Athlon Sports' 2015-16 College Basketball Preseason Top 25 | The Boneyard

Athlon Sports' 2015-16 College Basketball Preseason Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I almost choked when see the mention of NCAA sanctions at SMU but NOTHING at UNC
The NCAA drives me nuts
Wish there was an alternative to the NCAA

Reaction Score
It looks like they put about as much effort into those rankings as I did back in the day when I would do my homework on the bus ride to school.

Reaction Score
"The addition of Sterling Gibbs from Seton Hall among other newcomers should get the Huskies back into the NCAA Tournament."

Make the tourni? That's the bar they're setting? I can't wait to ram it up these clueless bastards' asses. This is going to be sweet.

Reaction Score
"The addition of Sterling Gibbs from Seton Hall among other newcomers should get the Huskies back into the NCAA Tournament."

Make the tourni? That's the bar they're setting? I can't wait to ram it up these clueless bastards' asses. This is going to be sweet.

To be fair, they are projecting us to easily make the tournament, this is just an example of laziness in the write up. Not every college basketball writer can be expected to put in the same amount of work as a random poster on Reddit. s/

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Chill out, bro.

Reaction Score
is isu really a consensus top 10 team? new coach... a monte morris and niang core?

Reaction Score
I almost choked when see the mention of NCAA sanctions at SMU but NOTHING at UNC
The NCAA drives me nuts
it doesn't explicitly say anything about UNC sanctions, but says it will likely be the last great team for a while...so it's at least implied

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Good lord, learn to take some optimism. We are coming off an NIT season, and this website points out that we have made some additions that should propel us back to the tourney. What's so outrageous about that? Can we play a friggin game first? Christ.

Reaction Score
I wished Athlon had us as "just outside the Top 25" but oh well no biggie.

Let's get it started.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We made the NIT last season and lost our best player, how dare the national consensus not be as high as our own board!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The NCAA drives me nuts
SMU has to contact the NCAA and indicate that the horseshoe team has a questionable player. Should delay sanctions until next season.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
it doesn't explicitly say anything about UNC sanctions, but says it will likely be the last great team for a while...so it's at least implied
Implications be danged. Nothing short of " The UNC cheats have used a technical ploy to avoid sanction this season because the NCAA sucks so this could be Williams last strong team for a while" will satisfy me.

Although I really think it should have said "The UNC cheats would have joined their Syracuse brethren in sanctions this season if they had not copied that school with manipulation of the system delaying it to their advantage.

Reaction Score
I laugh at these previews that have Cincy outside the top 25.

I agree. The wild card may be Cobb who appears to be really grinding hard this offseason. If you are looking for some additional back court depth I think Justin Jenifer is under the radar. He may never be a pro but could be an exceptional college player that can contribute right away next year in the shooting department amongst other things. The BearCats are clearly getting no respect nationally. I love UConn and the BearCats chances for big things.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...basketball-feature-20150119-story.html#page=1

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I agree. The wild card may be Cobb who appears to be really grinding hard this offseason. If you are looking for some additional back court depth I think Justin Jenifer is under the radar. He may never be a pro but could be an exceptional college player that can contribute right away next year in the shooting department amongst other things. The BearCats are clearly getting no respect nationally. I love UConn and the BearCats chances for big things.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...basketball-feature-20150119-story.html#page=1
I think Tulsa will have a better OOC performance this season and the AAC will have a much stronger RPI this season versus last.

Reaction Score
is isu really a consensus top 10 team? new coach... a monte morris and niang core?
A case can be made IF their transfers gel with the ISU "Big3". Morris, Niang & JM really is a great core. I have ISU @ Cincinnati as a can't miss game this year. Hopefully the BearCats can take care of business for the AAC is that matchup. Should be a GREAT game of contrasting styles. What are your thoughts?

Reaction Score
I think Tulsa will have a better OOC performance this season and the AAC will have a much stronger RPI this season versus last.

Tusla and Florida State may meet early in the Paradise Jam if they advance. That game will be a great game.

Reaction Score

Do you realize they have us at 18th?

I feel bad for people who go through life upset about every single thing, gotta be draining.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Do you realize they have us at 18th?

I feel bad for people who go through life upset about every single thing, gotta be draining.
I agree so I'm refraining from commenting on this.:cool:

Reaction Score
Northwestern travels to Kansas City to play UNC on November 23rd. Upset alert....should be a very close game that could go either way with NW coming off a nice summer trip to Spain setting them up for the potential early season shocker. I think NW makes their first NCAA Tournament in the history of the program. What better way to start with.... a huge early season shocker! Ok I can't stand UNC but still...

I think NEPSAC Class AAA POY Freshman Aaron Falzon helps shoot the Wildcats into the tourney.

Do you guys think there is a chance NW pulls the shocker early???? Hmmmmmmmm would be nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky