Asia Durr to Louisville | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Asia Durr to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
multiplier vs absolute difference because a difference of 20 is far more meaningful going from 4 to 24 than from say 141 to 161.
that's the key. not worth discussing anymore for those who don't agree with the subtlety here.

just trust the point that insulting Louisville can bring the same insult on nearly anyone else relative to other schools' academics and call it a day. I do find it interesting that Jeff is having incredible success recruiting in this class. Is it something about the school? his charisma? his being a male coach that brings comfort to some parents or kids? -- which of course opens a whole big can of gender discussion worms.

I'd think it's far more likely because his team beat the prohibitive favorite in the tournament last year and raised it's (and his) visibility.

Reaction Score
The idea that Louisville hasn't had talent has always made me laugh. They had 3 players drafted off their team last season into the WNBA. Two made rosters. If anything, they've had more talent than most. Bria Smith, Sara Hammond, Vails and others were Top 25/30 recruits. Smith was Top 10. Angel is one of the top 5 players in the world. Schimmel was a Top 10 player and All-American by some lists.
I'm a huge Cards fan and Bria Smith was and still is way OVERRATED . She is a senior now and screws up more now than as an underclassman.

Reaction Score
Vails averaged 11 ppg in a very weak league, a big-time verbal ??? nice try

If Vails was so good why didn't Maryland recruit her ? when the home state school 30 miles away shows little interest, she may not be very good. Claiming someone who has averaged 4 ppg 3 rebs is a great player is absurd.
Vails was rated in the 50's like Shawnta Dyer and Cortney Walton. Players rated in the 50's+ are a crapshoot. Geno or whatever his name is doesn't have to worry about that.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UL has had some great players but the top of their best classes have generally been in the teens and not in the top five of the recruiting pool. There are always surprises and some disappointments based on the rating services but the very top of each class has generally differentiated itself from the 5-20 rated players in HS and have had very good college careers.
Getting a #1 rated player is a big step up for Jeff in recruiting and it does change perceptions a little I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom