At what point does Benedict and/or Ollie have to address the departures? | The Boneyard

At what point does Benedict and/or Ollie have to address the departures?

Reaction Score
Everyone is speculating about why the departures have happened. Does it make sense for the coach or the AD to publicly address it, or does it further highlight the issue unnecessarily? Not sure what makes sense.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't know if they can say much without looking bad. Usually it's just wishing someone well, I don't think they can get into the reasons a player gives for wanting to go.

Reaction Score
Just thinking the same thing. Anyone know AD David Benedict email address or how we can get a hold of him?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think its an unwritten rule for coaches to not discuss transfers.

Reaction Score
Everyone is speculating about why the departures have happened. Does it make sense for the coach or the AD to publicly address it, or does it further highlight the issue unnecessarily? Not sure what makes sense.

Ash Chief.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We are not owed anything. I withdrew my acceptance to Umaine when I got into UConn and no press conferences were held

Reaction Score
We are not owed anything. I withdrew my acceptance to Umaine when I got into UConn and no press conferences were held
I would have expected that you would have let everyone know that you are taking your talents to Storrs.:)

Reaction Score
Selfishly we all (myself included) want to know what's going on and why players are leaving. But there's no good that can come of that. Anything you say will either make the kid look bad or make UConn look bad, and that accomplishes nothing. Keep quiet, get to work, and when they start bringing in quality kids that fit this new plan and getting them to commit nobody remembers all the transfers

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh by the way, Ollie has been stripped of almost all excuses for next season. He's really on a one-year contract with the AD.

Happens a lot in the work place. You think the company is helping you improve the team and organization, and they are. They're also taking away all of your excuses when your team underperforms again.

Don't think your top assistant is producing? Show him the curb and bring in a known big time talent.
Malcontents in the locker room? Let 'em go.
Recruits waffling on commitment? Release them.

Ollie should have a healthy roster where anyone on scholarship can earn 20+ mpg by performing and listening.

Reaction Score
Oh by the way, Ollie has been stripped of almost all excuses for next season. He's really on a one-year contract with the AD.

Happens a lot in the work place. You think the company is helping you improve the team and organization, and they are. They're also taking away all of your excuses when your team underperforms again.

Don't think your top assistant is producing? Show him the curb and bring in a known big time talent.
Malcontents in the locker room? Let 'em go.
Recruits waffling on commitment? Release them.

Ollie should have a healthy roster where anyone on scholarship can earn 20+ mpg by performing and listening.

Good post Chin agree essentially with all. But I mean how could the kids leaving be "malcontents"? Don't you know it's because we suck now they left it can't possibly be them, I mean hey they were 4*'s...LOL And MAL, no way he saw the Vital would be a nuisance to him for PT and he'd be the 4th guard, it had to be because we sucked not any other reason.:oops:

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Mau doesn't want me to post on the subject unless I post the way he wants me to - so I can't post under those conditions.
Chief Something , Anything

Reaction Score

Today

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom