Article: Why Hornets Should Draft Andre Jackson, Jr | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Article: Why Hornets Should Draft Andre Jackson, Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They just aren’t a good franchise. They absolutely wasted Kemba’s prime. And they’ll do the same to Ball until he asks out
Kemba grew into a player that demanded a max contract from the Celtics in Charlotte. He just couldn’t stay healthy at the end of his prime, and had 2 less prime years than most superstars because he came out late. Ball also developed into a max contract level player in Charlotte more recently. Miles Bridges was probably looking at 20-25 mil per year before his off court situation. How did the Hornets stop these guys from reaching their full potential? If you want him to get drafted by a consistent/winning team, there’s no chance he’ll get on the floor with his limitations, and he’ll wash out of the league within a couple years.

Reaction Score
Kemba grew into a player that demanded a max contract from the Celtics in Charlotte. He just couldn’t stay healthy at the end of his prime, and had 2 less prime years than most superstars because he came out late. Ball also developed into a max contract level player in Charlotte more recently. Miles Bridges was probably looking at 20-25 mil per year before his off court situation. How did the Hornets stop these guys from reaching their full potential? If you want him to get drafted by a consistent/winning team, there’s no chance he’ll get on the floor with his limitations, and he’ll wash out of the league within a couple years.
The organization sucks. Has for a longggg time. Jordan is arguably the worst owner in the league.

Reaction Score
This article, if remotely true, confirms that AJ is gone. Good for him. I really wanted to see him again next year.

Reaction Score
I literally cringed. What an awful organization. I agree completely with those who never want to see another UConn player go to Charlotte.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Interesting that this article also talks about Bouk coming off a good end of year to move into second rotation.

Reaction Score
Everyone’s hate for the hornets is so weird. Kemba is the franchises best player of all time. Lamb just wasn’t very good anywhere, but had his best years in Charlotte. Bouknight is obviously his own worst enemy. Any NBA franchise has the resources for a player to succeed if he has ability.

Yep. If the Pistons, Knicks, Net's, Wizards, Magic or Hawks had drafted the same UConn players we'd hear the same crap about how they are a horrible franchise, etc.

Reaction Score
Everyone’s hate for the hornets is so weird. Kemba is the franchises best player of all time. Lamb just wasn’t very good anywhere, but had his best years in Charlotte. Bouknight is obviously his own worst enemy. Any NBA franchise has the resources for a player to succeed if he has ability.
Because it’s the Hornets. Poverty franchise that goes nowhere ever.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yep. If the Pistons, Knicks, Net's, Wizards, Magic or Hawks had drafted the same UConn players we'd hear the same crap about how they are a horrible franchise, etc.
If the Celtics or Lakers drafted them, our fans would lament over how overrated they’ve been since the 1980s. Andre is going to be thrilled if any team takes him in the first round, as should everyone on this board. He can make lots of money regardless of where he’s drafted, if he develops correctly.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Huh?
Right ? I mean, first of all, "Clutchpoints" is what ? Far as I cant tell, based on this content, a site I'd never consider reading in my life. And where was there a "fact" stated about Andre Jackson that could or could not be true ? That he is "Andre Iguodala" reborn ?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I know we want our guys to rise instead of drop, but I really want him to drop to 41st so Denver can grab him. Perfect spot for him especially with Brown gone this summer.

Reaction Score
I know we want our guys to rise instead of drop, but I really want him to drop to 41st so Denver can grab him. Perfect spot for him especially with Brown gone this summer.
It would maybe make me get out to my 2nd ever nuggets game. First one was to see Kemba and the Hornets visit...got a smile yelling out to him while wearing his uconn jersey. That's my creepy fan moment, and I'm not ashamed

Reaction Score
No-look passes between Andre and Joker would be crazy.. Maybe they like him enough to put a trade package together and move up

Reaction Score
I love living in North Carolina! and we're not a crappy state.

Sports-wise we are mediocre but not a crappy state to live in.

:)
Agreed man. I live in Charlotte & it’s a great place. It’ll be better once MJ sells the team this summer, no doubt about that tho. But NC has a couple really nice cities, incredible mountains, and tons of awesome beaches. It’s honestly a great place to live and visit.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Somehow people still believe in the franchise tanking players talent myth. It’s like talking to your buddy who says NFL teams shouldn’t draft the QB from X college because they never had anyone succeed in the NFL.

Well if your buddy had been advising against Ohio State qbs they'd be doing pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom