Arkeel and the Tight Ends | The Boneyard

Arkeel and the Tight Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Pretty much. Finally looked for Myers today and he made plays. We had some 3 TE sets.

Reaction Score
I was pumped for season to start knowing Bloom and Myers we're going to get touches and Arkeel was going to be used more in space making Noel hopefully having more room. What the heck happened?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Pretty much. Finally looked for Myers today and he made plays. We had some 3 TE sets.

Agree that we targeted the TE's more this week than the previous 3 but we should have kept throwing to them until it stopped working. Same with Arkeel. He never goes down at first contact and each time he gave us a little boost, we took him out. I would have run him at the goal line! How has he lost his job as our feature back? Pre-season Ron may say he's going to run "violent" but regular season Ron didn't get the memo it's supposed to be every time he gets a touch.

Reaction Score
Not to mention Arkeel's pass blocking ability compared to RJ. RJ has caused a couple sacks per game by missing his assignment.

Reaction Score
RJ has done very little. Doesn't he tout himself as Mr I Love Contact? How about blocking? How about running hard on short down yardage situations (Navy)?

Reaction Score
I was pumped for season to start knowing Bloom and Myers we're going to get touches and Arkeel was going to be used more in space making Noel hopefully having more room. What the heck happened?

And now add Davis who gets open a lot and they have 3 underused weapons. These are the guys a good Qb funds when is scrambling rather than tucking it in and running 20 times again.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I thought last year we seemed to do a better job of getting Arkeel the ball in space, sometimes even doing inside screens. I thought I saw one failed inside screen yesterday, but other than that haven't noticed any. It seems he's primarily taking handoffs. We've got a Ferrari in the garage and we only drive it in first gear.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
If we are trying to run it into the end zone on 4 straight plays, Arkeel finds his way in. Wrong call is made over and over.
It is puzzling.
This is on the OC and ultimately Bob.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Not many were left in the stadium to see it, but Davis had his 1st TD of his career in garbage time yesterday. I'm hoping that will be used as a confidence springboard for him at the new position. It was a nice grab (throw high to take advantage of his height) and he was wide open since Cuse went into soft prevent zone defense. Davis has been a nice addition to the offense and deserves more targets.

Reaction Score
You're right, but didn't he knock the helmet off a navy dback and nearly out of the end zone on his TD run in that game?

Didn't knock the helmet off a Navy defender on the game's last play. One highlight reel contact does not a season make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom