are people going to the BET this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

are people going to the BET this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am boycotting my attendance and any TV time. They can kiss my ass!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Sweet 16: Uconn v. Washington 06
Elight 8: Uconn v. Mizz. 09
Final Four: Uconn v. Duke 04
N.C. Game: Uconn v. Duke 99; Uconn v. Butler 11

(Note: I'm too young to remember great Uconn tourney games prior to 99 (these are the ones that immediately stand out to me...so let me know what I'm blatantly missing.)
I like this idea, but as for the Washington game in 06 -- other than the Rashad shot that was an uncommonly painful basketball game to watch. As was that entire tournament.

Reaction Score
I like this idea, but as for the Washington game in 06 -- other than the Rashad shot that was an uncommonly painful basketball game to watch. As was that entire tournament.

No arguments with any of that. I remember the game being a nerve-wracking nightmare, but that's it. I don't remember the details simply because of the shot. It was a singularly incredible moment in a tournament that I try my best to forget. That's why I included it. The furious late comeback capped off by a shot I still can see in my head vividly.

Reaction Score
No chance, and no TV. Same for NCAA's. Although I can see myself softening on that and rooting against all the teams that I hate.

Which will be all of them.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Sweet 16: Uconn v. Washington 06
Elight 8: Uconn v. Mizz. 09
Final Four: Uconn v. Duke 04
N.C. Game: Uconn v. Duke 99; Uconn v. Butler 11

(Note: I'm too young to remember great Uconn tourney games prior to 99 (these are the ones that immediately stand out to me...so let me know what I'm blatantly missing.)

Alternatives:

Sweet 16: UConn v. Clemson 1990
Sweet 16: UConn v. Washington 1998
Sweet 16: UConn v. Maryland 1995
Elite 8: UConn v. Gonzaga 1999
Final 4: UConn v. Kentucky 2011

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been debating whether to go or not this year....What are other people's thoughts on this?

My take is that if you think you would have a good time, go. Is a "protest" that no one notices really a protest? Myself, I couldn't go because both teams in a given game can't lose. I hate 'em all. Except maybe USF and Cincy. But USF has no chance and Mick Cronin is creepy.

Reaction Score
I've been debating whether to go or not this year. My first instinct is to not attend in protest, or stand outside MSG with a message board protesting our exclusion, conference realignment, whatever else, but when all is said and done it's one of my favorite events of the year and I will probably make it in for the thursday games. Maybe a strong UConn presence despite our not being invited will be a good idea. What are other people's thoughts on this?
Me and my buddies have been to EVERY BET since 1986.....and we aren't going this year. F them

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I saved the 'cuse game to watch during March Madness. Maybe we should declare certain past Husky wins to be watched on specific days. I have to believe that we can find them online, maybe on CBSMOD? Just an idea. I haven't worried about this during the season, but I am beginning to realize just how much it will suck.
I have the cuse, Michigan st, and the Cincinnati game all saved on my dvr for when I get depressed or drunk!

Reaction Score
Did Athletics offer BET tix for sale? If so, curious to know how many were sold.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes I'm going. The tickets are sold - me skipping doesn't hurt them. I'm not under APR sanctions.

I have way too many great friends who roll with Rutgers and Marquette and Seton Hall who I attend with. The only person who gets hurt if I skip is me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom