As much as I can't stand the Patriots, I.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

As much as I can't stand the Patriots, I....

Reaction Score
I really didn't have an issue with the play calling except for the calls after the Julio catch. Yeah....maybe run on 3rd and 1 when Ryan got stripped. But, I didn't mind the aggressiveness. But, when they passed with 4 minutes left, that wasn't aggressive....it was stupid.
You absolutely run the ball on 3rd and 1 there - or at least go play action. Lining up in the shotgun and passing it is incredibly dumb. But not as dumb as not running the ball three times after Jones's catch. It doesn't matter if you get stuffed three times there. Either you force NE to use all three timeouts and kick a ~40 yd FG to go up two scores with ~4:15 left and NE has zero timeouts, or you kick that ~40 yd FG to go up two scores with <3 mins to go. Under no circumstances should they have been throwing the ball there.

Reaction Score
Dallas has a better o-line and defense. I think the difference will be whether Dak can step up his game in the playoffs.
We had a slow start offensively vs. GB ... that's why we lost... once the offense got going we were pretty darn good...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I put * by the guys they'd look to keep. I'd add Bennett but he's impossible. The rest are bit players of no real importance. Blount will resign on a friendly deal. So will Long as he loves playing here. Harmon is cheap. Butler, Branch, Hightower, Sheard are the guys that concern me.

Hightower is by far and away the most important. There's no replacing him, given talent an knowledge of the system. And he's going to command any deal he wants.

Butler's restricted, so he's in for next year. They'll tender him 1st round.

Branch might be next, given his performance next year.
I'd put Bennett along with branch. Probably can't keep him, but with Gronks status, and no other viable TE on the roster, they desperately need a top shelf all around guy.

Ryan won't be back.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You don't think they will suffer from hangover? That was a crushing defeat. Their DC and Dline Coach have already paid the price for it.

Can it happen? Sure, but it's certainly not a sure thing. It could end up galvanizing the team.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hightower is by far and away the most important. There's no replacing him, given talent an knowledge of the system. And he's going to command any deal he wants.

Butler's restricted, so he's in for next year. They'll tender him 1st round.

Branch might be next, given his performance next year.
I'd put Bennett along with branch. Probably can't keep him, but with Gronks status, and no other viable TE on the roster, they desperately need a top shelf all around guy.

Ryan won't be back.

This draft class is Very TE heavy...so I don't think we'll see Bennett back.
Hightower has less value in other systems. He'll get paid, but will take a semi-friendly deal. That's my guess.
They may try to lock up Butler longer term, and Branch. I think Branch is hard to replace in our system.
You think Ryan will get big $$? I don't see it really. He's not even a clear #2 corner.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This draft class is Very TE heavy..so I don't think we'll see Bennett back.
Hightower has less value in other systems. He'll get paid, but will take a semi-friendly deal. That's my guess.
They may try to lock up Butler longer term, and Branch. I think Branch is hard to replace in our system.
You think Ryan will get big $$? I don't see it really. He's not even a clear #2 corner.

Don't agree on Hightower. I think he's one of the best linebackers in the league. He doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. He's certainly a superior player to Collins, and he got $50 million over 4 years. Granted the Browns had something to do with it. Hightower can get that if he wants.

I think you are selling Ryan a little short there. He had a good year. Was he perfect? No. But have you seen what corners get paid now? You don't even have to be good and teams throw money at you.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Y'know who hasn't received enough credit? That official that called the Edelman catch correctly 1st pass. That was a good job right there.

Jeff Seeman is his name. He's also the guy who nailed that ridiculous Julio Jones sideline catch. AND he nailed the James White 'breaking the plane' touchdown in OT.

Jeff Seeman, hell of a night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jeff Seeman is his name. He's also the guy who nailed that ridiculous Julio Jones sideline catch. AND he nailed the James White 'breaking the plane' touchdown in OT.

Jeff Seeman, hell of a night.
Thanks, have you seen any specific credit given to him in any post games articles?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Thanks, have you seen any specific credit given to him in any post games articles?

I actually read an article on the guy's performance somewhere, which how I knew that stuff. I think ESPN (maybe) did one, but I can't seem to find the article I'm thinking of. Sorry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom