Are You ready for some blow out basketball? !! | The Boneyard

Are You ready for some blow out basketball? !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Due to ND bigs injuries, Tuck is going to have a field day!

Reaction Score
Please don't post the rest of the day.

And, outside of those first few minutes, Tuck has been a non-factor.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a game! Not only was it NOT a blowout, but imagine what the score might have been if ND's best player (Turner) and other starting post player (Reimer) played! I'd say probably a ND win...!

Reaction Score
What a game! Not only was it NOT a blowout, but imagine what the score might have been if ND's best player (Turner) and other starting post player (Reimer) played! I'd say probably a ND win...!

If Turner was in the game then the Marbreys wouldn't have made that many treys, so it is hard to say. but I have to give it to ND and the sisters they played with no fear!

Reaction Score

With Turner and Reimer in the game ND wouldn't have been able to spread UConn out as much.

Reaction Score
Hard to say. Probably would have been a much different type of game - possibly not conducive to them taking 20 3's (amd MAKING 13 of them $#&%#¥&??????).

Reaction Score
AS long as we beat ND that makes me very happy. Ha ha ha. Thank you Stewy, Mo, Tuck and Kia! You guys again gutted out for us.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With Turner and Reimer in the game ND wouldn't have been able to spread UConn out as much.

UConn was murdered by ND's freshmen who combined for 14-22 shooting ( 6-7 3-pt). They get Patberg back next year and add Boley and Young. There's been a lot of talk that UConn needs more size in their upcoming classes, but I'm not sure it isn't better to continue to get long, versatile wings and guards.

Reaction Score
Big questions--about what would have been. If Reimer and Turner played, would the kid Mabrey have gone off on Uconn? Notre Dames game plan was almost as good as DePauls. Attack the basket, have 4 3 point shooter on the floor at all times. Don't let Uconn score down low and let Uconn try to score from the 3. I agree with all you say Eric!!!
I never ever ever counted ND as a blow out. Muffet, like Geno ,, always has something new to add and make the other coach think. Geno--typically lets the other team run up a bit on the scoreboard in the first half, then puts the clamps down in the second. It does not allow the other coach an opportunity at half time to make adjustments.
Damn--I missed Stokes in this game.

Reaction Score
When you shoot like that from 3, most teams expect to win. The fact that twice in a row the opponent has had great success from distance and still lost by double digits says a lot. It means if you shoot lights out you can hang within 10-15 points of this team, and if you don't, expect to lose by 40-50. I think we'll be OK. Kia will go back to being Kia, and I think KLS just might steal that 5th starting spot yet, and if she can become Stewie-lite with respect to the versatility in her game, look out.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
If Turner was in the game then the Marbreys wouldn't have made that many treys, so it is hard to say. but I have to give it to ND and the sisters they played with no fear!
Not necessarily. ND always had a big in the game. So instead of Westbeld trying unsuccessfully to defend Stewie for her 33 minutes, Turner could have played that role, and added a bit of post offense in the process. I think that substitution would have made ND a stronger team today, with Westbeld subbing for her (instead of Nelson coming in).

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If ND shoots a reasonable (good) 40% on threes, UConn wins by 25. They are not likely to have another game like this all season. Or ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom