Arizona 72 KState 68 | The Boneyard

Arizona 72 KState 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So let's see, if KState wins that game by 10, Arizona drops 7 spots in the polls? Arizona, Kentucky, Duke, and North Carolina have different standards in the rankings. I have seen this time and again, just watch.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't get your point. Arizona won. UConn deserved to drop 7 spots in the polls. We're still ranked. If we win we'll rise.

Reaction Score
I admit, maybe I have a thanksgiving bug up my ____ but my point is quite simple, Duke or Kentucky loses they drop 3 spots. The 7 was excessive regardless of what happens Sunday. There will be numerous examples as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
We won't be ranked at some point in the next month or so but it really matters little in the big picture. Actually I like not worrying about where we're ranked!

Reaction Score
I understand the feelings, but all I care about anymore is championships, the rest has simply become a way to hype the next nationally televised game.

Reaction Score
I admit, maybe I have a thanksgiving bug up my ____ but my point is quite simple, Duke or Kentucky loses they drop 3 spots. The 7 was excessive regardless of what happens Sunday. There will be numerous examples as the season progresses.

1) Who cares?

2) As good as we think WVU is, plenty of voters probably just saw it as a loss to an unranked team in convincing fashion. If UNC loses to Butler today, they'll drop plenty. Duke and Kentucky already have impressive wins, so they wouldn't deserve to drop as much as we did if they had a similar loss.

Reaction Score
Also, we had pretty mediocre wins over Bryant and CoC. The only "good" game UConn has had was the win over unranked Dayton.

Reaction Score
We won't be ranked at some point in the next month or so but it really matters little in the big picture. Actually I like not worrying about where we're ranked!
why won't we be ranked?

Reaction Score
1) Who cares?

2) As good as we think WVU is, plenty of voters probably just saw it as a loss to an unranked team in convincing fashion. If UNC loses to Butler today, they'll drop plenty. Duke and Kentucky already have impressive wins, so they wouldn't deserve to drop as much as we did if they had a similar loss.
Unranked Butler just beat #5 NC by 8 so they should be say 12 or lower next week?

Reaction Score
why won't we be ranked?

Because we will have 3 losses or so..........and the other games will not make up for the losses and we'll lose a little ground with the voters for a while........But they'll be fine!

Rankings Shmankings

Reaction Score
We lost and every other ranked team besides Florida and Kansas won...what did you expect?

Reaction Score
Because we will have 3 losses or so.....and the other games will not make up for the losses and we'll lose a little ground with the voters for a while...But they'll be fine!

Rankings Shmankings
did you just spoil the Texas and Duke games? you are the guy that blurts out what's going to happen in the movies as well, arent' you?

Reaction Score
did you just spoil the Texas and Duke games? you are the guy that blurts out what's going to happen in the movies as well, arent' you?

We play other teams during this period don't we? ;)

Reaction Score
We have to earn respect which will show in the rankings, but even when we earn it we hear stuff like "best team didn't win", that kind of crap and it seems to continue. This year's team will take time to develop and I don't know at this point if we have enough outside shooting but I guess I expected a drop of about 5 places and not 7 in the rankings. It means nothing I know, but it pissed me off. I guess I have thin skin.

Reaction Score
When you are ranked higher, you drop fewer spots. It's not that hard to put together. I don't think it has anything to do with the name on the jersey. I'm sure it's worked in our favor many, many times when we were ranked in the top 10. I never understood why some UConn fans have this inferiority complex and belief that all the media outlets are out to get us. We're 4 time national champs for f&&ck sake. Stop whining. Last week Goodman (who is a giant ) stated that UConn has the whiniest fans. It's the only correct observation he's ever made.

Reaction Score
Case in point our APR situation. It was very game and all the time for discussion when we played. Have you watched a NC game lately?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I hear you but I really don't care about rankings this early especially
BUT I have seen Duke lose and actually rise a place or two
Again - rankings mean squat right now

Reaction Score
currant version of sled team doesnt pass I Test

not enuf multiskillset doods, not enuf muscle, not enuf accomplished j's, no history of success coming off world title 3x so Y ollie wood 4 be differ, thin quality depth, only uno boat from JC era, ladeeladeedodo + omar always hert, some shollies not filled wit divI men, only 1 bonafide recoot in newrip (maybe rock but looks like we wont no because appears rock wil not get chance to roll), 2 grandpa recruits who fanbase puts too much hope in (one is reincarnate of daddy and other is really foosbal man in shortpants)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom