Asia Durr Decision Date | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Asia Durr Decision Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I wonder how good Louisville is going to be next year. They lost a lot to graduation. This 2015 class is a monster but they might have a down year (compared to their lofty recent achievements) before they get there. Flipside, their 2014 class was pretty good, too, so maybe they can get some early contributions from freshman and still be very good.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Huge get for Louisville. Louisville has always done well with less heralded recruits, nabbing a player of Durr's caliber will surely help Walz's recruiting over the next few seasons. Wouldn't be surprised to see Louisville become a big powerhouse in the next 3-4 years.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
HUGE pickup for Louisville. May be their first top 10 player ever.

Wasnt Shoni and Bria Smith top 10?

Your the recruit guru but I was thinking I read somewhere they were both around #8 or so. Maybe wrong thought.

Reaction Score

Your the recruit guru but I was thinking I read somewhere they were both around #8 or so. Maybe wrong thought.

But I'm a recent "guru". :D
I did say "may", but I realized that I have ASGR from 2011, and Smith was #7 then, so you are correct!

Ok, on edit: may be Louisville's first top 5 player ever.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I still want Salvadori!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think she was attracted to the freedom Walz gave to both Shoni and Angel. She probably wouldn't thrive as much in a structured system like that of Uconn or ND.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think she was attracted to the freedom Walz gave to both Shoni and Angel. She probably wouldn't thrive as much in a structured system like that of Uconn or ND.
Gotta disagree here. Durr is extremely talented and would thrive at Uconn or ND.

Reaction Score
Good get for Louisville. Congrats to them.

I did a double take at this line from Swish Appeal's article: "With the success he's had with elite guards in the recent past, Angel McCoughtry and Shoni Schimmel, it's no wonder Durr figured that Louisville would be the best place to hone her skills."

Certainly Walz can coach guards, but Muffet has a pretty good track record with Diggins, McBride, and Loyd. And Mulkey did ok with Sims. Lots of reasons to choose Louisville but I'm not sure that one makes Louisville the clear choice.
GA has done OK with guards so far too, I guess. Rizzotti, Ralph, Bird, Taurasi, and Montgomery were first team All-Americans and national champions. Just sayin'.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

You don't have a clue do you???! Geno brought the - let's use your word - unstructured offense to WCBB and has beaten "them" over the head with it for many years and most have not figured it out or figured their kids cannot pull it off. BTW and I don't mean this in a mean way... but one of those who haven't figured it out is Tenn to my undying befuddlement. If you mean she can get away with more undisciplined ( and losing) play under Waltz... you are right.

Asia has a tendency to charge down court and take her shot whether it is the right one or not. She can be great and for the sake of WCBB I hope she is, but I would rather see her be great is a game that has her demonstrating a great court sense and motivating those around her. We had Sims and that is really not so much fun.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
GA has done OK with guards so far too, I guess. Rizzotti, Ralph, Bird, Taurasi, and Montgomery were first team All-Americans and national champions. Just sayin'.
You are, of course, right. I didn't mention UConn because they weren't in Durr's final five.

Reaction Score
You don't have a clue do you???! Geno brought the - let's use your word - unstructured offense to WCBB and has beaten "them" over the head with it for many years and most have not figured it out or figured their kids cannot pull it off. BTW and I don't mean this in a mean way... but one of those who haven't figured it out is Tenn to my undying befuddlement. If you mean she can get away with more undisciplined ( and losing) play under Waltz... you are right.

Asia has a tendency to charge down court and take her shot whether it is the right one or not. She can be great and for the sake of WCBB I hope she is, but I would rather see her be great is a game that has her demonstrating a great court sense and motivating those around her. We had Sims and that is really not so much fun.

You are right, I don't have a clue. Glad you cleared that up.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score

Shoni and Bria Smith were both ranked 8 coming out of high school. Current freshman (whom we have yet to see play) was ranked #11. Asia Durr is now the highest ranked recruit to Louisville ( 1 or 2 depending on what service you are referencing).

This should be an interesting year for us. We have 2 5th year senior coming off of redshirt injuries and the trio of Jude Schimmel, Sara Hammond and Bria Smith. Smith played injured all season, and had a really bad year. Hoping the off season has given her time to rest and heal.

Our incoming freshman class has the potential to be very good, with 2 of them having the potential to have an immediate impact (Hines-Allen and Mariya Moore).

Reaction Score

If she wanted freedom she should have gone to Tennessee. She could have taken Simmons' place. Or was that already promised to Diamond ?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Shoni and Bria Smith were both ranked 8 coming out of high school. Current freshman (whom we have yet to see play) was ranked #11. Asia Durr is now the highest ranked recruit to Louisville ( 1 or 2 depending on what service you are referencing).

This should be an interesting year for us. We have 2 5th year senior coming off of redshirt injuries and the trio of Jude Schimmel, Sara Hammond and Bria Smith. Smith played injured all season, and had a really bad year. Hoping the off season has given her time to rest and heal.

Our incoming freshman class has the potential to be very good, with 2 of them having the potential to have an immediate impact (Hines-Allen and Mariya Moore).
Jeff will keep you guys in the top ten and he sure knows how to win in the tourney.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You are right, I don't have a clue. Glad you cleared that up.

I apologize. A bad day and that was rude. But there is a difference between disciplined and structured basketball. Your essential point I think is right - Asia wanted a program that would let her be Asia.

Reaction Score
I apologize. A bad day and that was rude. But there is a difference between disciplined and structured basketball. Your essential point I think is right - Asia wanted a program that would let her be Asia.
Yes, that is what I was meaning. Apology accepted.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
rvwsleep said:
If she wanted freedom she should have gone to Tennessee. She could have taken Simmons' place. Or was that already promised to Diamond ?

Attachments

• image-695203826.jpg
    image-695203826.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads