At Large Dream Officially Dead: We’re onto ‘20-‘21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

At Large Dream Officially Dead: We’re onto ‘20-‘21

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Get a grip on reality!

If we can take Nova to the wire at Philly we are capable of winning the AAC tournament. We just need to clean up some aspects of the game. Defense is there, we just need to cut down turnovers and make more 3s. The freshman will get better by March and Al will learn from his mistakes. Hurley will get them on track.

We need to realize we lost 4 close games and that could gone either way. Win 2 or 3 of those and expectations would be way different. Losing Polly hurts, but we have capable shooters in BA, SW, and Akok. Hell even Gafney has shown the ability to make 3s, he just needs to shoot it with confidence.

Reaction Score
They've shown they can compete with anyone. They still have no idea how to actually win games, which is the whole point of this thread.
Agree that on any given night this team can compete with some really good teams, but to do it for three or more games in a row... unsubstantiated.

Reaction Score
Agree that on any given night this team can compete with some really good teams, but to do it for three or more games in a row... unsubstantiated.

I'm actually not sure I agree with that.

I think that if we played 3 top-25 teams in a row (maybe not top 5, but top 25), we would play all 3 of them close and lose by 2-8 points to all of them.

Reaction Score
I'm actually not sure I agree with that.

I think that if we played 3 top-25 teams in a row (maybe not top 5, but top 25), we would play all 3 of them close and lose by 2-8 points to all of them.
Which is the signature of a team on the cusp

Reaction Score
Unless we get lucky with match-ups and the ball bounces our way....we are due for some luck eventually.

Maybe the team will be clicking for a few days in the AAC tourney and some luck will mix in.

Reaction Score
Unless we get lucky with match-ups and the ball bounces our way....we are due for some luck eventually.

Maybe the team will be clicking for a few days in the AAC tourney and some luck will mix in.
For our collective sanity, I hope you are right, but joy has been snatched away too often. Polley has his best all-around game...season ending injury immediately thereafter. This two steps back cycle needs to be broken.

Reaction Score
This won't be a popular post, because it is brutally honest. UConn will be good again once Hurley's roster is loaded with guys he recruited. As the talent level rises, the wins will come. Right now there isn't much margin for error, and often a few bad shots and/or passes at crunch time ruin an otherwise solid performance.

I honestly believe that the 20-21 squad will win at least 5 or 6 more games than this season's team. Next season will be a big step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Ok. This is a really good MAAC team. How’s that? Almost winning is not worth a bucket of spit. Add that they got run out of their own building by St Joe’s and dominated by the worst Cincinatti team in a decade and beaten up by a dreadful South Florida team. Last time I checked the rules ”shud of arguably won” counts as a loss. But maybe I missed the rules change. Take off the blue glasses and look at this team. It isn’t a pretty site in the clear light of day.
The funny part about this is a guy who thinks the American is better than the big East is basically telling people to be realistic with how they look at things......makes sense

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At Large Dream Officially Dead:
Win the AAC Tourney Dream Officially Begins.

Reaction Score
Get a grip on reality!
Since your obviously just posing as a fan let me explain what a fan is.
Its a shortened form of the word fanatic.
Fanaticism and rationality should never be used interchangeably.They exist in parallel universes. A true Fan by definition can’t be rational.
So you have to decide to be a real fan , in which case we’re a lock for the AAC championship or continue as a non fan dwelling in that ugly world of reality.
If you agree we would be happy to accept you as a true UConn fan.
Just give me a big Amen and your in.

UConn 2020 AAC Champs ,

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Solid game, good effort as usual, but UConn falls short again. We don’t have a player capable of scoring when it matters. And obviously, without Polley we’re one of the worst shooting teams in the country.

As we look towards next year, outside of Gaffney/Bouknight developing, how can we find some shooting? This offense desperately needs players who can score.
I said at the beginning of the year that an NIT bid is what we should be content with. Anything else is gravy. It’s year two of the rebuild and it’s going in the right direction

Reaction Score
I can’t dream of winning AAC tourneys. I can only dream of not playing in them at all. It is embarrassing to even be there in the first place.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
They've shown they can compete with anyone. They still have no idea how to actually win games, which is the whole point of this thread.

Yet there is still time to figure that out. All they need is one good win and I truly believe they can go on a run. Even without too much imagination this team could be 14-3.

Reaction Score
Watching this Marquette GTown game now. Both teams LOOK like D1 teams. Need that bulk! Go Sal!!
Sal is actually a bright spot. Dude lives and dies on the game action if you catch him on the bench.

Reaction Score
Welp, there is no team in the American we cannot beat and we have certainly shown that we can probably lose to any of them. But I am still optimistic and think we get it done in the American tourney.

Reaction Score
Welp, there is no team in the American we cannot beat and we have certainly shown that we can probably lose to any of them. But I am still optimistic and think we get it done in the American tourney.
Other than Tulane we haven’t shown much evidence of that. But ok.

Reaction Score
At Large Dream Officially Dead:
Win the AAC Tourney Dream Officially Begins.
SMU is the team to beat for the auto bid. That offense is legit. With so much parity any team capturing the auto bid could wind up in the S16. Crazy season. Just nuts!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom