At Large Dream Officially Dead: We’re onto ‘20-‘21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

At Large Dream Officially Dead: We’re onto ‘20-‘21

Reaction Score
We went on the road to a top 15 team and should’ve prevailed. We can compete and beat any team in the AAC that’s why
Only issue with that is they still have to play the game.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Bouk is a freshman. Same with CV when Ollie threw him to the wolves because of injuries. It's when our senior guards make stupid passes at crucial times. Pathetic. AND open or not, another team takes us to the woodshed on threes's. Been happening for years.

Reaction Score
Super John,
Really bad teams almost win games all the time. Good ones actually do win them.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
To me, this team has shown that they can beat anyone. If they play better in March like they used to, we have a punchers chance.

Reaction Score
To me, this team has shown that they can beat anyone. If they play better in March like they used to, we have a punchers chance.
I think this team needs to find out how to win on the road going forward. We have yet another tough one at Houston coming up next. I hope this team isn’t snake bitten because these losses have been demoralizing. You have to think we finally win one of these games.

Reaction Score
While improbable, we can absolutely win our conference tournament. That should be what we’re working towards right now. Keep progressing, and click/get hot at the right time. Every year there’s a team that does it. Why not us? We still have a lot to play for

Reaction Score
I think this team needs to find out how to win on the road going forward. We have yet another tough one at Houston coming up next. I hope this team isn’t snake bitten because these losses have been demoralizing. You have to think we finally win one of these games.
That’s a real fear.
Houston is a ton more physical than Nova and a match up nightmare for us . More interesting than the outcome will be our ability to maintain defensive intensity after two tough losses.
It will be a test of Hurley’s ability to keep them focused on improvement.
Just keep getting better each game.

Reaction Score
Keep killing AG while bouk and badams do nothing -he has no one around him- yes he makes dumb mistakes often but the guy has talent. He just has to turn the corner mentally. I thought he played very well today.

Reaction Score
Super John,
Really bad teams almost win games all the time. Good ones actually do win them.
not true . really bad teams might have one or two close games by now this teams had like 5 already- Indiana, Xavier, whichita st, st joes (kinda) and nova. Shud of arguably, won all of those. ESP. Xavier, Indiana and st joes and prolly Wichita st. Hell shudda beat nova too. That makes us 15-2. Lol. Kinda crazy but all those games we had

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Considering they haven’t beaten anyone, that is quite a statement.

Ten teams say hello. And if you don’t think this team can win the AAC tourney, you aren’t watching. They could lose their first game but they could also run it. They play great defense. A bucket here and there and we are 13-4.l and no one is complaining.

Reaction Score
The gravestone on the at large already has moss on it.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
There was a glimmer of hope when Polley had his best game ever and then it died when he got hurt during the week at practice. SMH. Injuries still plague us.

Reaction Score
While improbable, we can absolutely win our conference tournament. That should be what we’re working towards right now. Keep progressing, and click/get hot at the right time. Every year there’s a team that does it. Why not us? We still have a lot to play for
Why Not Us? Boston 2004.

Reaction Score
not true . really bad teams might have one or two close games by now this teams had like 5 already- Indiana, Xavier, whichita st, st joes (kinda) and nova. Shud of arguably, won all of those. ESP. Xavier, Indiana and st joes and prolly Wichita st. Hell shudda beat nova too. That makes us 15-2. Lol. Kinda crazy but all those games we had
Ok. This is a really good MAAC team. How’s that? Almost winning is not worth a bucket of spit. Add that they got run out of their own building by St Joe’s and dominated by the worst Cincinatti team in a decade and beaten up by a dreadful South Florida team. Last time I checked the rules ”shud of arguably won” counts as a loss. But maybe I missed the rules change. Take off the blue glasses and look at this team. It isn’t a pretty site in the clear light of day.

Reaction Score
Solid game, good effort as usual, but UConn falls short again. We don’t have a player capable of scoring when it matters. And obviously, without Polley we’re one of the worst shooting teams in the country.

As we look towards next year, outside of Gaffney/Bouknight developing, how can we find some shooting? This offense desperately needs players who can score.

Onto '20-'21? When did Bill Belichick start coaching not only basketball, but this team?

Reaction Score
Next year is the year. All the returning players will have another year of experience under their belt plus we bring in RJ Cole, Jackson, Springs, and Ferguson. We are a 6 seed at worst next year.

Reaction Score
Next year is the year. All the returning players will have another year of experience under their belt plus we bring in RJ Cole, Jackson, Springs, and Ferguson. We are a 6 seed at worst next year.
That’s how I feel. Maybe it’s the optimist in me. But I can just feel, see the momentum building. It’s coming

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ok. This is a really good MAAC team. How’s that? Almost winning is not worth a bucket of spit. Add that they got run out of their own building by St Joe’s and dominated by the worst Cincinatti team in a decade and beaten up by a dreadful South Florida team. Last time I checked the rules ”shud of arguably won” counts as a loss. But maybe I missed the rules change. Take off the blue glasses and look at this team. It isn’t a pretty site in the clear light of day.

I remember when we lost to Florida. That was a killer.

Reaction Score
Unless we get hot, win the conference tournament and get a bid then it’s on to next year for NCAA Tournament. That means we will finish our time in the AAC with a total of 7 NCAA Tournament wins. The next closest are Cincy and Houston with 3 each! We’ve not been good over the time in this conference but what does that make the rest of the flotsam and jetsam? Geezus

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom