Are all three recruits on campus today? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are all three recruits on campus today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm gonna be right about Vital, can't be sure on Thompson. Vital is virtually a lock.

If I can pick one, I'd take Thompson. Like I said before, if we get Vital I don't really think MAL will like that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oz claims MAL sees the guard depth here and is a providence lean. gilbert is going to be running the show when MAL gets here, and he knows that.

Reaction Score
Oz claims MAL sees the guard depth here and is a providence lean. gilbert is going to be running the show when MAL gets here, and he knows that.

If true, that'd be a big loss. MAL has the heart of a champion.

Reaction Score
I can see why he would think that but interestingly there really isn't all that much guard depth here. In 17-18 we will have (as of right now) only two guards Adams and Gilbert. If anything we will be a little light at guard. Even if we add Vital I would think we there would still be playing time for another guard. Really, if anyone is a great player, I would think they would get playing time. Especially since Ollie does like 3 guard lineups at times.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can see why he would think that but interestingly there really isn't all that much guard depth here. In 17-18 we will have (as of right now) only two guards Adams and Gilbert. If anything we will be a little light at guard. Even if we add Vital I would think we there would still be playing time for another guard. Really, if anyone is a great player, I would think they would get playing time. Especially since Ollie does like 3 guard lineups at times.
Our three guard lineup will include Adams, Gilbert, Diallo, with vital as the main backup.

Reaction Score
Our three guard lineup will include Adams, Gilbert, Diallo, with vital as the main backup.

I think MAL is just about as a complete of a player as they come, but if we get Diallo then I won't mind if we miss out on him. Wouldn't blame him for wanting to play right away considering his talent level, and I'd find it pretty hard to see him breaking the rotation year one with Adams, Gilbert, and Diallo. If Diallo for whatever reason doesn't pan out, though, MAL would be huge. I think he's going to be a star in CBB, where I think Diallo will be an All-Star in the NBA. Getting Diallo here has been priority #1 for years and he's looking like the #1 prospect in the 2017 class.

Reaction Score
If we get both Vital and Thompson, the only player we reallllly need in 2017 is Ham. At PG we'd have JA and AG. At SG, Vital. At SF it'd be Vance and TL. At PF- Durham, Mama, Thompson. And C, ZB and Enoch. We get Hamidou, we're golden. 2 deep at every position. If Thompson and Vital both commit, we need to put 110% effort into getting Ham.

Reaction Score
If we get both Vital and Thompson, the only player we reallllly need in 2017 is Ham. At PG we'd have JA and AG. At SG, Vital. At SF it'd be Vance and TL. At PF- Durham, Mama, Thompson. And C, ZB and Enoch. We get Hamidou, we're golden. 2 deep at every position. If Thompson and Vital both commit, we need to put 110% effort into getting Ham.

I think we've been putting 100% into Ham since Ollie first saw him play. I hope the familiarity and length of contact come into consideration when he decides to commit to a school.

Reaction Score
I think we've been putting 100% into Ham since Ollie first saw him play. I hope the familiarity and length of contact come into consideration when he decides to commit to a school.

I hope so too. But now that Duke, Kentucky, etc. is involved, I'm not feeling as good.

Reaction Score
I hope so too. But now that Duke, Kentucky, etc. is involved, I'm not feeling as good.

It's going to either be the greatest recruit signing in UConn history or a story of "the one who got away."

I'm hoping it's the former.

C

Chief00

A great player you lock up quickly or lose - hope this is an exception to the rule.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I would love to get all three. Vital (additional ball-handler and perimeter shooter) and Thompson's (rebounding and ability to score inside) are skills that we desperately need to improve for '16-'17.
Vann really seems like a great fit...very good three point shooter with developing skill at drawing fouls on drives. He currently is on the thin side, so a year of learning the system and hitting the weights should turn him into a valuable contributor...likely for '17-'18, '18-'19 and '19-'20 without as high a risk of wanting to turn pro early.

just saw the other thread that says Vann is not coming...VCU instead...wish him well

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's going to either be the greatest recruit signing in UConn history or a story of "the one who got away."

I'm hoping it's the former.

Greatest? Not sure with Donyell, Rudy, Rip and a few others coming out. He looks good and who doesn't love elite athleticism but pretty sure the others guys were damn good too. Nonetheless hope he becomes a Husky.

Reaction Score
Well, I think he means just the act of signing someone over all the other bluebloods. I didn't really follow recruiting until the last few years, so I'm not sure what kinds of other offers the guys you mentioned had, but it would be hard to compare to the juggernaut that Calipari is now.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Twitter gurus say Thompson to visit Seton Hall Sunday/Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom