As a college basketball fan | The Boneyard

As a college basketball fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the new Big East: Georgetown,Villanova, Marquette, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, St. Johns, Seton Hall, DePaul, sburg State University of Rhode Island.

That's a fun basketball league.

Our clusterufck, on the other hand, is not.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It might be good next year and the year after, but let's see if you feel the same in 2016.

BTW Aresco intimated that the Big East and the Conference to be Named Later may very well schedule each other as OOC opponents. If this sort of alliance works itself out, C2bNL becomes a much better draw.

Reaction Score
I guess it looks good on paper and right now might be the 3rd best conference in hoops (you left out Providence)

Would it be cool if Uconn were in that conference- sure. And the obvious reason is that Uconn has a long history with a lot of those schools.

But there are a bunch of mediocre to poor programs there- Depaul, Providence, Seton Hall, Creighton (minus McDermott), URI.

St. Johns has been a pretty bad program as well and Xavier is down now.

That leaves Gtown, Nova, Marquette, and Butler.

I'd definitely stack up Uconn, Cincy, Memphis, and Temple against that group.

Reaction Score
I like the new Big East: Georgetown,Villanova, Marquette, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, St. Johns, Seton Hall, DePaul, sburg State University of Rhode Island.

Imagine how good it would be if it was still 1976!

Reaction Score
I'll have a wait and see attitude with this one. I'm hoping Larry Brown at SMU makes some noise.

Reaction Score
I guess it looks good on paper and right now might be the 3rd best conference in hoops (you left out Providence)

Would it be cool if Uconn were in that conference- sure. And the obvious reason is that Uconn has a long history with a lot of those schools.

But there are a bunch of mediocre to poor programs there- Depaul, Providence, Seton Hall, Creighton (minus McDermott), URI.

URI is not in the conference, he meant PC when he said them.

The conference is ok, not great. Behind the Big 10, ACC, MWC and Big 12.

Outside of Gtown there is not one program who is a title contender in any year. Got some Sweet 16 teams every now and then and a lot of bottom feeders in PC, DePaul, Hall, and St. Johns.

Reaction Score

Yeah look at all the national titles in that league since Ewing and Pinkney played college hoops!!!:eek:

Husky25

Reaction Score
I believe Butler proved they are a title contender.

Here's the thing, the bottom feeders of the NBE will do more harm to the Top of Conference teams than the good provided by the Top of Conference teams to the bottom feeders. If Seton Hall, St. Johns, PC and DePaul could not improve their respective programs vs. the class of the old Big East, how will they do it when UConn, Pitt, Cuse, and UL, and UC are no longer guaranteed opponents?

Butler and Xavier might as well stayed in the Atlantic 10, because that is exactly where they are going...with a better TV deal...that no one of consequence will watch.

Reaction Score
Yeah look at all the national titles in that league since Ewing and Pinkney played college hoops!!!:eek:

Who said anything about titles? I said "that's a fun basketball league." You prefer UConn-Tulane? Good for you.

I really don't get some of you people, and your inability to concede there may be merit in anything in the world that's unrelated to UConn.

Reaction Score
Who said anything about titles? I said "that's a fun basketball league." You prefer UConn-Tulane? Good for you.

I really don't get some of you people, and your inability to concede there may be merit in anything in the world that's unrelated to UConn.
Tulane is better then DePaul.

Reaction Score

It's "fun" but not great..........if some don't improve where they have gone it will be lucky to get 3-4 a year in the tourney and that's about the same as where we are to land. It's only more "fun" because you recognize the names and faces, it will be fun to play Temple, Memphis, Cincy and others....Tulane is DePaul, not sure who Houston and the others are these days I guess we'll see..........

It's more than likely a better overall league than what UConn will be in - THERE you happy? A lot better and a lot more fun - NO!!

Husky25

Reaction Score

As opposed to Butler-Depaul? Personally, I will have the same interest in a Gtown/Butler game next year as I would a Kansas/Texas game, for example. Good product and I'll watch it if its on, but it's not appointment TV.

I think the New Big East and the C2bNL have half lives of 3 years (Current freshman become seniors). At which point, we'll see the true colors of both leagues...I'd also expect the conference landscape to be vastly different than it currently is.

Reaction Score
It's "fun" but not great..........if some don't improve where they have gone it will be lucky to get 3-4 a year in the tourney and that's about the same as where we are to land. It's only more "fun" because you recognize the names and faces, it will be fun to play Temple, Memphis, Cincy and others....Tulane is DePaul, not sure who Houston and the others are these days I guess we'll see..........

It's more than likely a better overall league than what UConn will be in - THERE you happy? A lot better and a lot more fun - NO!!

You're yelling at imaginary people. I said "that's a fun basketball league." That's my opinion. The rest is just noise coming from you.

Reaction Score
You're yelling at imaginary people. I said "that's a fun basketball league." That's my opinion. The rest is just noise coming from you.

No capital letters pal, not yelling. Nothing to yell about, just opinion on 2 leagues which won't compete with the best leagues!.........the "noise" would be a UConn fan concerned with talking about the obvious clusterf**k every 3 or 4 days, that's noise!

Reaction Score

Creighton has been to the tourney eight times since 2000
When did URI get an invite?
Xavier has one bad year and they're down? They've been to an elite eight and 3 sweet 16's since 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom