Arizona Press Conference @ 3:30ET | The Boneyard

Arizona Press Conference @ 3:30ET

Reaction Score
I have a feeling it’ll go something like this: “ NCAA, you have no evidence and that wasn’t Sean Miller in those tapes even if you did have them. Sean Miller is back b*tches”

Reaction Score
I have a feeling it’ll go something like this: “ NCAA, you have no evidence and that wasn’t Sean Miller in those tapes even if you did have them. Sean Miller is back b*tches”

Even better if they sign him to a contract extension for 3mil/yr

Reaction Score
Miller drew a clear line here. Either the reporter lied or Miller lied. The tape either exists or doesn't exist. Guess we will all find out soon enough.

Reaction Score
Might as well “return.” All your wins will be vacated by this summer anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of thinking Miller may be innocent. It is hard to believe that Miller would discuss payment on the telephone where he could easily be recorded. But you never know.

Reaction Score
His assistant coach was indicted. By ncaa rules coaches cant plead 'i didn't know' they are ultimately responsible for all that happens in their prigram

Reaction Score
He did say the one time he talked about paying a player he didnt agree and the player did not go to Arizona... I wonder if that is where some of the confusion is coming in here. Will be interesting either way to see who is telling the truth.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Didn't they get in trouble earlier this year for a couple of players being at a booster's house in his pool, a trip that was paid for? Or was that another team?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Somebody is wrong here.

Given that Ayton didn't miss a game and that Miller is back, I'm not sure I'd want to be that ESPN reporter right now.

You can make mistakes, but you can't make that kind of a mistake.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
On the other hand, why wait so long to issue a denial? Also interesting that his 1st comment was to apologize to the Pres and the university. His denials were very specific and include an admission that he did discuss a player getting paid, but he refused and the player went elsewhere.

CL82 take: There's something out there, it's just not exactly the something that ESPN reported.

Reaction Score
Somebody is wrong here.

Given that Ayton didn't miss a game and that Miller is back, I'm not sure I'd want to be that ESPN reporter right now.

You can make mistakes, but you can't make that kind of a mistake.
I'm sure Ayton, or other high level recruits, weren't "free" for Miller and Arizona. But its definitely starting to feel like this ESPN guy wanted to be first as opposed to right.

Reaction Score
Lol this is so funny. Not only is Miller the head coach, but you have Lorenzo Romar of all people as your assistant coach? This is more sketch ball than LSU managing to snag Ben Simmons and SMU almost getting Mudiay. Writing was on the wall when they bought in someone like Romar.

Reaction Score
SI: Sean Miller strikes back at ESPN: Is lawsuit next?

>>...the fact that Arizona allowed Miller to publicly defend himself in an official capacity indicates that university leaders believe him. This is particularly significant since public universities tend to be risk averse. If the university’s top officials and attorneys found Miller unconvincing, Thursday’s press conference would have almost certainly not been held at the school.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom