Army | The Boneyard

Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Does else think they would be another great football only add? All sports if they want to but if we could get them into the fold that means the Army/Navy game is a conference game every year. This would be great exposure for the conference and definitely drive up our television value, while adding another regional game.

Drew

Reaction Score
I also don't know the history and if we tried to get them to join already to the conference so if Aresco already tried and they didn't want to then nevermind

Drew

Reaction Score
And would probably have to add a 14th member with them to even out divisions, for arguments sake I'll say Umass

Division 1:

1. Army
2. Navy
3. UConn
4. Temple
5. Umass
6. ECU
7. Memphis

Division 2:

1. UCF
2. USF
3. Tulane
4. Tulsa
5. SMU
6. Houston
7. Cincinnati

Probably have to split the rivalries of UCF/USF and Army/Navy between divisions. Also would give us a lot of local games within driving distance every year while making the divisions geographically friendly (which is rare in CR)

Would love to try to see us get Army/Navy to join in all sports not just football but will take what we can get.

Reaction Score
That would be a terrible idea for everyone involved.
Right. I get that we're upset that we're currently 0-2 in the AAC, but destroying service members every year on the basketball court is no way make up for that.

Drew

Reaction Score
no umass obsession, just want regional rivalries. could care less if we beat tulsa or memphis in anything

Drew

Reaction Score
You guys really don't think adding army would increase the TV contract by virtue of the army/navy game being an American Conference game? I'm surprised I thought this would've been a popular sentiment

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
no umass obsession, just want regional rivalries.
The thing is, we don't need to be discussing this. Continuing a regional rivalry with a P5 team such as RU or even BC is one thing, but re-establishing a "rivalry" with the likes of UMass does us nothing and would be as reactionary as the ACC adding Louisville. It wouldn't capture national interest to any degree; this isn't Duke-UNCheat or Auburn-Bama. And I'm fairly sure you're only suggesting it as a means to get our ratings up or something to somehow get us out of the AAC. UMass is not our ticket out, and even if it was, there goes the rivalry if/when we are invited to a real conference anyway. Consider it once all other options to getting in to a real conference have been used and we know we are stuck in the AAC and then have to truly make the best of our situation.

Reaction Score
Army would be a good add at this point. Drew is right we need to add more regional schools to help UCONN out while we are in this crappy conference. In my opinion UMASS is not ready. It would be better for the AAC to add schools like Charlotte, ODU or some other school that actually care about football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys really don't think adding army would increase the TV contract by virtue of the army/navy game being an American Conference game? I'm surprised I thought this would've been a popular sentiment

Divide the game by the 14 team monstrocity you are advocating and it hardly moves the needle.

There are some terrible teams in the league. That doesn't mean you go out and get teams that are even worse just because they are closer.

Reaction Score
This crappy conference, this crappy conference, this crappy conference. Keep saying it, but get used to being in it. We may be here a while.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Tell me, how long before you get around to posting, "Marist, the AAC's Secret Weapon"?

Drew

Reaction Score
Tell me, how long before you get around to posting, "Marist, the AAC's Secret Weapon"?

tell me, are you going to post anything productive on any of the threads I've started or are you going to continue to try to troll me to maintain the post to like ratio that you've worked so hard to earn?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We completely over extended the league to get to 12 for a conference title game - which I still defy anyone to prove how that increased the per team payout.

I barely want to play Army or UMass as an early season warm up game in football, and now we're advocating for

Army/Navy to join in hoops? Absurd.

The league should've been:

UConn, Cinci, USF, UCF, Houston, ECU, SMU, Temple, Memphis.

9 football teams. 4H 4A.
9 basketball teams. Round robin 8H, 8A.

Maybe you could convince for Navy in football or a VCU/UMass in basketball.

Tulane and Tulsa bring everyone down by sheerly being associated with them.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
tell me, are you going to post anything productive on any of the threads I've started or are you going to continue to try to troll me to maintain the post to like ratio that you've worked so hard to earn?
HAHAHAHA you nailed it bro, Fishy's post/like ratio is definitely his life ambition.

Reaction Score
Army Olympic sports are rough. More often than not, they're in the bottom half of the Patriot League.

If the AAC ever goes to 14, they should be going after the top teams in the Mountain West - strengthen the conference and put more separation between the AAC and the G5.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Army Olympic sports are rough. More often than not, they're in the bottom half of the Patriot League.

If the AAC ever goes to 14, they should be going after the top teams in the Mountain West - strengthen the conference and put more separation between the AAC and the G5.

Woah, woah, woah.

The AAC is going to need to get back to 12 first after the ACC takes us and Cinci! :)

Reaction Score
Woah, woah, woah.

The AAC is going to need to get back to 12 first after the ACC takes us and Cinci! :)

Haha. I think it's in the best interest of the AAC whether or not UCONN's still in it.

And if any P5 comes calling, I'm down.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well it is "Harvard on the Hudson" in academics and is poised to be a football and basketball powerhouse.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well it is "Harvard on the Hudson" in academics and is poised to be a football and basketball powerhouse.

Not to quibble, but Harvard on the Hudson is Dutchess Community College.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Army/Navy gets to split the proceeds of their game now, why would they want to make it a conference game and share it with the rest of this steaming pile? If we really want some local games, enter into a long term home and home football scheduling agreement with Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom