Are we in for a year of hype? | The Boneyard

Are we in for a year of hype?

Reaction Score
Ooh, I hope so!

On the other hand, weren’t we the presumptive overall #1 seed going into March in Paige’s freshman year, having defeated SC and Tennessee earlier in the season? It was a glorious season, even if it didn’t end exactly as we all hoped.

Reaction Score
Given how injuries have seriously affected this team for not one but two seasons now, I think all this talk is seriously bad mojo.

I could now write a sentence beginning with the words, "All it would take is...." and enumerate a couple or three disastrous possibilities," but I won't, because you all know what I mean. We've seen it before.

Instead, I'd suggest that everyone look forward to what could be a wonderful ride and enjoy it as it happens. Savor each game, knowing you can't really predict what'll happen in the next one. Having said that, I have to agree with the others who said they can't wait for the season to begin. I can't, either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Given how injuries have seriously affected this team for not one but two seasons now, I think all this talk is seriously bad mojo.

I could now write a sentence beginning with the words, "All it would take is...." and enumerate a couple or three disastrous possibilities," but I won't, because you all know what I mean. We've seen it before.

Instead, I'd suggest that everyone look forward to what could be a wonderful ride and enjoy it as it happens. Savor each game, knowing you can't really predict what'll happen in the next one. Having said that, I have to agree with the others who said they can't wait for the season to begin. I can't, either.
Why? are people supposed to totally ignore the fact that ESPN has both teams picked preseason as #1? And how will fans enjoy the season any less (or more) by not discussing how strong an injury free team should be next season? If "all the talk that is seriously bad mojo" were restricted, about half the threads on the board currently would disappear. :confused:

Hell, even Geno has pushed the hype. Why not enjoy the ride and be confident? We can do all of that, and still savor every game.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When was the last time a men's team won consecutive titles?! It has been 15 years so ... maybe it is time! They seem to be spaced about that range - Duke in 1991-92, and Florida in 2006-7.

Reaction Score
Hype or no hype, all I know is it's been way too long since UConn WBB last won a national championship...........time for the basketball gods to let this team stay healthy enough to regain their proper place with next season's title.....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Don't most championship years begin with some degree of hype? :eek:

Reaction Score
Either it is a championship year, which I really hope, or not, the next title will have a record, the number of years between two championships ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom