Athletic takes down Cuse | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Athletic takes down Cuse

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
IMHO, it will be difficult for the parents to NOT look into reopening the recruiting for their daughters who have committed verbally.

Should Q not resign under pressure from the 'Cuse Administration, even those with signed letters of intent that have not enrolled in Summer school may have options as well.

Questions:
1) Have all 11 Syracuse womens basketball players who entered the transfer portal been picked up by other Universities?

2) How many are left (assuming signed commitments are honored - may NOT be a good assumption...)?
The number is actually 12 not 11.
(1)Emily Engstler (2)Kiara Lewis, (3) Digna Strautmane, (4)Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi, (5)Amaya Finklea-Guity, (6) Taleah Washington, (7)Lauren Fitzmaurice, (8) Kiara Fisher, (9) Faith Blackstone, (10). Khamya McNeal (11) Maud Huijbens (12) Kamilla Cardoso. At least five of the Orange's latest transfers will stay within the conference. Kiara Lewis to Clemson Tigers. Digna Strautmane will head to Georgia Tech. Emily Engstler, Amaya Finklea-Guity, and Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi are taking their talents to Louisville, Duke, and Miami, respectively. Cardoso of course landed at South Carolina. Taleah Washington is transferring to Old Dominion. Kiara Fisher transfed to Marist College.
As of June 4th Lauren Fitzmaurice is the only former Syracuse player remaining in the transfer portal who hasn’t announced a decision.

You also bring up an interesting point regarding the remaining players decision-That decision must be made today because all transfer decision for all sports must be made by July 1st .

Reaction Score
I'll reserve judgement until after an independent investigation.
Why do you feel this was not an independent investigation? This is a highly credible news source.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect when the investigation report (there will be a report right?) issues Q Ball keeps his job and is made to take sensitivity training.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That person is me and I am not smearing anyone. Apparently you haven't been a fan long enough to recognize the difference between 1990 Geno and 2021 Geno. All I'm saying is that Auriemma would not survive in today's climate. Read his friggen' book.
Lol, I doubt you've been aware of Geno longer than I have. No, what you said is Geno has had equivalent behavior (e.g. inappropriate kissing, grabbing players' "pelvic areas") at UConn that Quinton is accused of Syracuse. I will say now that you are a willfully being inaccurate (or in the vernacular... are a liar) as that has not happened. If you believe to the contrary, post the supposed events.

CL82

Reaction Score
Why do you feel this was not an independent investigation? This is a highly credible news source.
They are reporting the allegations, not investigating them. I'm sure that they've verified the allegations, not the actual occurrence.

CL82

Reaction Score
The punch/poke thing was substantiated. From Auriemma's book -

I look over at Kris Lamb and she is sitting with her elbows on her knees, and she has her head down. She’s playing awful, just like everyone else, but it just totally ticks me off that her head is down like that. I go over to her, and I whack her arm off her knees and I tell her, “You look me in the eye when I’m talking to you. Do you understand?” She’s a little startled, but mostly she’s ticked off, so she stares at me with complete disdain, and I rant a little more, and then we go out and win the game by 23 points. That’s in December. By February, our team is really splintered. We manage to win games, but there are two distinct groups: the kids CD and I have brought in, which includes Kris, Kerry, Laura, and Heidi Robbins, and the other nine kids we inherit. Those nine kids, for the most part, aren’t playing as much as they think they should, feel like they are second-class citizens, and want things, I guess, to go back to the way they used to be. It is a very difficult year for everyone.

My point in all this is that Auriemma of 30 years ago would not survive in today's climate where molehills become mountains in the media. Fortunately, he was smart enough to change with the times.
So that, in your mind is equivalent to kissing players and placing hands on their "pelvic areas"? Because it sure it isn't to me.

We know that Geno can "survive" in today's world because he does everyday. We don't have to imagine what 37 year old Geno would do, and frankly that imagination is entirely irrelevant to discussion of what Quinton is accused of doing in 2021.

Reaction Score
Yeah if you read the Tennessee boards at the height of the rivalry there were many unsubstantiated allegations. That wasn't one of them.
I’m curious. Do you have transcripts of every post on the Tenn boards for the last 26 years? How could you possibly make this categorical statement? Not saying you are right or wrong, just puzzled as to how you could possibly be so definite?

Reaction Score
Because in my opinion independence doesn't necessarily mean credible. What they reported may be factual, but two things jump out to me. There's no rebuttal nor context so I reserve the right to call it credible. They could have reported I killed someone, but if they don't report that they broke into my home, then while factual...it would be wrong to tag me as some cold blooded murderer, no? I don't know what happened and under what circumstances and I don't feel as if I ever will until I hear the whole story.

Reaction Score
The number is actually 12 not 11.
(1)Emily Engstler (2)Kiara Lewis, (3) Digna Strautmane, (4)Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi, (5)Amaya Finklea-Guity, (6) Taleah Washington, (7)Lauren Fitzmaurice, (8) Kiara Fisher, (9) Faith Blackstone, (10). Khamya McNeal (11) Maud Huijbens (12) Kamilla Cardoso. At least five of the Orange's latest transfers will stay within the conference. Kiara Lewis to Clemson Tigers. Digna Strautmane will head to Georgia Tech. Emily Engstler, Amaya Finklea-Guity, and Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi are taking their talents to Louisville, Duke, and Miami, respectively. Cardoso of course landed at South Carolina. Taleah Washington is transferring to Old Dominion. Kiara Fisher transfed to Marist College.
As of June 4th Lauren Fitzmaurice is the only former Syracuse player remaining in the transfer portal who hasn’t announced a decision.

You also bring up an interesting point regarding the remaining players decision-That decision must be made today because all transfer decision for all sports must be made by July 1st .

I maybe wrong, but I thought they had until July 1 to transfer without sitting out a year.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’m curious. Do you have transcripts of every post on the Tenn boards for the last 26 years? How could you possibly make this categorical statement? Not saying you are right or wrong, just puzzled as to how you could possibly be so definite?
Yep, post your email address and I’ll send them to you

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They could have reported I killed someone, but if they don't report that they broke into my home, then while factual...it would be wrong to tag me as some cold blooded murderer, no?
That's a huge stretch. But to make your rebuttal more apples to apples, I'm thinking after you killed your 12th person it wouldn't be wrong to tag you as a some cold blooded murderer.

Reaction Score
That's a huge stretch. But to make your rebuttal more apples to apples, I'm thinking after you killed your 12th person it wouldn't be wrong to tag you as a some cold blooded murderer.
Numbers mean nothing without context and facts, absolutely nothing.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Another excerpt from "In Pursuit of Perfection". Again as a point of clarification for the posters that have comprehension issues - I'm simply pointing out that Auriemma would probably not survive given the current climate if he behaved as he did 30 years ago.

"CD, who makes a living out of being able to communicate with players, is so bothered by this group. She just can’t reach them. She sits in the bleachers with tears in her eyes. She says more than once that season, “If this is how it’s going to be, I’m getting out of coaching.” What she doesn’t realize is that’s what these kids want. They want to get us fired. At the end of the season, a group of them go to our athletic director, Todd Turner, and complain about how we run the program. They tell Turner we are physically abusive with our players, and bring up the incident with Kris Lamb back in December in Hartford. I am stunned."

Fortunately, the allegations from the players were dismissed by Turner. I'm not so sure that they would be dismissed so readily today. I think 7 or 8 players left the team that year. Only 2 by graduating.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Another excerpt from "In Pursuit of Perfection". Again as a point of clarification for the posters that have comprehension issues - I'm simply pointing out that Auriemma would probably not survive given the current climate if he behaved as he did 30 years ago.

"CD, who makes a living out of being able to communicate with players, is so bothered by this group. She just can’t reach them. She sits in the bleachers with tears in her eyes. She says more than once that season, “If this is how it’s going to be, I’m getting out of coaching.” What she doesn’t realize is that’s what these kids want. They want to get us fired. At the end of the season, a group of them go to our athletic director, Todd Turner, and complain about how we run the program. They tell Turner we are physically abusive with our players, and bring up the incident with Kris Lamb back in December in Hartford. I am stunned."

Fortunately, the allegations from the players were dismissed by Turner. I'm not so sure that they would be dismissed so readily today. I think 7 or 8 players left the team that year. Only 2 by graduating.
Why even spend so much time going down that path?? Good grief. It was 30 years ago. I would say probably 99% of the population who is over 55 or 60 probably wouldn't "survive" today if did the same things as they did 30 years ago. Frankly, I had no idea. And could have easily gone the rest of my life with out that info.

Bringing it up and continuously discussing Geno in light of what happened 30 years ago to try to prove you are right is just pointless. It's the type of thing I'd expect out of the Tin Foil Orange Brigade, not out of a UCONN fan. Head bang

CL82

Reaction Score
Why even spend so much time going down that path?? Good grief. It was 30 years ago. I would say probably 99% of the population who is over 55 or 60 probably wouldn't "survive" today if did the same things as they did 30 years ago. Frankly, I had no idea. And could have easily gone the rest of my life with out that info.

Bringing it up and continuously discussing Geno in light of what happened 30 years ago to try to prove you are right is just pointless. It's the type of thing I'd expect out of the Tin Foil Orange Brigade, not out of a UCONN fan. Head bang
Yep he seems oddly invested in it.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking if you don't have proof or context, then 12 may as well be none. Is that a stretch too? My point...wait and get all the facts from ALL PARTIES.

Reaction Score
I'm simply pointing out that Auriemma would probably not survive given the current climate if he behaved as he did 30 years ago.
Well good thing is he adapted and clearly grew as a person, as we all should. If you read a little further past your excerpt Geno states, “I learn from that, I can understand where those kids are coming from. I don’t think I’ve ever done anything like that (hit a player on the arm and said what are you doing) again because I understand now how that can be misconstrued.
If there is a chance of an action being inappropriate just don’t do it!!!! Plain and simple.

Geno is really besides the point, he clearly has great relationships with his players and doesn’t, if ever, crosses boundaries. The time others felt he did, he learned.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm thinking if you don't have proof or context, then 12 may as well be none. Is that a stretch too? My point...wait and get all the facts from ALL PARTIES.
And keep waiting until it goes away? If you can't find context in 12 people leaving, that's your problem.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
In all the discussion of inappropriate and who did what…I forgot the Most physically inappropriate thing I have seen Geno do to a women was slap Kim Mulkey on the butt in front of a National Television Audience before a Baylor game…

That left me speechless

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In all the discussion of inappropriate and who did what…I forgot the Most physically inappropriate thing I have seen Geno do to a women was slap Kim Mulkey on the butt in front of a National Television Audience before a Baylor game…

That left me speechless
Good deletion

Reaction Score
I'd be more than happy to see Q go, either volunatrily or forced. As I've said many times he's a great recruiter but horrible bench coach. Now with these allegations hanging over him he will not be a great recruiter anymore. SU needs to move on with someone else in charge of the program.

Reaction Score
And keep waiting until it goes away? If you can't find context in 12 people leaving, that's your problem.
Do you know WHY they left? OR are you guessing...and so what if someone gets fired?

Reaction Score
I maybe wrong, but I thought they had until July 1 to transfer without sitting out a year.

They have to notify the school from which they are transferring by July 1st. There is no deadline for making their transfer decision, however, except it must be in time for them to enroll as a student.

Reaction Score
Just in Women's basketball alone.
Holy Cross Bill Gibbons was sued, investigated and exonerated in 2013.
Hillsman himself was investigated and exonerated in 2011.
Illinois Coach Matt Bollant was investigated in 2014 and exonerated.
Sylvia Hatchell was investigated for racist remarks in 2019 and was allowed to step down vs being fired.
Joanne P. McCaulie Duke was investigated by HR and exonerated (slight slap on the hand) in 2016
SMU Coach Travis Mays was investigated in 2018 and presumably exonerated because he stayed on the job until 2021.
Connie Yori of Nebraska was investigated in 2016 and allowed to resign.

Add Memphis in 2019-2020 where McFerrin was allowed to continue only to "retire" after a game during the season.

I also remember Northern Kentucky (2019??) having an issue where players even went to the press to tell their story after an investigation supported the coach. This sticks out especially as there was a parent from a Canadian girl who posted a very emotional account on FB that went through circles of parents I know in ON.

I also noted Purdue-Fort Wayne where the coach resigned earlier this year after many reported issues and a lawyer took on the matter on their behalf.

For a person to say they couldn't recall any programs having an issue was a little surprising. I'm sure we've missed a ton more but there are so many examples unfortunately that can be easily referenced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom