At Xavier ticket remorse | The Boneyard

At Xavier ticket remorse

Reaction Score
I recently bought 2 tickets on the floor for Xavier for a small fortune and am gonna take my 11 year old kid. I'm starting to regret this move, as I feel this is gonna be like walking onto a buzzsaw. We've been going to cinnci games for years, but fans were mostly friendly, despite me adorned in uconn gear. Something tells me xavier is a different beast. Anyone have experience or tips for this first time trip?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I recently bought 2 tickets on the floor for Xavier for a small fortune and am gonna take my 11 year old kid. I'm starting to regret this move, as I feel this is gonna be like walking onto a buzzsaw. We've been going to cinnci games for years, but fans were mostly friendly, despite me adorned in uconn gear. Something tells me xavier is a different beast. Anyone have experience or tips for this first time trip?
Why would you expect Xavier fans to be less respectful that Cincinnati fans? I would hope the Jesuits taught them better than that.

Reaction Score
I recently bought 2 tickets on the floor for Xavier for a small fortune and am gonna take my 11 year old kid. I'm starting to regret this move, as I feel this is gonna be like walking onto a buzzsaw. We've been going to cinnci games for years, but fans were mostly friendly, despite me adorned in uconn gear. Something tells me xavier is a different beast. Anyone have experience or tips for this first time trip

Reaction Score
Anyone who puts chili on spaghetti should be arrested. You’ll probably get some , who cares give it back. Any fan that really gives you an issue when you’re with an 11 year old is scum.
Agree. Pond scum. Only place I had that happen was, you guessed it BC. Going to a football game there and a BCgenious tossed a cup of beer at my 10 year old daughter for wearing UConn gear. Of course he was plastered and she had great reflexes, so he missed her but got my buddy, a BC alum right in the face.

Reaction Score
Agree. Pond scum. Only place I had that happen was, you guessed it BC. Going to a football game there and a BCgenious tossed a cup of beer at my 10 year old daughter for wearing UConn gear. Of course he was plastered and she had great reflexes, so he missed her but got my buddy, a BC alum right in the face.
Reaction Score
Anyone who puts chili on spaghetti should be arrested. You’ll probably get some , who cares give it back. Any fan that really gives you an issue when you’re with an 11 year old is scum.
To be clear, I’ve seen UConn fans do it to visitors at the Rent during Edsall 1. Beer does that to people

Reaction Score
I have been travelling to away Giants games for 11 straight years and UConn basketball games for even longer. Never had a single issue anywhere I have went. Not one. Never been to Xavier, but did go to OSU game, and they were fine. Not sure why anyone would be scared of Xavier fans, probably lowest on my list.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding, a buzzsaw? We’ll have a decent chance in that game, as we will the rest of this season (health depending). Have a blast!

Reaction Score
I have been travelling to away Giants games for 11 straight years and UConn basketball games for even longer. Never had a single issue anywhere I have went. Not one. Never been to Xavier, but did go to OSU game, and they were fine. Not sure why anyone would be scared of Xavier fans, probably lowest on my list.
What about at Philly?

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
My only regret would be that I think we're going to get beat

Reaction Score
Things like this are the only thing as an adult I’m still willing to fist fight in public about

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
X fans at charleston were ridiculous. Fight almost broke out in our section police came etc. i saw all this to say, you’ll be fine you are sitting in the adult seats.

Reaction Score
also, i'd hardly call that "chili" real chili... kinda looks more like someone let chili sit out in the sun for too long.

Reaction Score
What about at Philly?
Never been to an Eagles (probably never will) or Nova (definitely will) game but have been to a Temple game. Fans were fine. Only places that I would say were ever even close to an issue and that’s a stretch was Lville for basketball and San Diego for football.

Reaction Score
UConn beat them last season at Xavier..that was without Bouk, hope it’ll be a repeat performance. I’ll be at Hinkle when they play Butler

Reaction Score
You'll have a great time. I made a couple trips to the Dome back in the day. I worked in the live events/ticketing industry so I had really good seats and they sent the security over to check my tickets. I just named dropped the ticketing director and it was cleared up quickly. That was that Rudy Gay, Hilton Armstrong team that beat the living crap out of Syracuse on a Monday night doubleheader. So much fun. Gotta do all the road games you can. I did USF and Tulane football too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom