Arizona and Tyler Dorsey Part Ways | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arizona and Tyler Dorsey Part Ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dorsey was my original pick for pg. Hopefully Hamilton can help recruit him!

Last edited:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how his last season went? Did his rankings remain very high?
XNAcp3lh_normal.jpeg
Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN)
6/14/14, 4:19 PM
I have not see Tyler Dorsey since last July, but trust those who have - and tell me he hasn't improved. I thought he was great off the ball.

Take with a grain of salt. Goodman is an Arizona alumn.

Reaction Score
Goodman Twitter

Tyler Dorsey decommits from Arizona. Actually, it was Arizona that decommitted from Tyler Dorsey from what I have been told by sources

Reaction Score
Yeah, some reports out there say Dorsey and his father started making demands of Arizona and Arizona realizes that there are other players out there as good and better than Dorsey where they can tell them to take a hike.

Reaction Score
Yeah, some reports out there say Dorsey and his father started making demands of Arizona and Arizona realizes that there are other players out there as good and better than Dorsey where they can tell them to take a hike.

Hope we get Jalen Adams. Think he can continue in the tough minded Roxbury PG mold that we have become so used to over the past 4 years.

Reaction Score

Well he won't be coming here then. KO doesn't put up with that stuff. I still think its Adams as our #1 and the package deal for Newman/Stone. The staff seems focused and will move once those dominoes fall.

Reaction Score
It's pretty easy with all of these recruits.

Either come to UCONN and be ELITE or go somewhere else and pretend to be.

Reaction Score
We don't want Dorsey. I keep thinking Adams is our guy and I would also much rather have Newman, Briscoe, Brunson, Trier.

Reaction Score
Tampahusky said:
I'm not a Dorsey fan...has a Mike Bibby type game

Say what you want about Dorsey but i can't think of two guys whose games are more dissimilar than mike bibby and Tyler Dorsey. I'm not saying that to be a jerk - I think you must have him mixed up with someone else.

Reaction Score
From what I see he's just a shooter,doesn't create for others. I'm more excited about 5 other PG in 2015 class than him.

Reaction Score
Miller sent a message with cutting him from the U18 ...

Reaction Score
My feelings on Dorsey are that he's a shooting guard who wants to transition into a point guard. He's not too good at creating for others, he's a good shooter but streaky, average athlete. My main reason for not waning him over the other point guards is he strikes me as a kid who is close to maxing out his potential, I just don't see a lot of upside with him

Reaction Score
Mike Bibby was a key part of a national championship team and then a first team all American. People on this board are just brutal.
Just stating my opinion. Superjohn said it perfectly. Dorsey is just an average to me. I would rather have T Sam or Cassell Jr running the show. This board you can't stay anything without people getting personal,just sad.

Reaction Score
Tampahusky said:
Just stating my opinion. Superjohn said it perfectly. Dorsey is just an average to me. I would rather have T Sam or Cassell Jr running the show. This board you can't stay anything without people getting personal,just sad.

I think being down on Dorsey is a fair point. He projected as a top 10 recruit in this class and fell backwards, and doesn't seem to be a true PG. I'd still take him, but would probably prefer Adams, who while also is maybe not a true PG, seems to be on an upswing.

Invoking Bibby as a cautionary tale is what seems odd. Bibby won a NC, led his team to a No. 1 ranking as a soph (although they were upset by Andre Miller's Utah team in the EE), was part of some great Sacramento teams early in his career and was a very productive pro before injuries derailed him. If we can find a Bibby clone, sign me up.

But no big deal, really.

Reaction Score
Right, he's just average to you. And when you think of average, you think of a guy who was PAC 10 freshman of the year, member of the all Final Four team, PAC 10 player of the year, 1st team All American, and #2 pick in the NBA draft.

Good one.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is my personal guard of choice, but the "scouts" on the Boneyard hating on Dorsey crack me up. Dorsey is the best guard on our radar from a pure talent standpoint. For those of you here saying he has baggage compared to Briscoe, Brunson and Trier don't know what you're talking about. From all I've heard we don't need to hire his dad as an assistant and he doesn't require X amount of shots his freshman year.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is my personal guard of choice, but the "scouts" on the Boneyard hating on Dorsey crack me up. Dorsey is the best guard on our radar from a pure talent standpoint. For those of you here saying he has baggage compared to Briscoe, Brunson and Trier don't know what you're talking about. From all I've heard we don't need to hire his dad as an assistant and he doesn't require X amount of shots his freshman year.
You think Dorsey has more talent than Newman and Adams? Wow, okay there buddy.

Reaction Score
I looked into it but Dorsey's decommit is a lot similar to Prince Ali's. Both committed to their respective schools early and then both schools added another guard afterwards. But instead of not recruiting anymore guards, both programs still recruited them and as result that led to decommit.
And that is why I don't blame kids for decommitting. I remember when Ray committed to us when UNC was recruiting him hard and Ray said said that UNC recruits over you head.

Reaction Score
You think Dorsey has more talent than Newman and Adams? Wow, okay there buddy.

I was comparing him to Briscoe, Trier, Brunson and yes..Adams. Dorsey is a consensus top 10 player and top 2 guard so I don't see how I'm so far off base? And yes, more drama with all of the above mentioned players minus Adams who I've said repeatedly I hope we land.

Reaction Score
I was comparing him to Briscoe, Trier, Brunson and yes..Adams. Dorsey is a consensus top 10 player and top 2 guard so I don't see how I'm so far off base? And yes, more drama with all of the above mentioned players minus Adams who I've said repeatedly I hope we land.
Sounds like you haven't seen him play.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I see Adams at UConn. I expect some clarity on Adams and the package deal by Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom