Aren't we at a point | The Boneyard

Aren't we at a point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
where 2 things should be happening? #1 I would be expecting a lot more posting and threads about this season for the Huskies,including talk about 2013 and 2014 recruiting! #2 it is more difficult to get accurate #s for the Top 100 players! I have come up with<which I do not know is accurate> 11/25 verbals for the Top 25,11/25/for the 25-50,16/25 for the 50-75,and 15/25 for 75-100! I would love to hear from everyone about Husky BB! I would also love to hear about these #s at this time in previous years! 22/50 for the top 50 is 44%! Obviousely there is going to be alot of action in the next month to signing day! It seems to me there are a large #s of elite kids who are taking there time making a decison compared to other years!
Maybe I am wrong,but both many recruits along with many posters have not
been heard from! I know/feel that the loss of HG<as much as I wanted more from them> provided more than we are getting now!
I open this for discussion and hope we are going to see a major increase in posting on the board! I know the ist day is FRI,SO COME ON GUYS AND GALS
lets see more action/posting/threads!
There is plenty to talk about!:) I have been missing the activity and level of excitement!
I have been writing in my notebook potential lineups,for 2012,2013,2014 much guessing on who we ultimately get for 2013! Dreaming about the potential
blockbuster class for 2014! Most of all so excited about the team we have for this year! Working on an evaluation in more detail of Baylor vs UCONN! I know there was a good thread on that already,but I suspect we are going to be talking alot about this all season;)
I think we are going to see a 10 women rotation<maybe Buck gets time also>!
Similar in some respects to what we saw The COACH doing with the USA National Team! We have 3 very elite Freshmen who are going to be IMHO all getting major minutes. Adding them to at least 7 improved and mature members of the returning team is reason for an incredible amount of excitement!
Of course I will obcess about getting great kids for 2013 and expecially 2014! I want to see these FR have the players to compliment them more so than that INCREDIBLE player did in her SR Year! LOL,but I will focus on the incredible possibilities that lay ahead for the team and us this season;) WOW I think I managed to not name one player or Coach in this thread! LOL There will plenty of mentioning of all these kids!
We have a VERY SPECIAL period of time ahead of us for the next 4 years and beyond! I do think the FR class is going to surpass team wise the Young woman playing in the WNBA FINALS AGAIN. Hopefully she will be joined by her partner in the success The MVP and a slew of UCONN HUSKIES including that special point guard we had playing:)
PEACE and POSTING Ira

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Seriously? I feel almost the opposite...we've talked to death the potential lineups ,starters, etc, and done tons of analysis on Baylor-UConn. It's tough to talk about much when practice hasn't started and we have no news from the Horde. In a week or so I'm sure things will be back to the level you're used to. Last year we were lucky because we had the Italy trip to talk about for a month, the loss of Maya, CD back, etc.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hey Ira - glad to see you back posting in full force lol. There have been some lively posts on here in the past month or so discussing some of the things you mentioned - Jon Fryer started a post on the starting lineups which led to some actual... disagreements I guess would be the best way to phrase it... :)

Everything right now is leading up to the super show. The staff seems to really be focusing on 2014 and I have a feeling 2013 will be a very very small class and Geno, true to his word, will look for walk ons or foreign players to fill out the roster. I'd not be surprised to see him head back into the JUCO ranks even tho his last few forays there were not successful. Instead of walkons i'm surprised he's not been looking at kids in the 30-60 range. This is one of the years where i think the strategy of being so laser-focused on only a few targets has backfired.

I think that actually losing Lauren and Michala hurts in ways not related to starters or winning, but in depth and the fact that Geno has said he'll look for walk ons to get a roster of 12 for next season indicates how much those 2 losses affect the team. If he only ends up with 2 kids for 2013, that gives us a roster of 10. That means 2 walk ons. If he gets less, well you can do the math...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think that actually losing Lauren and Michala hurts in ways not related to starters or winning, but in depth and the fact that Geno has said he'll look for walk ons to get a roster of 12 for next season indicates how much those 2 losses affect the team. If he only ends up with 2 kids for 2013, that gives us a roster of 10. That means 2 walk ons. If he gets less, well you can do the math...
I've been wondering about that. We right now, only have 8 players next year. It would seem for 2013 Freshmen looking for "playing time", that UCONN would be blinking like a neon sign on a Saturday night. Add in one would get to play with some incredible talent, with a real good chance to pick up some trophies. Seems like a gimme to me. (but then I'm not a 17 yo girl).

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
We need some sort of contest - will the men's board or women's board be the first to hit 100K?

The women's board has a lead, but it has been dwindling.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tony??

Here's my best Tony impression for you:

uconn will be to tuff for baylor and will go 39-0 this season. next season we'll go 39-0 as well and then go 39-0 for the next 10 seasons after that. kelly is the best defensive player since bill russell. KML will shoot 75% from three this year. breanna stewart has been the best player in wcbb since she was in the 8th grade. bria is better then skylar and sims....combined. stef will be the second best center in the country and kiah will be the third. buck will hold griner to -16 points when shes in the game. everyone else on the team is also better than anyone other teams have. uconn will then go on and win the WNBA title because WCBB is to boring. in 2014 well have a top 5 recruiting class meaning that all top five players in that class are coming. [additional hyperbole and optimism here, perhaps with a potshot taken at Tennessee as well]. yep i like our chances alot.

Seriously, I give Tony a hard time every once in a while, but that guy's the best.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We need some sort of contest - will the men's board or women's board be the first to hit 100K?

The women's board has a lead, but it has been dwindling.
The women's board took the lead due to the WNBA and interest in women's sports during the Olympics, but the men's board has had a ton to discuss what with the retirement of Jim C and the ensuing brave new world post-Jim. I am more than happy to cede the distinction of more active board if it means Geno coaches for another 15 years.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here's my best Tony impression for you:

uconn will be to tuff for baylor and will go 39-0 this season. next season we'll go 39-0 as well and then go 39-0 for the next 10 seasons after that. kelly is the best defensive player since bill russell. KML will shoot 75% from three this year. breanna stewart has been the best player in wcbb since she was in the 8th grade. bria is better then skylar and sims....combined. stef will be the second best center in the country and kiah will be the third. buck will hold griner to -16 points when shes in the game. everyone else on the team is also better than anyone other teams have. uconn will then go on and win the WNBA title because WCBB is to boring. in 2014 well have a top 5 recruiting class meaning that all top five players in that class are coming. [additional hyperbole and optimism here, perhaps with a potshot taken at Tennessee as well]. yep i like our chances alot.
Nice try, but you spelling gives you away. ;)

Seriously, I give Tony a hard time every once in a while, but that guy's the best.

So do I. :cool:

Reaction Score
Hey Ira - glad to see you back posting in full force lol. There have been some lively posts on here in the past month or so discussing some of the things you mentioned - Jon Fryer started a post on the starting lineups which led to some actual... disagreements I guess would be the best way to phrase it... :)

Everything right now is leading up to the super show. The staff seems to really be focusing on 2014 and I have a feeling 2013 will be a very very small class and Geno, true to his word, will look for walk ons or foreign players to fill out the roster. I'd not be surprised to see him head back into the JUCO ranks even tho his last few forays there were not successful. Instead of walkons i'm surprised he's not been looking at kids in the 30-60 range. This is one of the years where i think the strategy of being so laser-focused on only a few targets has backfired.

LOL thanks Eric:) I agree that the loss of Lsuren and Michaela does hurt us in ways not related to playing time,winning etc Being down to 8 at this point in time and the small group we know of that are being recruited is a problem! The most we can expect of the 3 is 2 and it could be one or none! Geno will have to look in the areas you suggested!

Having Lauren and Michaela gave us 2 kids for practice and both seemed very connected to their teammates! They also knew the system. Getting to 12 may be difficult depending on who we get! Geno may know already if we are getting Chong and or McCall. He may have possible walkons,Jucos,or likely
Canada,Euro kids in mind.

We cant/shoudnt go into the 2013 season with 8 regardless of how good the 8 are! I do think he was expecting Diamond and Tayla. We did look at others,but for whatever reasons
it didnt work out. Mercedes obviousely did not have interest and Mcvunga ended rather quickly! I also think some kids were scared off by the talent we have! Anyone wanting to start immediately is not going to be a fit! Now 2014 has huge potental if we get Wilson,Turner,Caldwell/Jordan to go with Ecklan and possibly Calhoun or Drummer!
Ira

Reaction Score
LOL thanks Eric:) I agree that the loss of Lsuren and Michaela does hurt us in ways not related to playing time,winning etc Being down to 8 at this point in time and the small group we know of that are being recruited is a problem! The most we can expect of the 3 is 2 and it could be one or none! Geno will have to look in the areas you suggested!

Having Lauren and Michaela gave us 2 kids for practice and both seemed very connected to their teammates! They also knew the system. Getting to 12 may be difficult depending on who we get! Geno may know already if we are getting Chong and or McCall. He may have possible walkons,Jucos,or likely
Canada,Euro kids in mind.

We cant/shoudnt go into the 2013 season with 8 regardless of how good the 8 are! I do think he was expecting Diamond and Tayla. We did look at others,but for whatever reasons
it didnt work out. Mercedes obviousely did not have interest and Mcvunga ended rather quickly! I also think some kids were scared off by the talent we have! Anyone wanting to start immediately is not going to be a fit! Now 2014 has huge potental if we get Wilson,Turner,Caldwell/Jordan to go with Ecklan and possibly Calhoun or Drummer!
Ira
Who is Ecklan??

Reaction Score
I also think that Geno will basically play the hand he has right now for 2013. Of course with Geno I am sure he keeps all his options open. We are off and running with # 9 Courtney Eckmark, who is going to get better and better, and will probably break every Arizona scoring record by the time she is through.
I wish we would have given Rebekah Dahlman some serious consideration. I just thought she was a no brainer slam dunk. She just called utenn and uminn she had withdrew them from consideration, and now she is down to just 3, Vandy, Florida, & Iowa State. She is now the All Time leading scorer in Minnesota High School Bball with another year left.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The women's board took the lead due to the WNBA and interest in women's sports during the Olympics, but the men's board has had a ton to discuss what with the retirement of Jim C and the ensuing brave new world post-Jim. I am more than happy to cede the distinction of more active board if it means Geno coaches for another 15 years.
Yeah, discussions on retirements and legal issues should subtract from the count, rather than add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom