Are UConn opponents physical against other teams? | The Boneyard

Are UConn opponents physical against other teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do teams like ND and MD play like this against other teams? Lot’s of pushing and lot’s of elbows, followed by complaining about the call. We seem to get pushed around quite a bit and sustain injuries. I want to state that the elbow Nika took was not intentional, at least thats how I saw it. Despite the physical play we usually win.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, it’s been like this for decades. Honestly, it was worse in the old Big East. Rutgers, Louisville, ND, St John’s…every game, every opponent was a battle

Anyone remember the one Baylor fan cried for months because mean ol’ Louisville was too rough? LOL, UConn played Louisville 2-3 times a year without a single fan tear

Kat

Reaction Score
It does seem to be a ND tradition but they're not the only ones who like to go that extra shove. I watched the South Carolina vs Stanford game. It was pretty physical, but clean, for most of the game. When SC got behind late, though, they really got chippy, knocking some Cardinal players to the floor. Both teams did some flopping too. That needs to be curtailed by the refs.

Reaction Score
Do teams like ND and MD play like this against other teams? Lot’s of pushing and lot’s of elbows, followed by complaining about the call. We seem to get pushed around quite a bit and sustain injuries. I want to state that the elbow Nika took was not intentional, at least thats how I saw it. Despite the physical play we usually win.
We have won after "physical play", but losing after the rough stuff hurts worse on the losing end. And suffering injury after an intentional foul, is beyond horrific. One of the news reports touted the Maryland victory as an"Historic Win." In the context of it being the first one out of 7 losses. I guess it qualifies, but a battle of equals, it wasn't. After years of dominating teams, I can understand the joy of the payback, and if it's your first one, congratulations. See you next time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom