Are you content with just being good? | The Boneyard

Are you content with just being good?

Reaction Score
I’m gonna be honest I think some of you are. I won’t mention any names but it does feel that there are posters who care more about overreactive posts then they do about UConn winning.

Do you want UConn to be great again or are you just like ehh UConn is good their in the tournament and I’m content with that.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna be honest I think some of you are. I won’t mention any names but it does feel that there are posters who care more about overreactive posts then they do about UConn winning.

Do you want UConn to be great again or are you just like ehh UConn is good their in the tournament and I’m content with that.
I want UConn to be great, I would probably be content with being good. We clearly aren't a good team right now.

Reaction Score

Let’s revisit this in a month. This team could easily miss the tournament with the upcoming schedule and this level of play.

Reaction Score
Let’s revisit this in a month. This team could easily miss the tournament with the upcoming schedule and this level of play.
Winning 20 games before the Big East tourney is all I ask right now. Bad weeks do happen it’s a matter of how you respond.

Reaction Score

I’ll answer that question when we get to be good

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Our ceiling is good with Hurley. But in year 4, we're not even that.

If we want to get back to contending for championships, then we need a new coach. Hurley isn't the guy.

Reaction Score
How did Shaka take a dysfunctional Marquette team and turn them into a legit top 10 team in less than a year, and here we are in year 4 of Hurley getting embarrassed on national TV. Hurley did a great job digging us out of the abyss, beyond that, nothing.

Reaction Score
Patience is a dirty word to some people. We’re better now than 2years ago. We got spoiled by JC and forget how hard it is getting to the next level. With Donavan and co. coming in we’re only gonna make us better.
Hurley scares me with his antics sometimes, but the program is trending up and that’s what matters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I could live with them just being good if they were enjoyable to watch and got the most out of their talent.

But that simply hasn’t been the case the past two seasons. While this is not a contending roster, they should be better than what we’re seeing. It’s also baffling the freshmen seem to be held to different standards for playing time than the upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
Patience is a dirty word to some people. We’re better now than 2years ago. We got spoiled by JC and forget how hard it is getting to the next level. With Donavan and co. coming in we’re only gonna make us better.
Hurley scares me with his antics sometimes, but the team is trending up and that’s what matters.

Trending up from what? We had no where to go but up. Is the ceiling what he did at URI? Lookin' like it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hurley scares me with his antics sometimes, but the program is trending up and that’s what matters.
We’re trending down. Last years team smokes this years.

Reaction Score
Nah, give me this year's team any day. Even if that might only mean winning round 1 instead of losing
At least we’re not a one man team this year. Sanogo’s clearly better, AJ, Cole, and if good Ty comes through in the dance, we’ll make some noise.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We were in the dance last year. We’ll be back again this year. We’re a top 5 BE team. We need some parts obviously, but some of you act like we’re going nowhere. I don’t agree.
If we’re a worse seed I’d call it regression. We’re also hanging on the arse of the top 5 right now.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I'm on @Scoe's flowers and sunshine list or not, but I do think it was fair to be content prior to the Creighton game: 15-4 with the four losses, while all heartbreaking, were hard fought games.

I also believe it's fair for the fanbase to be high prior to the Creighton game, despite the soft five game straight of games we played. I didn't think we were a top-10 team, but if that was your opinion, there was plenty of parity in college basketball to argue that and not look like a crazy person.

However, we've just experienced two straight STINKERS. I'm mad and we are all mad and looking ahead of our schedule, there's no reason not to be worried right now.

Reaction Score
No one here is content just being good, we all want to be the best.

Only difference is that most of us don't come on here and have a mental breakdown after every L. "I won't mention any names"

Tough game to watch but happy Hawkins had that run at the end.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
No one here is content just being good, we all want to be the best.

Only difference is that most of us don't come on here and have a mental breakdown after every L. "I won't mention any names"

We're not going to be the best if we can't recruit the right pieces or have a coach that dominates on GameDay. We need one of those two if we want to get deep in the tournament again. Right now we have neither.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom