Assistant Football Coach/QB Coach/Pass Game Coordinator > Brad Robbins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Assistant Football Coach/QB Coach/Pass Game Coordinator > Brad Robbins

Reaction Score
The ranks for Tennessee Tech passing wise were uhhhh not great at the FCS level last year:

102/122 in scoring
116/122 in pass efficiency
98/122 in total offense
89/122 in passing offense

Wild they couldn't even pull from a top-half FCS team?

Reaction Score
The ranks for Tennessee Tech passing wise were uhhhh not great at the FCS level last year:

102/122 in scoring
98/122 in total offense

Ridiculous.

Reaction Score

True....SMH ! But I guess when Mora only wants to run the ball, even down 3 TD's, who wants a PG Cord who might have other ideas ;)

Reaction Score

102/122 in scoring
98/122 in total offense

This is UConn football we are talking about .... The only explanation for the string of Offensive hires is either budget or defensive minded coaches like Edsall ... Diaco.... PP, and now Mora, more often than not, fail to recognize what a modern-day offenses looks like and take a grind it out 1980's style possession approach. Perhaps someday before it's too late UConn will realize that it may be a good idea to eventually TRY a proven or true up and coming lower level OC to be UConn's HC.

The excuses of execution are getting old, especially when execution is pound it to the left... that didn't work ok lets pound it to the right.

Reaction Score
I’ll say it again, there is a connection between Sammis and Robbins. OL Coaches are big picture guys out of necessity. Remains to be seen what the O philosophy will be. Everyone on the same page seems to be a high priority. Here’s hoping the page they are on is the scoring points page.

Reaction Score

102/122 in scoring
98/122 in total offense

He was not the OC at Tennessee Tech and he was there 1 year as the HC was fired after going 20-43 and 11-29 in conference over his tenure. Before UConn hired him, he was named as OC for Southern Utah. He was OC at North Greenville, so let's look at those stats:

2019: Ranked 132/166 in total offense at 300.7 yards per game with 17 TDs.
2020: COVID
2021: Ranked 90/163 in total offense at 352.5 yards per game with 35 TDs.
2022: Ranked 40/163 in total offense at 401.2 yards per game with 34 TDs.

His passing offense in 2022 ranked 27/163 at 253.7 yards per game and 7.34 yard per attempt. To compare, UConn passing offense ranked 102/130 last year at 190.3 yards per game and 5.99 yards per attempt.

So, his offenses showed improvement each year and his passing offense was pretty good his last year although North Greenville was not a good team when he was there. The biggest plus for him is that he has worked with Sammis before so they should work well together.

Reaction Score
This is UConn football we are talking about .... The only explanation for the string of Offensive hires is either budget or defensive minded coaches like Edsall ... Diaco.... PP, and now Mora, more often than not, fail to recognize what a modern-day offenses looks like and take a grind it out 1980's style possession approach. Perhaps someday before it's too late UConn will realize that it may be a good idea to eventually TRY a proven or true up and coming lower level OC to be UConn's HC.

The excuses of execution are getting old, especially when execution is pound it to the left... that didn't work ok lets pound it to the right.
solid post... I hate to admit it... but it is though... oh man...

We better show something this year...

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if the problem is me not understanding the hire, or understanding the hire. It is great that these 2,Coaches have worked together before. That tells me Sammis had a lot of input. But the fact that we're hoping a new guy can do something and perform on a level above what his track record says he can is concerning. We needed a proven successful OC regardless of the level he was at previously. We have an O-Line Coach and a QB Coach and they are unproven in their current positions. I know we want to convince ourselves that Coach sees something we can't possibly appreciate, but in the end you are what your record says you are. In this case it's a lot of questionmarks and some decent returning tools on offense.

Reaction Score
we're looking at position coaches for their trend lines and you have a post showing good trends... give it a rest guys. What's done is done, we'll see it on the football field.

Reaction Score
Robbins listed on the coaching roster now as QB/PGC, but Gordo still only listed as RGC/OL. Curious or are they just that bad at the updates?

Reaction Score
Robbins listed on the coaching roster now as QB/PGC, but Gordo still only listed as RGC/OL. Curious or are they just that bad at the updates?
Most likely they are that bad at the updates. It's a recurring theme.

Reaction Score
There has been no official announcement that Sammis is taking over as OC, correct? Is anyone else thinking that Charlton is going by the way of Spanos and there will be no "official" OC replacement - Mora will try to do this by "committee" like he did the defense?

Reaction Score
There has been no official announcement that Sammis is taking over as OC, correct? Is anyone else thinking that Charlton is going by the way of Spanos and there will be no "official" OC replacement - Mora will try to do this by "committee" like he did the defense?
It was mentioned in player interviews from New England Football Journal. Not an official announcement but at least supported it's truth. I only just got around to watching those after my earlier post.

Reaction Score
The thing that sits in my head is how 'unofficial' the OC mention is/was... I don't believe we're settled there until I see it.... or else it would've been announced... Or maybe (just maybe) we're looking at other possibilities for that role ( just as we are for more portal kids until Fall camp starts)...

Reaction Score
Being the half glass full guy I am also leads me to believe that the less us 'experts' know about this stuff, the better... The bar has been set ( thanks MBB and WBB and Baseball )... Time to put up or shut up...

Reaction Score
After reading all these posts who is calling the plays? Sammis?

Reaction Score
He was not the OC at Tennessee Tech and he was there 1 year as the HC was fired after going 20-43 and 11-29 in conference over his tenure. Before UConn hired him, he was named as OC for Southern Utah. He was OC at North Greenville, so let's look at those stats:

2019: Ranked 132/166 in total offense at 300.7 yards per game with 17 TDs.
2020: COVID
2021: Ranked 90/163 in total offense at 352.5 yards per game with 35 TDs.
2022: Ranked 40/163 in total offense at 401.2 yards per game with 34 TDs.

His passing offense in 2022 ranked 27/163 at 253.7 yards per game and 7.34 yard per attempt. To compare, UConn passing offense ranked 102/130 last year at 190.3 yards per game and 5.99 yards per attempt.

So, his offenses showed improvement each year and his passing offense was pretty good his last year although North Greenville was not a good team when he was there. The biggest plus for him is that he has worked with Sammis before so they should work well together.
I think this is actually pretty relevant. It might take a year to get the offense going the way they want. I’d take 250 yards per game and 35 passing tds. FWIW I don’t have a problem with having a solid running game too. With the backs we have it would be dumb to completely abandon the run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom