Articles, Sept. 22 | The Boneyard

Articles, Sept. 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
:( J Silver's SNY article title calls the offense 'inept', and then the subtitle calls it inexperience. So which is it? Inept defines incompetence, and I doubt the O is incompetent...inexperienced in some spots as HCPP stated, but inept...hardly. Jeff J and Dez have a better command of the English language...and better stories too. :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
:( J Silver's SNY article title calls the offense 'inept', and then the subtitle calls it inexperience. So which is it? Inept defines incompetence, and I doubt the O is incompetent...inexperienced in some spots as HCPP stated, but inept...hardly. Jeff J and Dez have a better command of the English language...and better stories too. :D

In John's defense, editors are usually the ones that assign article headlines, not writers. In this case, it was probably the webmaster looking for a title that would drive up traffic.

Reaction Score
Google is unbelievable. I have an alert set up and it sent me something that this was being discussed...
Anyhow, Nan is correct, it's freelance work and the raw story is my only input (I thought it was fair?). I didn't even know it was posted yet. Thanks for reading...now, back to conference realignment. :D

Reaction Score

I had no problem with the article at all. You must be fun at parties.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wow, two members of the CT press visiting today - John Silver in this thread and Jeff Jacobs in another.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the explanation John. I do like all the UConn football reporters stories/articles, including yours. Just checking to see if you we're paying attention to your reading public. We can be so persnickety when it comes to our Huskies...well at least I can at times. :D However, I still think 'inept' was a poor word choice. Back to realignment.

Reaction Score
I had no problem with the article at all. You must be fun at parties.
I am fun at parties thank you very much. :) And it wasn't the article I disliked, it was the poor word choice for a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom