are people going to the BET this year? | The Boneyard

are people going to the BET this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been debating whether to go or not this year. My first instinct is to not attend in protest, or stand outside MSG with a message board protesting our exclusion, conference realignment, whatever else, but when all is said and done it's one of my favorite events of the year and I will probably make it in for the thursday games. Maybe a strong UConn presence despite our not being invited will be a good idea. What are other people's thoughts on this?

Reaction Score
I've been debating whether to go or not this year. My first instinct is to not attend in protest, or stand outside MSG with a message board protesting our exclusion, conference realignment, whatever else, but when all is said and done it's one of my favorite events of the year and I will probably make it in for the thursday games. Maybe a strong UConn presence despite our not being invited will be a good idea. What are other people's thoughts on this?

I like the protesting idea, but as others have stated (WillB4 in particular), let's hurt them money wise. UConn always had a lot of fans in attendance.

'em.

Reaction Score
No, This tournament should have an "asterisk" attached to it as all conference schools were not allowed to attend(UCONN), the the tourney winner is not 100% legitimate. Plus, It is cheaper to watch on TV and maybe send a little money to UCONN for the new practice facility.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
A10 Tournament is in Brooklyn at the same time. That is where I will be, and I'd recommend it to anyone with a CBB and NYC itch in March, as it will be a good one. Also attending part of the MAAC Tournament in Springfield the week before.

Thought about going to a little of the BET, to try and pull the BE/A10 double in one day (go to one session of each). But the BET is going to be like a wake. Screw that.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I don't want to see a single Husky fan at MSG, and I don't want a single television in Connecticut tuned in to any BE or NCAA tourney games. Don't reward their shenanigans with viewership or ticket money. F 'em.

Reaction Score
I thought the B.E. Tournament was cancelled this year. At least in my head it is!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hell no. The men's BET is dead to me...at least for this year.

Reaction Score
i guess that's a pretty overwhelming consensus. i can definitely see the thought process there, but when i see injustice i usually prefer to confront it rather than turn the other cheek. maybe i'll make a "free jonathan" t-shirt with him behind bars and a list of all of our BE championships underneath or something, just to rub in how badly we owned their conference.

Reaction Score
Go see the women instead

Agree. Hell, we have Quinipiac, Fairfield, Central and yes even the Seawolves of Stony Brook (with ex Husky as their coach) to root for. Seriously, screw the BET.

Reaction Score
Aresco is making a colossal mistake by not having the top team in the conference attend the BET this year. He does not seem to understand how PO'd Husky fans are. If he does know, he may have a sense that UConn is as good as gone, and if not that, then he is about to move on himself and he simply doesn't give a fig.

Reaction Score
Why should we support the BE when they piled on the NCAA double ruling? Don't give them our money! They will see UConn $ missing this year.

Can't say it better myself. The idea of giving them a cent of my money repulses me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I saved the 'cuse game to watch during March Madness. Maybe we should declare certain past Husky wins to be watched on specific days. I have to believe that we can find them online, maybe on CBSMOD? Just an idea. I haven't worried about this during the season, but I am beginning to realize just how much it will suck.

Reaction Score
I saved the 'cuse game to watch during March Madness. Maybe we should declare certain past Husky wins to be watched on specific days. I have to believe that we can find them online, maybe on CBSMOD? Just an idea. I haven't worried about this during the season, but I am beginning to realize just how much it will suck.

Sweet 16: Uconn v. Washington 06
Elight 8: Uconn v. Mizz. 09
Final Four: Uconn v. Duke 04
N.C. Game: Uconn v. Duke 99; Uconn v. Butler 11

(Note: I'm too young to remember great Uconn tourney games prior to 99 (these are the ones that immediately stand out to me...so let me know what I'm blatantly missing.)

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
http://vault.ncaa.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22