Are the UConn Huskies title contenders? - Locked On College Basketball | The Boneyard

Are the UConn Huskies title contenders? - Locked On College Basketball

Reaction Score
Never heard of these guys but nice to not only see love for UConn everywhere but also Andre Jackson love from everyone despite averaging like 3 points per game. Can’t wait for someone put out a AJ highlight reel after the year. Is becoming one of if not my favorite UConn players ever.

Reaction Score
Interesting that they made no comments on Clingan/Karaban/Hawkins/Alleyne when talking about UConn depth.. Nevertheless.. They were still bullish on Huskies

Reaction Score
Never heard of these guys but nice to not only see love for UConn everywhere but also Andre Jackson love from everyone despite averaging like 3 points per game. Can’t wait for someone put out a AJ highlight reel after the year. Is becoming one of if not my favorite UConn players ever.
Andre is a special player who can impact a game in a significant way without scoring. Magic was like that also as were a few others mostly with passing and BB IQ.
As a guy that love’s defense it’s incredible to see
ours go from 15,000 feet to 30,000 ft , 50mph to 100mph or 25PSI to 75PSI when he steps on the floor.
If he thought it was an honor being mentioned with the Burrell’s and Ricky’s of lore. They will consider it an honor to be mentioned with him before he is done.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Only listened to a couple of minutes, but there are roughly 30 teams that are legitimate national title contenders at this point in the season. No one looks dominant, and this year is wide open.

Reaction Score
Only listened to a couple of minutes, but there are roughly 30 teams that are legitimate national title contenders at this point in the season. No one looks dominant, and this year is wide open.
I haven't seen a deeper team then UConn yet out there, and to Hurley's credit he is using his depth masterfully this year.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
looks like someone else figgered out that the field is el stinko. major p-u.
cagey veteran teams, and wild, unformed young but talented ones can be counted on to periodically mix up the mess with unexpected wins.
so far, i find that the xavier squad is highly intriguing. highly. legit weapons at all three spots -guard, forward, and center.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
looks like someone else figgered out that the field is el stinko. major p-u.
cagey veteran teams, and wild, unformed young but talented ones can be counted on to periodically mix up the mess with unexpected wins.
so far, i find that the xavier squad is highly intriguing. highly. legit weapons at all three spots -guard, forward, and center.
If they learn to defend they are really good. Because they can score.

Reaction Score
NCAA Tournament Bracket predictions as of Nov 30th.. Highly speculative of course.. Has UConn as a #3 seed coming out of the East (NYC bracket)..

Nothing to see here other than how we might be trending re: BB guys from around the country

Reaction Score
1669858925600.gif

Reaction Score
A team ranked #8 will always be a title contender.

It's November 30, if we are still #8 in 2 months time then we'll really be rocking

Reaction Score
Interesting that they made no comments on Clingan/Karaban/Hawkins/Alleyne when talking about UConn depth.. Nevertheless.. They were still bullish on Huskies
They mentioned Clingan (not the others).

They said we might be witnessing a center (Sanogo) get player of the year and his back up (Clingan) gets freshman of the year. They were t sure if that’s ever happened before - same position, same team…

I haven’t looked at the other freshman around the league but after Clingan’s latest MVP awards he’s surely going to have some eyeballs on him during the season. Karaban too, respectfully.

Reaction Score
They mentioned Clingan (not the others).

They said we might be witnessing a center (Sanogo) get player of the year and his back up (Clingan) gets freshman of the year. They were t sure if that’s ever happened before - same position, same team…

I haven’t looked at the other freshman around the league but after Clingan’s latest MVP awards he’s surely going to have some eyeballs on him during the season. Karaban too, respectfully.

Fun stats from BE freshmen so far -

PPG leaders:
  1. Alex Karaban - 10.4
  2. Donovan Clingan - 9.5
  3. Sean Jones (Marquette) - 5.9

RPG leaders:
  1. Donovan Clingan - 7.0
  2. Tae Davis (Seton Hall) - 4.3
  3. Alex Karaban - 3.3

APG leaders:
  1. Alex Karaban - 2.1
  2. Sean Jones - 1.6
  3. Desmond Claude (Xavier) - 1.3
BPG leaders:
  1. Donovan Clingan - 2.3
  2. Alex Karaban - 0.8
  3. Pierce Thomas (Butler) - 0.4
FG%:
  1. Donovan Clingan - 70.5%
  2. Pierce Thomas - 50%
  3. Alex Karaban - 48.2%

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Andre is a special player who can impact a game in a significant way without scoring. Magic was like that also as were a few others mostly with passing and BB IQ.
ours go from 15,000 feet to 30,000 ft , 50mph to 100mph or 25PSI to 75PSI when he steps on the floor.
If he thought it was an honor being mentioned with the Burrell’s and Ricky’s of lore. They will consider it an honor to be mentioned with him before he is done.

What I've noticed with AJ, now in year 3, is regardless of whom the color analyst is, it only takes a few plays each game for the color analyst to call out AJ and notice he is a superior athlete to all others on the court. Hear it once or twice and you think the announcers are prone to hyperbole or just spicing up the game. Hear it every game from every analyst and you start to realize he has a unique skillset that those who follow the game are always impressed by it.

Reaction Score
They are. Dec 31 will tell us a lot as I think Xavier is better than some bball fans might think and if we grab that first win vs Creighton on January 7th I think we can start thinking really big. Dec 29 to January 7th is huge, if we walk away from that juncture of the season still feeling impressed, expectations will jump a great deal.

Reaction Score

He's good, really good at times but Ricky will never be honored. Sorry Ricky when asked to lock down did just that all game. AJ is really good, but does get beat off the dribble more than Ricky ever was. I do like the Scotty ability to guard many positions no doubt but Ricky has his own island for me.

Reaction Score
He's good, really good at times but Ricky will never be honored. Sorry Ricky when asked to lock down did just that all game. AJ is really good, but does get beat off the dribble more than Ricky ever was. I do like the Scotty ability to guard many positions no doubt but Ricky has his own island for me.
Bumped into Ricky at a watering hole in Manchester while he was still on staff at UConn.. Was wearing his UConn gear so I introduced myself to him and had a quick five minute conversation. Very cool/mellow/modest guy. Complimented him on his career, etc. And asked about the Duke NCAA title game. Says he begged Calhoun to put him on Langdon with 5 seconds to go.. Got the travel call with tough D/footwork.. The rest is history. Was cool for me.. Bought him a beer and thanked him.

Reaction Score
I may have to give these guys some more attention, I really enjoyed their extended UConn discussion.

I’ve been a long-time listener to Three Man Weave but I just don’t think I can do it anymore. They’re fun personalities but are wholly and completely Big Ten-centric with a sprinkle of Duke/UNC. In their most recent episode recapping MTEs, there was over 10 minutes of Purdue discussion (and numerous mentions of Indiana, Illinois, even Rutgers) but not a SINGLE utterance of “UConn.” Dauster needs to give them a stern talking-to.

Reaction Score
I just hope he gets the chance for a "Ricky steal" at the exact moment of the season as was RM's.

Reaction Score
Direct from Alaska: "All my love".

TL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom