Athletic District Development | The Boneyard

Athletic District Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A request for Statement of Qualifications has been posted by the University for development of the Athletic District. Development to start Spring of 2018 with a budget up to $90,000,000.00.

supporting facilities are in poor condition compared to other flagship universities in the American Athletic Conference and elsewhere,

http://media.procurement.uconn.edu/cpca/BID DOCUMENTS/080216AA/RFQ-080216AA-University-Athletic-District-Development.pdf

Hire the Yard Goats developer.

Reaction Score
New baseball, softball, and soccer stadiums, expansions to the hockey rink and Shenkman Center, and road work around the whole complex.
I wonder if they will be moving the practice field down from the top of the hill and put it along side of Burton/Schenkman in this project. Either way this is GREAT news!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The timing is very interesting. Could this be B1G news resulted to CR?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
A request for Statement of Qualifications has been posted by the University for development of the Athletic District. Development to start Spring of 2018 with a budget up to $90,000,000.00.

supporting facilities are in poor condition compared to other flagship universities in the American Athletic Conference and elsewhere,

http://media.procurement.uconn.edu/cpca/BID DOCUMENTS/080216AA/RFQ-080216AA-University-Athletic-District-Development.pdf

This is smoke. Hiring additional, highly qualified AD staff is smoke. Hiring the same consultants that guided Rutgers and Maryland to a new conference is smoke. Where is the GD fire?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was on campus yesterday. I noticed that there isn't a single item of merchandise in the bookstore with the AAC logo. I recall the BE logo finding its way onto some of that kind of stuff in the past.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
New baseball, softball, and soccer stadiums, expansions to the hockey rink and Shenkman Center, and road work around the whole complex.
So does the Freitas expansion mean that we aren't building a new hockey barn?

Reaction Score
So does the Freitas expansion mean that we aren't building a new hockey barn?
yes and no...but that will be the on-campus home for hockey that has the capacity (minimum 4500 seats) required by Hockey East. Until the plans come out it will be hard to figure out what it really means.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is smoke. Hiring additional, highly qualified AD staff is smoke. Hiring the same consultants that guided Rutgers and Maryland to a new conference is smoke. Where is the GD fire?

Agree. There's a ton of smoke. Additional acreage for parking lots around the Rent. Baseball, soccer, hockey, softball facility upgrades. An expansion on the Shenkman football center.

These are power conference moves.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Announcement is coming fellas, they were handing out free coupons at the car wash today for the "Managers" special.. My WF guy has said he's happy for Husky Nation!

I dont know you personally, but gd it all, if youre right, im gonna give you the biggest backwards hug ever.

Reaction Score
Announcement is coming fellas, they were handing out free coupons at the car wash today for the "Managers" special.. My WF guy has said he's happy for Husky Nation!

I just really hope you're not screwing with us. I don't know why I ever got myself into the whole following conference realignment thing in the first place.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't think he's messing with us. But just keep in mind he's sharing info from what he hears from a dude who works at a North Carolina car wash. I think we have all learned how to separate the platinum/key/non-key sources by now.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's messing with us. But just keep in mind he's sharing info from what he hears from a dude who works at a North Carolina car wash. I think we have all learned how to separate the platinum/key/non-key sources by now.

but... the Car Wash is ESPN... it's not an actual car wash

Reaction Score
I just really hope you're not screwing with us. I don't know why I ever got myself into the whole following conference realignment thing in the first place.

Its addicting. I have no good reason to be checking this board on a daily basis, yet I find myself wondering if today is the day UCONN gets the call. I truly feel for all of you guys going through this s***. I hope that more rational voices are heard, and The Big 12 tabs you all for membership. Its sad that sports are not a true meritocracy where you get what you earn. I can think of more than a few teams who should have been behind you guys for either The Big or ACC. Whatever happens keep supporting your teams. As disheartening as it might be should the worst happen, the kids on your teams deserve the support.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
But Memphis just put fancy lighting on their stadium.

That just draws more attention to what a horrific dump that entire place is. I've been in the pressbox on a few occasions and it's one of the worst stadiums in the country. The only improvement that would make any sense is a wrecking ball. It's a lot like Legion Field in Birmingham, where they had to condemn the upper decks and tear them down. They were no longer structurally sound enough to carry the weight bearing load.

Reaction Score
That just draws more attention to what a horrific dump that entire place is. I've been in the pressbox on a few occasions and it's one of the worst stadiums in the country. The only improvement that would make any sense is a wrecking ball. It's a lot like Legion Field in Birmingham, where they had to condemn the upper decks and tear them down. They were no longer structurally sound enough to carry the weight bearing load.
Is this because of the increasing weight of Americans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom