Are long spandex pants under your BB shorts... | The Boneyard

Are long spandex pants under your BB shorts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No that's every player for the last 3 years, mostly.

Actually until Larrier we didn't have many guys doing it, almost the exception. Boat, Hamilton, Purvis none of them wear them, I think Bazz may have a few times but mostly he didn't either.

I think going back to Daniels actually, so it's def not "new."

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It keeps you from "cramping" at least thats what they tell you.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Apparently it also keeps you from getting a rebound.

Haha, I just spit up my whiskey reading your post while Larrier banks in a 3 simultaneously.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
image.jpg
My guess is the their padded girdle pads designed for basketball players. The pros are wearing them and there's a couple articles online about the protective equipment basketball players are wearing these days. I actually bought my kid a pair this week.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
View attachment 16815 My guess is the their padded girdle pads designed for basketball players. The pros are wearing them and there's a couple articles online about the protective equipment basketball players are wearing these days. I actually bought my kid a pair this week.

There is some of that in the NBA, but the majority of what we see in college and HS, for instance Larrier tonight, is just Nike 3/4 length spandex - - compression shorts.

C

chiller99.5

Some guys will wear any crap with brand name on it....Study out on compression garments, like shorts, sleeves etc says its a placebo effect.

Reaction Score
Actually while it may have some healthy reasons behind it I also believe it's a "looking good" thing too for kids these days. My son wore them in his college uni last year and they did look ok if you wear the right socks . His was purely trying to look the part I promise not about cramps. I mean when we were playing it was the striped socks stretched to the knee with another pair over them only showing a stripe or 2, and also wrist bands of matching colors. I mean every athlete has the "hot dog" in them right?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Actually while it may have some healthy reasons behind it I also believe it's a "looking good" thing too for kids these days. My son wore them in his college uni last year and they did look ok if you wear the right socks . His was purely trying to look the part I promise not about cramps. I mean when we were playing it was the striped socks stretched to the knee with another pair over them only showing a stripe or 2, and also wrist bands of matching colors. I mean every athlete has the "hot dog" in them right?

Tell us more about your inner "hot dog!".....or maybe not. Nevermind. I get what you are saying and you are so right, style over substance rules for the most part.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yeah at this point, kids think it looks cool.

When I'm able to play, or my version of it nowadays, I do wear them and it feels better on my legs, but I wouldn't say its a huge thing...it started with old man Stackhouse wearing full length spandex pants, in the mid 2000s I'd say. Then younger players made it "cool."

So I'd say both are right in a way, it's a "health" or performance issue but also def a "cool" issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom