Assuming SDSU is gone, what's Aresco's next move? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Assuming SDSU is gone, what's Aresco's next move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BC/SU/Pitt dont'/won't play UConn in basketball.

Next.
Is that what the ESPN meetings with its minions sound like? Or do you make them repeat it back before moving on to the next topic?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just so long as you admit that the Pac12 had to leave Earth's orbit in their last round of additions. Now you can drop the academic pretense...

They had similar schools in Arizona State, Oregon State, Wash State. Pac is clearly less about academics than B1G or ACC. SEC and Big 12 aren't at all. I still think Boise would never even merit consideration. It will be interesting to see what happens.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Is that what the ESPN meetings with its minions sound like? Or do you make them repeat it back before moving on to the next topic?

Have you heard anything indicating SU or Pitt want to play UConn? From anyone? On either side, to be fair?

Reaction Score
Just so long as you admit that the Pac12 had to leave Earth's orbit in their last round of additions. Now you can drop the academic pretense...
Academics matters at some level. There are places the major conferences just won't go, places they will as long as there is enough cover. I mean Louisville is 160 but made all sorts of noise that they were investing to move up. On the other hand, no matter how much noise you make, Boise State is never going to gain admission to some conferences. From the Big East perspective, historically, academics have really never been much of an identifier. The league always had a pretty wide range from Georgetown to what are really regional schools of varying quality like Providence, Villanova and Seton Hall. Some, UConn and BC are good examples, really changed their relative status over the years. In the early years of the Big East BC was something like 90% Catholic, 75% from New England and much of that from Greater Boston. Syracuse was probably somewhere in the middle. After the 2003 ACC raid, the Big East went after the best athletic programs available, not the best academic entities. The big East in that sense was always more like the SEC or th eB-12 than the B-10 or the ACC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have you heard anything indicating SU or Pitt want to play UConn? From anyone? On either side, to be fair?
No but then again I haven't heard much about anyone else they might schedule either.

I really don't feel strongly one way or the other, but the drama of your post prompted me to reply in kind.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom