Associated Press All-American Women Basketball Players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Associated Press All-American Women Basketball Players

Reaction Score
Not surprised there are no UConn players this year. I am surprised that Brink wasn't first team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I love Paige but come on she played less than a dozen regular season games. This was a reputation/projection selection all the way.

Probably not the right time since the focus must be on the tournament games but it would be nice if Paige and/or Geno at an appropriate time said something to the effect that it is nuts Paige received HM in a year she barely played and hopefully in future, awards should be based solely on merit and not reputation/persona etc. . Paige will have many more earned awards in the future

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
You mean an indictment of the kids who held it together to go 25-5, win both the conference regular season and tournament and earn a 2 seed in the ncaa? I see Paige's honorable mention as a silly fan vote, but you are, of course, entitled to your own sinister interpretation.

Reaction Score
What an exciting year of basketball. There is so much talent around the country that we are seeing parity like no other time ever in women's basketball. Great to see a wide open field where the top four of every Region is that good to win the Chip.
Congrats to all these ladies.

Few take away's from this AA list

1. Third team could make a strong case for second team. Reese and Brink for sure second line.
2, Glad to see Two players from Big East make the team.
3. Morrow Well deserved recognition. She accomplishes a lot as an undersized post player. Go BIG EAST!
4. CW has a lot of doubters however she had a Helluva a season. She should be on this list.

5. UCONN may not see an ALL American for a while if we continue to play with this much depth and see the consistent contributions throughout the roster. Losing Christyn Evina and ONO will open up some room. Losing Scoring, Ball handling and Defense means somebody will have to step up and replace that.

Reaction Score
Both deserving, although I'd have voted for Christyn and Liv for 2nd and 3rd team respectively. Does seem to be a lot more talent, a lot more spread out, than there was 20 years ago. This leaves the seniors with one option to leave something in the gampel rafters.
I love Christyn the person and she also has played great lately (subpar competition mostly). However, to think she could be second team would be to discount the whole year and when people were injured the team turned to a freshman to help carry them through a period including stopping scoring droughts and end of game situations. She did play well in stretches but not as a senior 2nd team all-american, I do not think anyone was jilted. I hope she keeps the momentum into the NCAAT which will help the team and her position for the next step in her career.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
What an exciting year of basketball. There is so much talent around the country that we are seeing parity like no other time ever in women's basketball. Great to see a wide open field where the top four of every Region is that good to win the Chip.
Congrats to all these ladies.

Few take away's from this AA list

1. Third team could make a strong case for second team. Reese and Brink for sure second line.
2, Glad to see Two players from Big East make the team.
3. Morrow Well deserved recognition. She accomplishes a lot as an undersized post player. Go BIG EAST!
4. CW has a lot of doubters however she had a Helluva a season. She should be on this list.

5. UCONN may not see an ALL American for a while if we continue to play with this much depth and see the consistent contributions throughout the roster. Losing Christyn Evina and ONO will open up some room. Losing Scoring, Ball handling and Defense means somebody will have to step up and replace that.

Disagree with 4 and 5. Especially 5. To think Paige will go from sweeping NPOY awards as a freshman to not making an All American team again in her career makes no sense unless you're expecting she's going to miss a significant chunk of time again.

Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme says "Hi!"
Love the Godfather reference. I think part of the perception problem is that people do not allow for players, especially younger ones, to grow from necessary failures since we always have had such an overwhelming talented team(s). The loses are part of the growing to know how to step up, it does not always happen perfectly and with no steps backward.

Reaction Score
Disagree with 4 and 5. Especially 5. To think Paige will go from sweeping NPOY awards as a freshman to not making an All American team again in her career makes no sense unless you're expecting she's going to miss a significant chunk of time again.
I wonder if anyone can confirm if Paige getting honorable mention that it actually took a spot away from anyone else? Is it always the same number of HM spots? Maybe they just added her with an extra spot for the reasons many stated, her numbers before being hurt and her support of teammates while out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paige has played in 11 games, the last 3 with limited minutes. How does she get listed?
Reputation and memory.

For what it’s worth, I’m a little disappointed for Christyn. She can make a statement about it in the tournament, though

CL82

Reaction Score
Love the Godfather reference. I think part of the perception problem is that people do not allow for players, especially younger ones, to grow from necessary failures since we always have had such an overwhelming talented team(s). The loses are part of the growing to know how to step up, it does not always happen perfectly and with no steps backward.
Wouldn’t that be “Caroline Ducharme sends her regards”? That’s a line that appears in the book but not in the movie, if I recall correctly.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wonder if anyone can confirm if Paige getting honorable mention that it actually took a spot away from anyone else? Is it always the same number of HM spots? Maybe they just added her with an extra spot for the reasons many stated, her numbers before being hurt and her support of teammates while out.
I just counted...in 2020 there were 22 kids on HM AA, last year 18, this year 25, so it doesn't look like there's a set number of spots. Guessing HM AA is a catch all for anyone who received a vote for an AA team. I imagine some voter put Paige on 3rd Team as some sort of sympathy vote or it was a homer vote. Zia Cooke/Katie Benzan getting any recognition is a sign of clear homerism or a sign of blatant negligence. Those voters should be replaced IMO.

Reaction Score
When was the last time Uconn has no representation in the top 3 AA teams and the conference it is in has more than one player represented from other teams?
She was an honorable mention so what is the problem? It's not like she was added to any of the teams

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
While I don’t think the girls need any extra motivation as they seem laser focused, perhaps this gives them a chip on the shoulder with a perceived lack of respect. This is a great group of girls that is so easy to root for! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
CW just play your game!! It will speak volumes!! Some of the ladies are very deserving on the list others are very interchangeable! CW should have made 2 or 3 team. I love Paige she is terrific..but let's be real she was unfortunately injured this season!

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t that be “Caroline Ducharme sends her regards”? That’s a line that appears in the book but not in the movie, if I recall correctly.
Godfather 2 in the bar they say it right here : - )
1647544320720.png

CL82

Reaction Score
Godfather 2 in the bar they say it right here : - ) View attachment 74550
That’s right! I am not a big fan of Godfather 2 as I am of one. I believe in the book the hitter says that to Fabrizio. In the deleted scenes from the movie they just have him getting into a car which blows up. There’s some symmetry to that as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom