Arkansas-Creighton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arkansas-Creighton

Reaction Score
Creighton's reward is playing at Texas their next game after this tournament.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Both teams looked impressive. Good win for BE. Both teams look Final4 capable

Reaction Score
This is quite the creighton circle jerk. Bring them on! Lol
This creighton team’s punchability is a 9/10, Greyson Allen/Greg Paulus Duke team levels.

The Schierman kid looks like that kid in class that even the teacher hates bc he tattles on everyone, and Kalkbrenner looks like that kid with the over-involved mom that finds out about the house party and calls the cops

Reaction Score
This creighton team’s punchability is a 9/10, Greyson Allen/Greg Paulus Duke team levels.

The Schierman kid looks like that kid in class that even the teacher hates bc he tattles on everyone, and Kalkbrenner looks like that kid with the over-involved mom that finds out about the house party and calls the cops
I don’t like Creighton at all, but those Duke teams are in a league of their own

Reaction Score
Nembhard was awesome.

McDermott is going to need to develop Mike Miller's kid and another player or two off the bench. You can't just go with 5 guys all season not matter how good they are.
That dunk was incredible. Ya, Brazile had 4 fouls and couldn’t challenge him but his speed and ups on that dunk was nasty

Reaction Score
Creighton shot 59% against the KenPom #3 defense. Both teams were impressive offensively. Great win for the Big East.
Keep in perspective it’s hard not to light up the scoreboard at Maui- the rims can’t be any softer. With that said, Creighton is really good- believe it or not their D is probably better than their O at this point because of the two wing defenders & Big K down low. Creighton’s depth is not there right now- they will need to develop the bench- they are the best BE team I’ve seen so far- Scheierman is a great get & a perfect fit for the they way they play.

Reaction Score
Keep in perspective it’s hard not to light up the scoreboard at Maui- the rims can’t be any softer. With that said, Creighton is really good- believe it or not their D is probably better than their O at this point because of the two wing defenders & Big K down low. Creighton’s depth is not there right now- they will need to develop the bench- they are the best BE team I’ve seen so far- Scheierman is a great get & a perfect fit for the they way they play.
I’m curious how Scheierman holds up defensively through the year. His offense is unbelievable but he got absolutely toasted on defense several times. Take the good with the bad when he can create and shoot like that though.

Reaction Score
I’m curious how Scheierman holds up defensively through the year. His offense is unbelievable but he got absolutely toasted on defense several times. Take the good with the bad when he can create and shoot like that though.
he is an average defender on a good day. he will get beat by quicker guys, but he moves his feet and plays smart. and he makes up for his defensive shortcomings with his rebounding IMO.

Reaction Score
I'm more curious about how what is basically a 5 man team can hold up through the grind of a long season. Will fouls, lack of stamina, and/or injuries be their downfall, or can they miraculously power through it?

Reaction Score
Creighton had 3 points off the bench and 17 turns. I did not see the game, did Ark press?

Reaction Score
Do they have any depth??
They don't have even close to the depth UConn has. That's what John Fanta mentioned impressed him most about the Huskies, they can come at teams in waves. Its like the pressure never stops. Can easily go 9-10 deep and we have a bunch of guys that can score the ball unlike like year

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Creighton had 3 points off the bench and 17 turns. I did not see the game, did Ark press?
Kaluma had 6. Each of the other starters had 2. Bench had 2.

Arkansas is very athletic and long. Tight man to man and great switching.

Kaluma was by far and away the weak link among the starters. Fortunately played well the final three minutes.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If Creighton stays healthy, I see a top-10 team easily. Maybe even top-5.
If they win tonight they will probably have a good chance of cracking top 5 next week. They are a nice team.

Depth will bite them at some point this year, but over the long haul, and especially in the tourney, I believe depth is overrated. When you have your 5 best on the floor for the majority of games, and those 5 are really good, you are going to win a lot.

That being said, specific to our huskies, I'm a fan of our depth this year. The pieces all seem to line up this year (credit to Coach Hurley) and a 9 man rotation seems to be an asset this particular season. Sometimes the illusion of depth can be a "too many cooks spoil the broth" scenario, but I don't feel that way this year. I'm usually an advocate of a solid top 5 and go two deep with decent minutes and everyone else is your emergency fund.

Reaction Score
What a great game, 2 very talented squads. To think the hogs played without arguably last year’s #1 ranked recruit, Nick Smith Jr.
Black, 6’6” PG WOW

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Black should loan some hair to Walsh? Just saying...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What a great game, 2 very talented squads. To think the hogs played without arguably last year’s #1 ranked recruit, Nick Smith Jr.
Black, 6’6” PG WOW

Yeah they are going to be a huge problem when Smith is back. Musselman can coach.

Reaction Score
If Creighton stays healthy, I see a top-10 team easily. Maybe even top-5.
Thats a big IF, seems like Kalkbrenner is very injury prone guy seems like he goes down once a half with some sort of injury even if its minor.

Reaction Score
I've got to imagine they're going to be spent for Arizona today.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
And Anthony Black is hella good.
Has anyone seen a better player than Black this season?

I haven’t watched everybody but he’s the best I’ve seen by far. If Smith is better than him (or even close to as good), Ark is going to be a massive problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom