to another PG like Aaron Holiday (who stinks) and potentially another big like Kaminaky (also stinks). Hawks have Aaron’s older bro Justin Holiday who I suspect will take all remaining mins that we want to go to Martin but could be wrong. Martin could also work his way ahead of Griffin even though Griffin was a 1st rounder.

Like for Rosterbate.

Super dope for Tyrese!

Reaction Score

Murray
Young
Hunter
Collins
Capela

6th man locked:
Bogdanovich

7-8:
Okongwu (6’9 forward)
AJ Griffin (6’6 G/F)

Wonder if the Hawks make a move for Durant - Collins/Griffin/Okongwu/Johnson and some picks could maybe get it done.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fantastic news. A real tribute to both his athletic talents and his work ethic. Several people said he’d be a guy with long NBA career and I can see it, even if I don’t think he will be a star. The league needs guys like him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom