Archie Miller out at Indiana | The Boneyard

Archie Miller out at Indiana

Reaction Score
They need a real coach that can win basketball games. I will get heat for this but Gregg Marshall should be in immediate consideration for that job because he has the ability to turn them into a real powerhouse again

E: Unless the allegations against him are true of course

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They need a real coach that can win basketball games. I will get heat for this but Gregg Marshall should be in immediate consideration for that job because he has the ability to turn them into a real powerhouse again
I don’t care how good of a basketball coach you are. With what he pulled as a coach and how he treated his kids, he should NEVER be considered as a coach again. I don’t always believe in second chances. People seem to ignore how bad of a person someone is if you are a good coach and I wholeheartedly disagree with that. I just personally couldn’t justify that, but I can understand why people might say that

Reaction Score
I don’t care how good of a basketball coach you are. With what he pulled as a coach and how he treated his kids, he should NEVER be considered as a coach again. I don’t always believe in second chances. People seem to ignore how bad of a person someone is if you are a good coach and I wholeheartedly disagree with that. I just personally couldn’t justify that, but I can understand why people might say that
I wasn't too sure if the allegations were proven because I haven't been tracking that story for a while now. But does anyone know if the allegations were proven to be true?

Also the fact he resigned is a bit shady but he did get a payday as a result

Reaction Score
Feels for Kenya Hunter - know he'll land on his feet.
I feel like usually when a head coach is fired, the entire staff is gone too. Is it common to see assistant coaches keeping their jobs after a head coach gets fired?

I know when a coach chooses to leave for another opportunity it could be different (example- Hurley left URI and some of his staff stayed). But with a firing like this it’s hard for me to imagine Kenya keeps his job. Really wish him the best either way.

Reaction Score
I wasn't too sure if the allegations were proven because I haven't been tracking that story for a while now. But does anyone know if the allegations were proven to be true?

My speculation on the situation was that he was pulling these stunts for years and WSU hid everything cause he was a good coach, hence the massive buyout. If WSU didn’t give Gregg Marshall what he wanted on the way out he had so much dirt on them for covering up everything he did. I can’t prove everything to be true, but in this case I have a very very strong feeling that everything he was accused of is true.

Reaction Score
Kenya can come back if we wants to be our water boy

In all seriousness, the way he left does not bode well for his future prospects. He burned bridges, and leaving 2 months before the season started shows he not the most loyal of guys out there. Hitching your wagon to Archie Miller...yikes!

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Yes.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Speaking of massive buyouts, I think A Miller gets over $10M from IU.
I read that, I hedge my bet lower. He understands, unlike coaches who have been in his position, that he underperformed.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
In another thread I picked Pitino. Matta would be a nice hire too. I didn't know he was looking to get back into coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom