Argh! Already? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Argh! Already?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
You think that you have BAD NEWS, this morning around 12:30 AM Pacific, a Hyundai Santa Fe went through the corner of my house. The driver fled the scene by the time I got out front, another driver stopped and had already called the police. Come to find out the car had been stolen last Saturday and the owners were notified that the police had found their car. Contacted USAA and was on the phone when the owners showed up. After talking to them and USAA the only way I can get my deductible waived is if they catch the thief and he pays the $2,000.00 deductibleHead bang. The side is now boarded up and the claim adjuster is supposed to come by later today.

If the Boneyard gives a hard-luck award, you have my vote. Bizarre and very unfortunate.

And you’re a better person than I with your concern for the car’s owners. Tip of the hat to you.

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
You think that you have BAD NEWS, this morning around 12:30 AM Pacific, a Hyundai Santa Fe went through the corner of my house. The driver fled the scene by the time I got out front, another driver stopped and had already called the police. Come to find out the car had been stolen last Saturday and the owners were notified that the police had found their car. Contacted USAA and was on the phone when the owners showed up. After talking to them and USAA the only way I can get my deductible waived is if they catch the thief and he pays the $2,000.00 deductibleHead bang. The side is now boarded up and the claim adjuster is supposed to come by later today.
What good is insurance if you can’t use it?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't mean to be a "gloom and doomer" here. But figured out today that we are about 1/3 of the way
thru the regular season already!
Maybe look at it this way, when the season is over, it will be spring!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Kind of glad USAA declined to give life insurance. They sound a bit sketchy.
I have their life insurance and when it expires when I'm 75, I can automatically renew it for another 20 years without any checkup and the price goes only $15 a month more then what I'm paying now. I love them, when other insurance companies call me, the first thing I tell them that I have USAA, 90% of them say thanks for your service and that they can't match them.

Reaction Score
I have their life insurance and when it expires when I'm 75, I can automatically renew it for another 20 years without any checkup and the price goes only $15 a month more then what I'm paying now. I love them, when other insurance companies call me, the first thing I tell them that I have USAA, 90% of them say thanks for your service and that they can't match them.
@MSGRET ... i completely agree with you on USAA... they are great insurance company... responsive, supportive and every other insurance company that tries to get me or my sons to switch to them responds the same way..." can't beat USAA". Best of luck with the house repairs. Weird situation ... have great New Year.

Reaction Score
Glad to hear it. I was denied, without any appeal, over a high PSA level. It’s been high for 15 years, but the urologist says I’m fine.

Reaction Score
Maybe look at it this way, when the season is over, it will be spring!

WAQU: Sounds like some one gave you some lemons; more importantly, sounds like you know exactly what to do with them. Appreciated your cheerful thought.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hey @winlots - just an FYI - when you are responding to a poster and quote their comments, type your response AFTER the [ backslash QUOTE ] command. Otherwise, your response looks like it was typed by the person you’re replying to. I’ve fixed some of them but can’t fix them all, especially on my phone

Reaction Score
Husky Nan: thanks for that alert. Apologies. Not sure I understand the symbols etc , but will try to correct. Is THIS note OK?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Husky Nan: thanks for that alert. Apologies. Not sure I understand the symbols etc , but will try to correct. Is THIS note OK?
No need to apologize since you did nothing wrong. I was just sharing information. My suggestion was for when you respond by quoting someone.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
@MSGRET ... i completely agree with you on USAA... they are great insurance company... responsive, supportive and every other insurance company that tries to get me or my sons to switch to them responds the same way..." can't beat USAA". Best of luck with the house repairs. Weird situation ... have great New Year.
Back at you @PAHuskeyFan and thanks for your service.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Glad to hear it. I was denied, without any appeal, over a high PSA level. It’s been high for 15 years, but the urologist says I’m fine.
Sorry to hear that @uconnfan68, maybe the urologist could help submit an appeal on you behalf.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that @uconnfan68, maybe the urologist could help submit an appeal on you behalf.
They said their decision was final. They initially were focused on BP, and cholesterol issues. This was totally out of the blue, as though anything that could disqualify me would be used.
It was only for burial costs... I’ll try to save enough for a cremation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom