Asst Coach Job Posting | The Boneyard

Asst Coach Job Posting

Reaction Score
One of the minimum qualifications is:
Experience at 2 or more power 5 universities.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ooh - let's dissect the qualifications as posted:

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Bachelor’s degree
  2. five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program
  3. coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences
  4. working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations
  5. strong commitment to the academic goals of the University
  6. excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Division I head coaching experience
  2. coaching experience on team(s) that have advanced to at least the regional round of the NCAA D I WBB Championship
  3. demonstrated experience coaching players who have achieved conference and/or national honors
  4. former playing experience at the Division I collegiate level
So, now that we know both the minimum and preferred qualies, any guesses on who meets the min or both?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Bachelor’s degree
  2. five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program
  3. coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences
  6. excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
  2. coaching experience on team(s) that have advanced to at least the regional round of the NCAA D I WBB Championship
  3. demonstrated experience coaching players who have achieved conference and/or national honors
So, now that we know both the minimum and preferred qualies, any guesses on who meets the min or both?
Tamika Jeter!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
  • Bachelor’s degree Check!
  • five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program... Well I read the Boneyard, that should be close enough.
  • coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences Again, I read the Boneyard
  • working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations Read the Boneyard
  • strong commitment to the academic goals of the University, Sure
  • excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills I post on the Boneyard.
Frankly, I think I am very close on this.

Reaction Score
  • Bachelor’s degree Check!
  • five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program... Well I read the Boneyard, that should be close enough.
  • coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences Again, I read the Boneyard
  • working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations Read the Boneyard
  • strong commitment to the academic goals of the University, Sure
  • excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills I post on the Boneyard.
Frankly I think I am very close on this.
Ladies and gentlemen we have found our coach Jumper

Reaction Score

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Bachelor’s degree

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

That should eliminate all the young players/coaches. That is some strong minimum qualifications. I suspect that job description is written with a specific person in mind because there won't be that many people qualified.

Reaction Score
That should eliminate all the young players/coaches. That is some strong minimum qualifications. I suspect that job description is written with a specific person in mind because there won't be that many people qualified.

Agreed. This job description was written for one individual. Needed qualifications are too specific and eliminates too many otherwise qualified candidates. For example, none of UConn’s current coaches (including Shea) meet them. Funny that Geno is not qualified to be his own assistant.

Reaction Score
Hmm... Tamika Williams Jeter.. consider.

1. Meets criteria and former UConn great
2. Ayanna Patterson has a close relationship with Jeter family and gave advice to her on signing with UConn
3. Dorka Juhacz is coming from Ohio State
4. Tamika coach at Ohio State
5. Geno just recently filmed undefeated tv series where she was a guest and they could have caught up and talked shop

I don't believe in coincidences in the universe....

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
You know who checks every single box...?

761719C8-CBAD-4CA0-AC1C-49671EABFDC5.jpeg

???

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
God no!
I agree. IMHO this is a career development job and not a rehabilitation tour. With the questions of transfers from VU, not sure the program would want to deal with that baggage, regardless of whether it was valid or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom