HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LOL. :D

C58888EF-0507-4942-93B0-E75FB4C671B0.jpeg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who cares when the last one was 8 years ago ?
This comment makes little sense, but I'm going to answer it in a respectful way, in spite of what I'd rather say.

I would say 99% of UConn fans care. If you look at my signature line, I'm super proud of the 11 NC's from the women and the 5 from the men.

On the men's side it goes like this:
  • UCLA — 11
  • Kentucky — 8
  • North Carolina — 6
  • Duke — 5
  • Indiana — 5
  • UConn — 5
  • Kansas — 4
On the women's side it goes like this:
  • UCONN - 11
  • Tennessee - 8
  • Stanford - 3
  • Baylor - 3
So bottom line, even if UConn NEVER wins another NC on the women's side, it will still go down as the greatest WCBB program in history. Even 50 years from now, it's doubtful that we will see anyone with more NC's than UConn on the women's side. 11 and 5 are incredibly amazing.

Reaction Score
Me. I remember all 11 like they were yesterday and have come to appreciate them more now that they are no longer an annual routine.
The Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins (my other winter sports teams besides UConn men and women) are two of the most storied programs in their respective sports. The Celtics have won one title in the last 38 years. The Bruins have won one Stanley Cup in the last 52 years.
So as a sports fan how can one be salty over an 8 year drought when the program has delivered 11 titles in the last 29 years? Sure we'd all love more in our lifetimes but feel the program and the sports gods have been more than kind to us as far as this team is concerned and owe us nothing more in terms of sports fan glory.

Reaction Score
This comment makes little sense, but I'm going to answer it in a respectful way, in spite of what I'd rather say.

I would say 99% of UConn fans care. If you look at my signature line, I'm super proud of the 11 NC's from the women and the 5 from the men.

On the men's side it goes like this:
  • UCLA — 11
  • Kentucky — 8
  • North Carolina — 6
  • Duke — 5
  • Indiana — 5
  • UConn — 5
  • Kansas — 4
On the women's side it goes like this:
  • UCONN - 11
  • Tennessee - 8
  • Stanford - 3
  • Baylor - 3
So bottom line, even if UConn NEVER wins another NC on the women's side, it will still go down as the greatest WCBB program in history. Even 50 years from now, it's doubtful that we will see anyone with more NC's than UConn on the women's side. 11 and 5 are incredibly amazing.
I care, we(Uconn) had a lot of injuries but what counts is the present, it doen't seem like UCOnN is way to 12, that can't expect a 30 wins season which is a goal in itself

Reaction Score
I care, we(Uconn) had a lot of injuries but what counts is the present, it doen't seem like UCOnN is way to 12, that can't expect a 30 wins season which is a goal in itself
Bad english speaking and drunk

Reaction Score
I started following UCONN WBB in 2017-2018. Never saw them win a NC ( except old YouTube), but I found myself intrigued by the way teenagers from all places & backgrounds, with the coaching & encouragement of Geno & CD, joined a sisterhood of young women.
They all left different & mostly better people and don’t seem to lose touch with the program.
Every season since then I eagerly anticipate the POSSIBILITY of seeing

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And how many other top WBB teams have won a NC in the last 8 years? 5 or 6. How many have made 6 Final Fours? Zero? How many have won back to back NCs? Zero. And we could go on and on...

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
UConn has a very impressive amount of fan support.
But social media following is only one measurement of popularity of which there are others including merchandise sales, game attendence & TV ratings.
I wish there were more ways to measure fan excitment.
Watching a good game during March Madness can generate enthusiasm that isn't easy to quantify because it isn't reflected in any stats.
Caitlin Clark really seems to get WBB fans excited.
Win or lose she's currently a phenomenon & has put Iowa on the map.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

sun

Reaction Score
there have seen several sellouts or near sellouts at home this season. I took a screen shot of the attendance numbers but can’t seem to post them. Here’s a link to them though

Last season Iowa had the 2nd highest average attendence in the nation.
And Iowa led the nation in the number of games played with attendence over 13,000.
And they set somewhat of a record for that outdoor exhibition game for charity too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And Iowa led the nation in the number of games played with attendence over 13,000.
And they set somewhat of a record for that outdoor exhibition game for charity too.

I’m not sure what that has to do with UConn fans’ engagement

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Willing to bet once Clark leaves Iowa, their numbers will go back down.

Reaction Score
Willing to bet once Clark leaves Iowa, their numbers will go back down.
They absolutely will. Just like Oregon, as noted above.

In regards to “who cares” since UConn’s last NC was 8 years ago … I care. I care about every single incredible record UConn’s ever set.

111 wins in a row. 11 national titles. 3 titles in a row and 4 titles in a row. Undefeated in the AAC in all 7 years. 30 years of never losing back to back games. 14 straight FFs. Being so good that people called the sport “boring” for over a decade since they won THAT MUCH and by SO MUCH. Paige being the first freshman to get NPOY. Stewie winning FF MVP 4 years in a row. Lobo and DT and Maya and all the countless talented UConn players who built the program to incredible heights and continued the legacy far beyond just college basketball.

And that’s just SOME of their accomplishments.

It’s not living in the past to appreciate all of the accomplishments that UConn WBB has had. Just like I would never fault TN for appreciating their titles and all that Pat did for the sport.

Just because they haven’t won a title recently doesn’t diminish all they have done. Those 11 titles are not nothing. They’re the legacy of the program.

Reaction Score
UConn has a very impressive amount of fan support.
But social media following is only one measurement of popularity of which there are others including merchandise sales, game attendence & TV ratings.
I wish there were more ways to measure fan excitment.
Watching a good game during March Madness can generate enthusiasm that isn't easy to quantify because it isn't reflected in any stats.
Caitlin Clark really seems to get WBB fans excited.
Win or lose she's currently a phenomenon & has put Iowa on the map.
And it doesn't even count all those fans lurking and posting on the Boneyard! :)

Reaction Score
Instant gratification for some people. For people who know the history of women’s basketball UConn’s accomplishments are something that will never be repeated. The ‘what have you done for me lately’ crowd cannot appreciate the accomplishments. That’s unfortunate for them. There were many pioneers in the game before Geno and UConn came along and it’s also unfortunate that the ‘fan’ of women’s basketball now is clueless.

Reaction Score
When it comes to losses, the REAL Uconn Huskies are not the losers. The Real Uconn team is Paige,Aaliyah, Caroline, Azzi and Nika with Aubrey, Ashlynn and KK off the bench, Who on the Bone Yard believes that Uconn , without all the devastating injuries , would not have won No 12 in the last 3 years. Because of Geno and Chris, Uconn still wins 30 games a year. Post another team that could do it if they had the same injuries. I don't believe another team could! Uconn stands alone as the greatest college basketball program EVER. Tennessee the second best. Geno and Uconn have set numerous records that will never be broken and even come close to breaking. The poster that posted "who cares" is not a Huskie fan or he would never have posted "who cares". GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I know this a swerve but I got a chuckle out of it when I heard/saw it.
During my viewing of a couple recent Louisville games, the announcers were discussing/displaying Walz's postseason success. Apparently this includes 5 straight Elite Eight appearances, which is good but, compared to Geno, well...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom