Are any fans from other schools looking for another fan | The Boneyard

Are any fans from other schools looking for another fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Attention any fans from other schools reading this forum, please take HuskyfanDan with you. Don't get me wrong, I want to see as many UConn fans as possible but I just can't take his bitching and moaning any longer. A Rutgers fan recently posted on this board and there was a lot of back and forth going on with the UConn fans making their case for its school and the Rutgers fans making their case. Then chimes in HFD with UConn ducking sucks -Rutgers has this and that and what does UConn have? He was way worse then the Ruthers fan. I'm sick of his uneducated, dumb posts that bash UConn. Very rarely do I see him post anything that is well thought out (if you are going to criticize UConn at least make a good point that is well thought out). PLEASE take HFD with you.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Lol.

Uconn vs rutgers:

Enrollment size?
Miles to nyc from main campus?
Bigger football stadium?
Closer to nfl stadium?
Cooler uniforms?
Tougher dike in charge?
Draft picks lately?
Other sports sucess?
History/tradition?
And so on. I like uconn but get real.

Reaction Score
Attention any fans from other schools reading this forum, please take HuskyfanDan with you. Don't get me wrong, I want to see as many UConn fans as possible but I just can't take his bitching and moaning any longer. A Rutgers fan recently posted on this board and there was a lot of back and forth going on with the UConn fans making their case for its school and the Rutgers fans making their case. Then chimes in HFD with UConn ducking sucks -Rutgers has this and that and what does UConn have? He was way worse then the Ruthers fan. I'm sick of his uneducated, dumb posts that bash UConn. Very rarely do I see him post anything that is well thought out (if you are going to criticize UConn at least make a good point that is well thought out). PLEASE take HFD with you.

Reaction Score
MarkT,
nice try
HFD is poured into the cement around this place
why don't you go find another team to root for?
piss off

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
See mark, rutgers fans dont even want me. Why u ask? Well im not a tranny. Thats why.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
MarkT,
nice try
HFD is poured into the cement around this place
why don't you go find another team to root for?
piss off
Hfd is the reason that many long time denizens only check in once or twice a week now. I would love it if he was indeed "poured in to the cement" and no longer posted. The boneyard is basically unreadable nowadays and he's one of the primary reasons.

Reaction Score
Hfd is the reason that many long time denizens only check in once or twice a week now. I would love it if he was indeed "poured in to the cement" and no longer posted. The boneyard is basically unreadable nowadays and he's one of the primary reasons.
I respectfully disagree CA
place was a ghost town in his absence
he's a true fan (who gets it)
regrettably, he's in the minority around this place...

Reaction Score
See mark, rutgers fans dont even want me. Why u ask? Well im not a tranny. Thats why.
well Dan,
I ain't no Rutgirls fan (perhaps I give your coherence too much credit?)

just an equal oppt'y truth dealer

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Right. It's HFD and not the fact that the conference we all loved for 30+ seasons no longer exists, we were downgraded to a mid major, and our football program has a dead man walking in charge.

I truly wish HFD would tone it down a notch on some things, but man, he does have a lot of valid points on things that are beyond simple to fix within our programs.

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree CA
place was a ghost town in his absence
he's a true fan (who gets it)
regrettably, he's in the minority around this place...
We're still going to games and won't give up. Yes, he is in the minority.

Place was serene without him.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Right. It's HFD and not the fact that the conference we all loved for 30+ seasons no longer exists, we were downgraded to a mid major, and our football program has a dead man walking in charge.

I truly wish HFD would tone it down a notch on some things, but man, he does have a lot of valid points on things that are beyond simple to fix within our programs.
Your entitled to your opinion. I've accepted our short term conference affiliation and its done very little to dampen my love or excitement for UCONN sports. Dealing with overzealous 18 year old knowitalls like HFD has lessened my enjoyment more than any conference realignment. Just my opinion but I'm guessing I'm not the only long time yarder who is choosing to spend less time here. Perhaps it's just the natural progression of things but I'm sad to see the torch being passed to such a gang of s.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Your entitled to your opinion. I've accepted our short term conference affiliation and its done very little to dampen my love or excitement for UCONN sports. Dealing with overzealous 18 year old knowitalls like HFD has lessened my enjoyment more than any conference realignment. Just my opinion but I'm guessing I'm not the only long time yarder who is choosing to spend less time here perhaps it's just the natural progression of things. I'm sad to see the torch being passed to such a gang of s.

If you don't like HFD, just ignore him? Not sure who you mean by the gang of s, but even though I disagree with a lot of opinions on The Yard, this is still by far the best place to talk UConn sports on the internet.

People are on edge with the conference situation, the NCAA ban, the Pasqualoni era and hell even the damn new Husky, so that all has combined to make the Yard a lot more hostile than I've ever seen it (I found the Boneyard in like 2006/2007).

I just think UConn fans are frustrated beyond belief and it's made the Yard a lot less friendly than normal. I for one hope the the guys we don't see as much like businesslawyer, and even NelsonMuntz continue to post and visit the board. It makes it what it is.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
1. I do
2. Anyone who thinks he is an asset to this community

1. Well, good, then you have nothing to complain about.
2. There's a lot of us that like all the work he does on the Football Recruiting board. So I guess count me as a !

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
1. Well, good, then you have nothing to complain about.
2. There's a lot of us that like all the work he does on the Football Recruiting board. So I guess count me as a !
So counted

Reaction Score
I like HFD. He's not afraid to speak the truth and sees the differences between RU and UCONN.

Some of you have weak arguments against RU whereas HFD will shoot some facts at you. "UCONN should be in the big10 and not rutgers because Rutgers sucks" --- that's not a valid argument and HFD knows it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I like HFD. He's not afraid to speak the truth and sees the differences between RU and UCONN.

Some of you have weak arguments against RU whereas HFD will shoot some facts at you. "UCONN should be in the big10 and not rutgers because Rutgers sucks" --- that's not a valid argument and HFD knows it.

It's an incomplete argument.

Rutgers is in the Big10 because of their state population, despite the fact there football and men's basketball programs have a combined 1 Big East title in their combined histories.

Reaction Score
Are the 2 issues absolutely mutually exclusive? Or, has the conference downfall attracted a new, interesting crew?

Reaction Score

Rutgers is in the Big10 because of their state population, despite the fact there football and men's basketball programs have a combined 1 Big East title in their combined histories.

Doesn't NY have a larger population than NJ? Why didn't the big10 select Syracuse? How about the flagship NY university Binghamton?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Doesn't NY have a larger population than NJ? Why didn't the big10 select Syracuse? How about the flagship NY university Binghamton?

Because Syracuse was in the ACC and a private non-flagship university?
Because Buffalo isn't a flagship either and they were in the MAC?
Does Binghamton even play football?

Here's a good question for you: if CT had 9M people and NJ had 3M, who would be in the Big10?

Reaction Score
Because Syracuse was in the ACC and a private non-flagship university?
Because Buffalo isn't a flagship either and they were in the MAC?
Does Binghamton even play football?

Here's a good question for you: if CT had 9M people and NJ had 3M, who would be in the Big10?

Not sure why some of you are so caught up on the whole population thing. There is also this little thingy called AAU that some of you forget.

How about recruiting grounds? NJ has some awesome school programs which develop athletes unlike CT. NJ population is exactly 2.5x the size of CT....yet, NJ produces 10x the talent.

Hell, Iowa and Nebraska have tiny populations yet they are in the big10.

Stadium size?
Attendance? (RU had 20k at spring game...didn't UCONN only have 1k?)

There are tons of reasons and not just the population

Reaction Score
What Dan is really saying is that he doesn't have any firm offers from BCS programs.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's simple. B1G saw an opportunity to increase it's revenue to the B1G Network and Maryland/NJ both have large enough populations to do so.

I realize you're only here to troll UConn fans and take delight in our misery, so I don't see the point in going any further.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
#HFDforAD

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics