Athletic Master Plan Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Athletic Master Plan Update

Reaction Score
Long overdue. My question is to anybody who may know, the article in the Courant states $46M for 3 stadiums, baseball, softball and soccer. $25M of which was donated and the remaining from ticket surcharges. They will start charging $2/ ticket surcharge for hockey tickets. How long before the hockey arena is started, and what happens if an arena isn't built? Are the surcharges earmarked for their specific sport/facility or is it lumped into a general stadia account. My concern is being charged a surcharge and never seeing an arena.

I near positive from all I've read that the surcharges go to all facility improvements (non-sport specific)... For example there is a $5.00 per ticket charge for football but no planned new football stadium. Same with Men's/Women's basketball ticket surcharges.

Reaction Score
Is UConn trying to see if the HE will kick them out? I know we average some of the highest attendance in the conference but why are they dragging their feet on this project? They have a deadline and if they aren't moved on campus by then hockey may get the boot no matter how many tickets they sell in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Is UConn trying to see if the HE will kick them out? I know we average some of the highest attendance in the conference but why are they dragging their feet on this project? They have a deadline and if they aren't moved on campus by then hockey may get the boot no matter how many tickets they sell in Hartford.
UConn won't get kicked out of the league anytime soon. That said I do know there's a lot of teams who aren't happy about the odd scheduling of games in Hartford necessitated by UConn being below other events on the scheduling totem pole at XL. The flip side is the other HE programs would be happy to let UConn continue to shoot itself in the foot from a recruiting perspective by staying in XL long term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom