Are any fans from other schools looking for another fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are any fans from other schools looking for another fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure why some of you are so caught up on the whole population thing. There is also this little thingy called AAU that some of you forget.

How about recruiting grounds? NJ has some awesome school programs which develop athletes unlike CT. NJ population is exactly 2.5x the size of CT....yet, NJ produces 10x the talent.

Hell, Iowa and Nebraska have tiny populations yet they are in the big10.

Stadium size?
Attendance? (RU had 20k at spring game...didn't UCONN only have 1k?)

There are tons of reasons and not just the population

Yes Nebraska is killing it in the AAU, I heard they made the AAU deans list once they were in the B1G...... .... Oh wait, that was when they were forced out by their new conference mates. My bad.

Go back to sniffing your own farts on scarletnation.com if you want to continue to feel that AAU was a bigger factor that population (which was basically the only factor)

Reaction Score
Yes Nebraska is killing it in the AAU, I heard they made the AAU deans list once they were in the B1G...... .... Oh wait, that was when they were forced out by their new conference Mates. My bad.

Go back to sniffing your own farts on scarletnation.com if you want to continue to feel that AAU was a bigger factor that population (which was basically the only factor)

Cool. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Reaction Score
Doesn't NY have a larger population than NJ? Why didn't the big10 select Syracuse? How about the flagship NY university Binghamton?
The BIG10 is looking for the NYC market and that's it, that's why they selected Rutgers over Syracuse. Also, what is Rutgers better at then UConn with the exception of football (which isn't that big of a gap) - men's and women's hoops, baseball, soccer, academics? The answer is UConn is better in all the above. But Football is driving the whole conference realignment and Rutgers is a little better in football and located closer to the NYC market. Also, yesterday you made a point that you see Rutgers car stickers all the time in fairfield county. I grew up and have lived in ffld court for 32 yrs and see far more UConn stickers then Rutgers. I also work in finance and not sure what you are talking about when you say there are a lot of Rutgers grads working on Wall Street - I know there are but I don't think or ever met one so it seems you are posting opinion more ten facts like any other fan.

Reaction Score
Have lived in Fairfield for the past 10 years and the only R stickers I see are on the way up to UConn home games. Outside of that I never see R stickers and I'm on 95 and the Merritt almost everyday. FWIW even when i go to Durty Jersey I rarely see that R. (Will say I do like the R on the helmet and I did like the simple block C on ours.) Used to casually root for BC years ago (despise them now) and used to casually root for RU in out of conf games (despise them now too).

One more thing I was in total not care mode on the AAC but was impressed by the showing on the ESPN blogs today.

Reaction Score
Attendance? (RU had 20k at spring game...didn't UCONN only have 1k?)

UConn's spring game wasn't a game, it was essentially an open practice and drew about 3k (which still isn't near good).

Reaction Score
Right. It's HFD and not the fact that the conference we all loved for 30+ seasons no longer exists, we were downgraded to a mid major, and our football program has a dead man walking in charge.

I truly wish HFD would tone it down a notch on some things, but man, he does have a lot of valid points on things that are beyond simple to fix within our programs.

You won't find too many people disagree that we are in a tough position right now.

The problem is bitching and moaning in every thread, everyday won't change a flipping thing. Nada, zip, Zilch.

As a matter of fact what goes on around here hurts the program. How is that you ask?

There are people that are interested in learning more about UConn football. Their friend may have gotten season tickets for Father's Day and it got them curious.

They come across this board, and in short, they say duck* that. The football ain't nothing.

You punch in -UConn football forums- in Google and guess what comes up number one? The Boneyard.

If I was thinking about following UConn football and found this place I would kill myself before I went to a game.

So anyone with a condom in his name supporting HFD...STFU. HFD is an attention seeking phony who could give 2 *s if UConn ever won a game.

I'm amazed the people who run this board allow him to drive people away.

The rest of you whiners can go hang out with HFD at the next circle jerk. We get it. It sucks. Look up the serenity prayer.

Reaction Score
The boneyard allows for frackheads from RU, SU, and UL, to come here daily and badmouth our program, I don't always agree with Dan, and agree that incessant bitching and whining has gotten old, but i wouldn't be in favor of sensorship either.

It sucks, lets try to enjoy the upcoming season. It iscthe only thing we can control.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You won't find too many people disagree that we are in a tough position right now.

The problem is bitching and moaning in every thread, everyday won't change a flipping thing. Nada, zip, Zilch.

As a matter of fact what goes on around here hurts the program. How is that you ask?

There are people that are interested in learning more about UConn football. Their friend may have gotten season tickets for Father's Day and it got them curious.

They come across this board, and in short, they say f* that. The football ain't nothing.

You punch in -UConn football forums- in Google and guess what comes up number one? The Boneyard.

If I was thinking about following UConn football and found this place I would kill myself before I went to a game.

So anyone with a condom in his name supporting HFD...STFU. HFD is an attention seeking phony who could give 2 *s if UConn ever won a game.

I'm amazed the people who run this board allow him to drive people away.

The rest of you whiners can go hang out with HFD at the next circle jerk. We get it. It sucks. Look up the serenity prayer.

What are you even talking about? Perspective fans are going to Google UConn football to research whether to be a fan or not and then because of one fan on the team's message board, they are going to pack it in?

Come on.

If you don't like HFD, just say he sucks and ignore him. Making claims that he may be driving away potential fans is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
The boneyard allows for frackheads from RU, SU, and UL, to come here daily and badmouth our program, I don't always agree with Dan, and agree that incessant bitching and whining has gotten old, but i wouldn't be in favor of sensorship either.

It sucks, lets try to enjoy the upcoming season. It iscthe only thing we can control.

It will be impossible to enjoy this season unless we start out 2-1 or better. It's not about censorship, it's about being reasonable and about contribution to the forum.

It's kind of like being in a movie theater, after paying $10, and having an idiot yell fire. After evacuating the theater a number of times the movie is ruined and in the end, you're watching it alone.

The people who whine on here day after day and month after month are here for one reason and one reason only.

No one else will pay attention to them because all they do is whine about life to them.

My question to the people that are so unhappy is this.

If the situation that UConn athletics has been dealt makes you so unhappy why do you bother even following them? Your p**sing and moaning will change nothing.

This season may be a tough one. No need to make it worse. The BY has already seen a drop off in regulars who used to post often. By the end of this season this board will probably be too much for many of us.

Reaction Score
What are you even talking about? Perspective fans are going to Google UConn football to research whether to be a fan or not and then because of one fan on the team's message board, they are going to pack it in?

Come on.

If you don't like HFD, just say he sucks and ignore him. Making claims that he may be driving away potential fans is ridiculous.

Reading is fundamental. I didn't say HFD alone was the problem. I said "as a matter of fact what goes on around here hurts the program".

One less beer and some glasses might be helpful.

Reaction Score
sportsart, this place already has a rep for being psycho amongst UConn fans who don't come here and know of it.

And I mean people who actually go to football games, sit in expensive seats and enjoy the games for what they are. Not cry about every single damn detail.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Rutgers is a punchline, but a punchline in a heavily-populated state. They didn't win their way into the Big Ten - they are the Paris Hilton of college sports....low on talent, devoid of achievement and yet set for life. At least she put out a blow job video - Rutgers is still waiting for their breakthrough moment. (Although in the past century of collegiate athletics, they've swallowed their own nuts too often to count.)

2) Dan is an idiot. He is occasionally an affable idiot. He needs to post less and think more.

Reaction Score
When if comes to dealing with adversity I've found there's generally 3 types of people. Some just accept whatever happened and deal with it. Some actually do something to change what they don't like, and take pro-active steps at handling the situation. Then there's people like HFD who just bitch endlessly to anyone that will listen about how upset they are that things didn't go their way. I'll give you one guess which type is the most annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom