At Large Dream Officially Dead: We’re onto ‘20-‘21 | The Boneyard

At Large Dream Officially Dead: We’re onto ‘20-‘21

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Solid game, good effort as usual, but UConn falls short again. We don’t have a player capable of scoring when it matters. And obviously, without Polley we’re one of the worst shooting teams in the country.

As we look towards next year, outside of Gaffney/Bouknight developing, how can we find some shooting? This offense desperately needs players who can score.

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to stop letting Gilbert iso every time the game is close. He can’t shoot and is terrible at the rim. We don’t give ourselves a chance at the end of close games. Just pass the ball and treat it like a normal possession the best you can.

They set Gilbert up for failure, he delivers every time, and then Hurley wonders why the kid gets flak from fans. It’s been happening since November, and besides the Wilson corner 3, we haven’t switched it up once. Another L

Reaction Score
All these almost games will be winners next year. We see the potential and will have depth, athletes and experience all mixed in next year. Let's just keep grinding this year and get some unexpected wins to build on.

No more St Joe's type of loses ever!!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Hurley needs to stop letting Gilbert iso every time the game is close. He can’t shoot and is terrible at the rim. We don’t give ourselves a chance at the end of close games. Just pass the ball and treat it like a normal possession the best you can.

They set Gilbert up for failure, he delivers every time, and then Hurley wonders why the kid gets flak from fans. It’s been happening since November, and besides the Wilson corner 3, we haven’t switched it up once. Another L
Agreed and it doesn’t help that the people’s champs Adams and Bouknight have been complete zeros from anywhere besides the paint since November. They get praised while Gilbert gets slammed, but defenses don’t even need to worry about them anymore. That being said, they don’t really have to worry about anyone on this team.

Reaction Score
Get the ball in Bouk's hands down the stretch. That's my bandaid solution. He is the only threat to either pull up over his defender or at the very least kick it out

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Why?

Because I have a feeling. And because I see this team is very close to being good enough to do it. They will be better by March and will clean up their mistakes. If we can play Nova this tough, I think we can handle most of the teams we will be playing coming up.

Reaction Score
Watching this Marquette GTown game now. Both teams LOOK like D1 teams. Need that bulk! Go Sal!!

Reaction Score
Get the ball in Bouk's hands down the stretch. That's my bandaid solution. He is the only threat to either pull up over his defender or at the very least kick it out
I feel like the bubble needs to be burst here. Bouknight oozes potential, but he hasn’t been particularly good in months now. He’s not ready to be a big part of the offense. Nobody is, but asking him to do more doesn’t seem like it would help.

They need to just keep powering through their schedule and hope somebody takes a real step forward offensively. Adams, Bouknight, Sid, etc have all shown flashes, but disappeared afterwards. It sucks, but they’re still rebuilding.

Reaction Score
He would fit Villanova's offensive system to a T (emphasis added). Assuming he started his career there.

Reaction Score
AAC has no very good teams. We could win that tournament. But we have to show that we can win close games first.

Reaction Score
We went on the road to a top 15 team and should’ve prevailed. We can compete and beat any team in the AAC that’s why
Guess we’ll see Thursday then.

Reaction Score
I feel like the bubble needs to be burst here. Bouknight oozes potential, but he hasn’t been particularly good in months now. He’s not ready to be a big part of the offense. Nobody is, but asking him to do more doesn’t seem like it would help.

They need to just keep powering through their schedule and hope somebody takes a real step forward offensively. Adams, Bouknight, Sid, etc have all shown flashes, but disappeared afterwards. It sucks, but they’re still rebuilding.

This board in general has the rose tinted glasses on with Bouknight. He’s not driving, passing or shooting well at all right now and his defense is still really suspect. Right now he’s a competent ball handler but nowhere near the kind of player other defenses have to worry about.

If it were he instead of Gilbert going on these “less than 7 seconds on the shot clock” kamikaze possessions at the end of the game we’d almost definitely see the same results, judging by his performance in the rest of the games. We should let him do to let him take his lumps and get him ready for next season but he’s not the answer right now

Reaction Score
Bouk had five points - three on fts - no assists and no rebounds. Scored the least of all of the starters. He will be solid in two or three years but that statement is not true right now

Reaction Score
Sorry this team will win the AAC tournament
Neutral Court , officiating better than regular season .
Why not.
Akok, and Bouknight have breakout shooting games and in those conditions we have good chance.
Keep the faith.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom