At what point does Benedict and/or Ollie have to address the departures? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

At what point does Benedict and/or Ollie have to address the departures?

Reaction Score
Mau doesn't want me to post on the subject unless I post the way he wants me to - so I can't post under those conditions.

Hey you can post anything you want any time you want go start any drama here Chief. But a guy like you with all your pull should be a little more detailed in the replies when saying KO lost his players confidence. I mean if you're that sure let's get examples because if it's true I know you have them???

Reaction Score
Oh by the way, Ollie has been stripped of almost all excuses for next season. He's really on a one-year contract with the AD.

Happens a lot in the work place. You think the company is helping you improve the team and organization, and they are. They're also taking away all of your excuses when your team underperforms again.

Don't think your top assistant is producing? Show him the curb and bring in a known big time talent.
Malcontents in the locker room? Let 'em go.
Recruits waffling on commitment? Release them.

Ollie should have a healthy roster where anyone on scholarship can earn 20+ mpg by performing and listening.
Agree with most of this, although I feel like the Chillious hire might have bought him 2 years. Obviously I have no idea, but all these moves seem to indicate a retooling but not full rebuild of the roster. Whether that was kick-started by a new vision from KO/Chillious or kids leaving and focing a change I don't know

I'd think you give KO/Chillious a full recruiting cycle in the 2018 class and evaluate after that season. At that point either KO has failed/succeeded with the big boost in recruiting talent, or they haven't been able to bring in a big recruiting class which would signal larger problems and signal the need for a change

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd think you give KO/Chillious a full recruiting cycle in the 2018 class and evaluate after that season. At that point either KO has failed/succeeded with the big boost in recruiting talent, or they haven't been able to bring in a big recruiting class which would signal larger problems and signal the need for a change

Not quite, imo. You don't get more time on the clock just because you scapegoated a guy. I agree with the 5 year rule, a title gives you 5 more years. If the next two are like the last three, a change will come.

Reaction Score
We have had 2 kids depart, one that was not very good and another that was apparently not a team player.

Reaction Score
Not quite, imo. You don't get more time on the clock just because you scapegoated a guy. I agree with the 5 year rule, a title gives you 5 more years. If the next two are like the last three, a change will come.
That's a fair point. At the same time I don't think you can just just make small changes every year. At some point you have to create stability, whether that's getting rid of everyone or giving everyone a little extra leeway.

I lean towards giving someone extra time to prove themselves, but I certainly don't think that's the definitively correct way. I'd give Ollie 2 years to prove himself, though there's a case for letting him go if next year is a disaster

C

Chief00

Hey you can post anything you want any time you want go start any drama here Chief. But a guy like you with all your pull should be a little more detailed in the replies when saying KO lost his players confidence. I mean if you're that sure let's get examples because if it's true I know you have them???

I did post a little from a business perspective in another thread.
I hear things but I am not usually there when things happen and there's usually two sides and I hear one. You expect some internal team disputes and best to keep in house unless they are totally out of control. I like KO as most people in my generation do, who know him but from looking at it from the outside it's pretty apparent two way communication could be improved. Too many things festered this season. He is the leader so he needs to do better at that. This take it or leave it approach I don't need to criticize because the evidence on how that worked is there for all to see. I also see a lack of structure off the court on how things are run - things that are happening now that shouldn't be.

Having said that criticism, KO had the balls to pull the trigger on two personnel matters. I applaud him for his decisiveness - but he really needs a business person in his staff to organize things and immediately follow his conversation with Miller up with the do's/don't papers.

C

Chief00

Just find a few shooters.
Agree and some real Big men. Look what SC did to the UConn Women with a PG no one could keep in front of them and a true Big Girl that wore our athletes down

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom