Article on UConn-Dayton matchup | The Boneyard

Article on UConn-Dayton matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
“He’s a great guy. I have amazing respect for him,” Jabir said. “We’ve modeled a lot of the things in our program off his program.” "One has been “the whole idea of it mattering more to the team than to the coaches whether you win or don’t win. ... It starts with the kids. It’s from the bottom up, not the top down. That’s one of the things I’ve learned that we’ve tried to incorporate and adopt.”

i love those type of quotes. it never ceases to impress me the amount of respect knowledgeable people around the rest of WCBB have for Geno and UCONN.

Reaction Score
You have to handed to teams like Dayton that arn't afraid to play a team like UCONN. Many other teams with alot more talent then Dayton will not play UCONN.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I assume he was not the coach when UConn was looking for a game in Dayton to honor Tamika Williams. I seem to remember that scuttlebutt was Dayton turned UConn down so they played Wright State much to the delight of their coach who had a sell-out that night.

Reaction Score
I assume he was not the coach when UConn was looking for a game in Dayton to honor Tamika Williams. I seem to remember that scuttlebutt was Dayton turned UConn down so they played Wright State much to the delight of their coach who had a sell-out that night.

"Jabir once coached at Providence and had regular clashes with UConn coach Geno Auriemma. The two are friendly, and Auriemma even put in a good word for Jabir nine years ago during a conversation about the UD job with then-Athletic Director Ted Kissell."

It wasn't Jabir who refused to play UCONN.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I did not say he did not; I said I assumed he was not... So who was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom