As Tyrese Martin prepares for what comes next, his UConn basketball experience will always be with him | The Boneyard

As Tyrese Martin prepares for what comes next, his UConn basketball experience will always be with him

Reaction Score
Good article. Hard not to root for a guy like this. I hope he fulfills his dream of playing in the NBA and makes enough money to change the lives of his family.

“No matter where I am at, I will always be representing UConn Nation.”

Alternate free access: Forever grateful: As Tyrese Martin prepares for what comes next, his UConn basketball experience will always be with him

Reaction Score
Great read on a great kid. I wish we had a well set up NIL program. Taking him at his word, he is trying to provide for his family and was making very little NIL cash.

Reactions: Daz

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
BD7CBF0D-07CE-445B-A4E5-8CC0FBA4DF7A.jpeg

:D

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Grant Williams, Jae Crowder comps? Needs to guard 2s, 3s, 4s and occasionally 5s. Hit the corner 3 on offense. I could see Martin doing that. Might be more athletic than either GW or JC.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Glad he came to Storrs. Terrific kid. I would be ecstatic if he worked his way onto an NBA roster.

I’d be really surprised if he was drafted, but I also think there’s going to be a spirited fight for his rights post draft. With his size, teams are going to want to get him onto their summer league rosters and just see how it works out.

He’s going to make some money playing this game.

Reaction Score
Good article. Hard not to root for a guy like this. I hope he fulfills his dream of playing in the NBA and makes enough money to change the lives of his family.

“No matter where I am at, I will always be representing UConn Nation.”

Alternate free access: Forever grateful: As Tyrese Martin prepares for what comes next, his UConn basketball experience will always be with him
Great feature article.... Thanks for sharing this. I I am one among many who wish him only the best going forward! Tyrese is a true bleeding blue Husky!

Reaction Score
I’d be really surprised if he was drafted, but I also think there’s going to be a spirited fight for his rights post draft. With his size, teams are going to want to get him onto their summer league rosters and just see how it works out.

He’s going to make some money playing this game.
The reality is that when you are in the mid to late second round range, it may be better for you to go undrafted. Second round money isn’t guaranteed anyway so you still have to make the team. This way, you have more control of your fate and can sign w a team you might actually make. Most likely scenario for Tyrese is being one of the last few cut and signing a two way deal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think there is a real chance now that Martin is taken in the 2nd round. If so, what a tribute to his work rate, and the improvements he's made in his game. Shooting, ball handling, defense, just becoming the kind of complete player NBA teams need on the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom