Argh, shoot me now. The wife has me going to dinner and ballet tonight | The Boneyard

Argh, shoot me now. The wife has me going to dinner and ballet tonight

Reaction Score
Will there be a link or some way to watch the game tomorrow morning? Would anyone like to use my ticket to see the ballet tonight with my wife? Does this count as cruel and unusual punishment?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If she loved you she wouldn't make you go. My wife would never even consider inviting me to ballet or anything she knows I would have 0 interest in. So, you've either lost total control or you like ballet, just not on game night.

Reaction Score
Thanks, I went there and it already had a box up for the UCLA game. I clicked on it and ESPN was already announcing that UConn won 82-64. I watched the replay. It was great. So now you don't have to watch tonight, you already now the outcome.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
@Ralph, your predicament reminds me of an email that was circulating a year ago:

My cousin has 2 tickets for the 2018 SUPER BOWL, both box seats. He paid $2,500 for each ticket, but he didn't realize last year when he bought them, it was going to be the same day as his wedding. If you know anyone who is interested, he is looking for someone to take his place...It's at the Temple of God church, in Aurora, IL at 3pm. Her name is Judy McNeal. She is 5'5", about 120 lbs., and she's a great cook.... She'll be the one in the white dress.

Reaction Score
Will there be a link or some way to watch the game tomorrow morning? Would anyone like to use my ticket to see the ballet tonight with my wife? Does this count as cruel and unusual punishment?
Yes indeed it is cruel and unusual punishment. Your wife must have a friend or neighbor who would be thrilled to join her. Be a real fan and don’t go!

Reaction Score
Reminds me when I was back in grammar school and they played the World Series during the day —- yes they used to play in daylight — really.

This is why the transistor radio with that little single mono earpiece was invented. If you run the wire under your sleeve you can just sit looking attentive and smile — and hear everything.

Wives and nuns got wise.

So that is why the iPhone with wireless headphones was invented.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
1553893538851.png

Reaction Score
Lol my wife holds the remote for tourney games never mind going out

Reaction Score
Here's what you do:
1.Ask your wife for a divorce.
2.Stay home and watch the games.
3.tomorrow you go and get flowers and apologize.
4.You watch four more games.
5. Later the make-up sex kicks in and all is hunky dory on the home front.
Now don't you feel so much better when you simplify things?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
My wife dragged me to a ballet once about 40 years ago. Key word ONCE! Skinny girls prancing in tutus and guys in tights w/stuffing. Not for me.

Fire away.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would anyone like to use my ticket to see the ballet tonight with my wife?
I don't know. What's she look like? ;)

Put the ESPN app on your phone and run your headset up to the ear that doesn't face her. You'll get to hear the game and as a side benefit she'll be impressed that you were so moved by the performance that you periodically shouted "YES!"

Reaction Score
Make sure that when you yell YESSS! that it isn't when the guy with the padded tights is flying through the air.:)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I'm not going to a ballet, but I won't be able to watch the game live either. I'm back in Las Vegas today to watch my oldest granddaughter coach her Jr NBA girls team. Tonight is opening night.Her team won the championship for their age group last year. We promised to come back to watch her and her team. Keeping our promise, as you can't disappoint the grands no matter how old they are.

For the rest of you lucky souls that get to watch the game live, enjoy your evening and the game. Ralph and I will be rooting for UConn in "absentia", and hoping for the best. Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do. I'll catch the replay on unconnhuskygames.com only if UConn wins. I don't watch replays of games they lose. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Just go to uconnhuskygames.com You'll love it and no commercials.

.......................and you won't have to wait until tomorrow. :)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1. 7:00-9:00......Eat in a Sports Bar
2. 9:00-11:00...Sleep during the ballet
3. 11:00-1:00...Watch the Oregon game at home

Carnac

Reaction Score
Reminds me when I was back in grammar school and they played the World Series during the day —- yes they used to play in daylight — really.

This is why the transistor radio with that little single mono earpiece was invented. If you run the wire under your sleeve you can just sit looking attentive and smile — and hear everything.

Wives and nuns got wise.

Ah yes!!! I remember those days fondly. I hid my transistor radio in my shirt pocket, and ran the cord up my sleeve to the ear that was out of sight of the teacher. There was no ESPN back then. No replays continuously throughout the evening. Only a few highlights on the evening news (maybe). Not nearly the fix a true baseball junkie needed. These youngsters have no idea what we're talking about. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
She ,who must be obeyed! ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
I don't know. What's she look like? ;)

Put the ESPN app on your phone and run your headset up to the ear that doesn't face her. You'll get to hear the game and as a side benefit she'll be impressed that you were so moved by the performance that you periodically shouted "YES!"

Better yet, listen to the game on 97.9 ESPN - Hartford with Bob Joyce and Debbi Fisk. You can access 97.9 via the iHeart radio app. The pregame show is on right now. Enjoy the game. :D

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Wives and nuns got wise.

I grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Went to a Roman Catholic grade school. In 1960 the Pirates played the Yankees in the World Series, and they were day games. Our school had received a donation of audio visual equipment from a well heeled donor. So the very first thing we ever watched on our little closed circuit TVs was the Buccos beat the dreaded Yanks. What a fine memory! :D

Reaction Score

DVR

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom