Arkansas-Creighton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arkansas-Creighton

Reaction Score
Gonna be tough to top last night's game, but both teams are right back at it tonight. Creighton against #14 Arizona and Arkansas against #17 San Diego State

Reaction Score
Gonna be tough to top last night's game, but both teams are right back at it tonight. Creighton against #14 Arizona and Arkansas against #17 San Diego State
Will be difficult to top that game is right. Should have been the final. Poor bracketing.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I'm more curious about how what is basically a 5 man team can hold up through the grind of a long season. Will fouls, lack of stamina, and/or injuries be their downfall, or can they miraculously power through it?
ask geno. he is currently running a similar game, as he has done previously, to great success.
let's listen in, the day before:
hey! get a good rest tonite! ur getting a lot of run tomorrow.
'what? im going 30?
30? as if. more like 40. you're young, u won't die, unless u decide to become a fouling machine, then, imma gonna kill you.

often, a smart player a bit fatigued on the court becomes even better, as they become more deliberate in their action, and cut down on the flying around backwards to no avail stuff. i ain't chasing that impossible to retrieve loose ball.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Will be difficult to top that game is right. Should have been the final. Poor bracketing.

Nah, Its not like 'Zona an SDST are chopped liver. Those are 4 good teams.

Weird stuff: Creighton was -1.5 Favorite vs Arkansas, Im seeing them as +3.5 dogs right now to 'Zona. What does Vegas know? Because I see Arkansas as better than Arizona and Creighton better than both. Interesting.

Reaction Score
Watched the Creighton-Arkansas saw game and then switched over to the St Johns- Cuse game after. The Creighton game was fast/exciting basketball. The St. Johns game was laugh out loud funny. Passes were either flying into the stands or hitting guys in the back that were not looking, open layups were missed, deep 3's that didn't come close to touching the rim. Just a totally different game.

Reaction Score
Brown is of local interest here, as the local HS was awarded the State title after the Tx Supreme Court threw out a lower ruling that allowed him to play the final 11 games of the season.
His team won by 20 in the finals and likely wins without him

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Zona is really good, excellent test for a definite contender like Creighton.

Both teams are F4 capable.

Ramey is a stud, Krisha is solid, Larsson can shoot it and their big is a MONSTER.

Reaction Score
ask geno. he is currently running a similar game, as he has done previously, to great success.
let's listen in, the day before:
hey! get a good rest tonite! ur getting a lot of run tomorrow.
'what? im going 30?
30? as if. more like 40. you're young, u won't die, unless u decide to become a fouling machine, then, imma gonna kill you.

often, a smart player a bit fatigued on the court becomes even better, as they become more deliberate in their action, and cut down on the flying around backwards to no avail stuff. i ain't chasing that impossible to retrieve loose ball.
I hear ya but kinda disagree because Gino's has never only been 5-6 deep and due to the lack of competition in the women's conference (both BE and AAC) he never faced situations that Creighton will face over the long haul of a season.

Creighton is literally one injury away from their machine tilting. And think of Sanogo (and RJ) last year on fumes down the stretch; that could be any one of Creighton's starters.

Reaction Score
our current bench production is concerning but we're only 6 games in, and a lot of our bench is new to the team.

Farabello has been the biggest disappointment thus far, he needs to hit 3's to justify his minutes, because defensively, he will not measure up to these contender-level teams. Black and Council IV ate him alive -- it is what it is. He needs to find his shot and continue to not make mistakes. He will be a good option in late-game situations.

Shereef Mitchell, our longest tenured player and our supposed backup PG, spent 90% of last year (and basically all of the preceding summer) on the sidelines nursing a hamstring injury. He's faster than FF and has made some nice plays off the bounce for other guys, but his shot is still a ways off from where it was his freshman year, which is really saying something. He's also playing out of control trying to do too much, I think he feels the pressure of the team's expectations and goals...There's reason to believe that he will improve

Mason Miller is the X factor, especially with the way Kaluma's been playing (not well). He needs reps. Obviously talented and obviously lacking some confidence. His stroke looks good and the hype around his athleticism is warranted. He just needs more time to figure out how to best impact the game when he's out there.

King has exceeded all expectations. Further along than Miller, prone to some stupid passes and defensive lapses. Also needs reps.

Coach Mac is notorious for playing a short rotation, but Ark did not get much from their bench last night either (6 points to Creighton's 3). Those big-time games are not the time or place to get reps for your inexperienced bench players. There will be ample opportunity during the conference slate for those guys to level up. It feels wrong to say that out loud but I think it's accurate.

Reaction Score
Weird stuff: Creighton was -1.5 Favorite vs Arkansas, Im seeing them as +3.5 dogs right now to 'Zona. What does Vegas know? Because I see Arkansas as better than Arizona and Creighton better than both. Interesting.
I think Vegas realizes Creighton was probably wiped out. Arkansas to a degree too. Arizona is pretty good too.

I took Arizona and Arkansas to start. Picked up Creighton +5.5 and +7.5 to hedge. Need Arizona to win by 3-5 pts to hit them all..

Reaction Score
Ballo doing work. Mark Few is going to regret him getting away. I suppose he left because of Holmgren.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think Vegas realizes Creighton was probably wiped out. Arkansas to a degree too. Arizona is pretty good too.

I took Arizona and Arkansas to start. Picked up Creighton +5.5 and +7.5 to hedge. Need Arizona to win by 3-5 pts to hit them all..
Good luck!

Reaction Score

Damn, Ramey fouling cost my -2.5. Would've rather OT. Thank God I hedged a bunch. I think its a chop for me.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Apart from the size is there any similarity between him and our incoming guard Castle?
It's only fair to admit that I wondered the same thing while hearing of and watching Black for the first the last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom